Sign in to follow this  
01jbell

First Resistance list (vennie)

Hi 

I finaly got around to getting the resistance pack and want to try out a half decenent list. I also as a gift got the star fortress so really want to use this. 

I current have created this list but want to see if I am missing some thing regarding the list or if other builds may be better 

I only have the one A wing that's why I have not gone for a supporting A wing swarm with the star fortress. 

I am also on the fence with going for bomber with traj sim and loads of bombs or the double tap version I created below any opinions on which to pick would be great. 

Vennie (62)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)    
    Perceptive Copilot (8)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    
    Rey (14)    

Ship total: 95  Half Points: 48  Threshold: 6    

L'ulo L'ampar (38)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 40  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 2    

Ello Asty (56)    
    Heroic (1)    
    M9-G8 (7)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 64  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 4    

Total: 199    

again any advice opinions or changes to pilots will be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards 

Funny, I made my first resistance list today. Vennie with trajectory, lulo,lintra, bastian i belive those ships has good synergy. But the list has very few points to play around with, still under construction. Never played any "good guys" before.

37 minutes ago, Muppetfluffer said:

Funny, I made my first resistance list today. Vennie with trajectory, lulo,lintra, bastian i belive those ships has good synergy. But the list has very few points to play around with, still under construction. Never played any "good guys" before.

yeah that looks like a good synergy list. 

I do think Vennie ( and star fortress as a whole) has two ways to build. Either double tap  turret or traj sim and bombs you can't do both due to the ballooning cost(unless some how I have missed some perfect blend of the two). 

. I just keep flip flopping on which build may be better as a starter for ten. 

I thought I would try double tap turret first as it seems better against  more types of list then the traj sim. As a traj sim may do very well against swarms and rebel beef  but only on the first pass as it is way to slow to turn.  

I actually been glancing at finch. Trajectory, then bumping and dropping bombs anywhere from your large base seems like nice :)

Rose Tycho is nice with Vennies ability, since you actually get a resault to sacrifice for Rose. Not to mention you can sacrifice blanks from your primary attack to mod you Turret.

Personally I prefer bombs to put points in a 2dice turret, since the dmg is more consistent with bombs and way higher vs formations (that are very popular atm). 

A bomber screams KILL ME IM A PRIMARY TARGET!

So I belive its more about how much dmg it can make before it goes then anything else.

Gotta get some games under my belt with ze bomber :)

Yeah I am changed the list above to try and get vennie the bombs and turret double shot.  So I have currently got . I do lose pattern analyser but I hope with the m9-g8 re roll on vennie that will make the 3 strengh attack and the 2 dice turrent better. As c3p0 calc tokens will be used on defence first. 

But still it is sacrifing Rey and pattern analyser for proton bombs and trajectory simulator. Which lowers my weapon power but does give me some board control with the bombs, tico and Trajectory Simulator. 

Vennie — MG-100 StarFortress 62
Trajectory Simulator 10
C-3PO 6
Veteran Turret Gunner 6
Paige Tico 7
Proton Bombs 5
Ship Total: 96
Half Points: 48 Threshold: 6

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 56
Heroic 1
M9-G8 7
Integrated S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 64
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 4

L’ulo L’ampar — RZ-2 A-Wing 38
Crack Shot 1
Heroic 1
Ship Total: 40
Half Points: 20 Threshold: 2

Simple Text Reddit TTS BBCode HTML
 Close
I do   

Try this.  Vennie tanked at least half again as many hits as he took for a total of 18 to 20 hits rolled against him to kill him.  It was unreal (with average dice rolls)!  He also gave some nasty damage.  I would say the big reason it was hard to win is I was so focused on Vennie, I kinda messed up flying his wing men (stupid I know)!

MG-100 StarFortress - •Vennie - 101
    •Vennie - Crimson Cutter (62)
        •C-3PO (6)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        •Rey (14)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

RZ-2 A-wing - •L’ulo L’ampar - 40
    •L’ulo L’ampar - Luminous Mentor (38)
        Crack Shot (1)
        Heroic (1)

T-70 X-wing - •Lieutenant Bastian - 59
    •Lieutenant Bastian - Optimistic Analyst (48)
        •M9-G8 (7)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I play a lot of Vennie.  In my mind there are a number of different ways to build him out.

Two primary builds ... Gunship or fat bomber ... and one key choice ... Paige or Rey.

My favourite Vennie build is this one ... I fly it with Heroic Lulo and M9-G8 Bastian for double modded double taps on the bomber. With Paige you are always going to be shooting twice with the bomber as long as you plan ahead. It is less defensive that playing against Rey, but it hits a lot harder.

Vennie (62)
Trajectory Simulator (10)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Paige Tico (7)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Total: 106

However last weekend at UK nationals, I talked to other Vennie enthusiasts ... one young man was flying this version with Pattern Analyser, Black One on Nien Nunb and Lone Wolf Lulo ... that was brutal. I took a blinded pilot crit, and so just simply couldn't push any damage through against the Rey ability.

Vennie (62)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
C-3PO (6)
Rey (14)
Total: 93

Another option that I talked about with an opponent was a hilarious stealth device/Rey build. Flavour to taste with other upgrades, but with A-Wing support to throw a wider turret net to trigger Vennie's ability, this ship is nigh on unkillable.

Vennie (62)
C-3PO (6)
Rey (14)
Stealth Device (4)
Total: 92

I've used this with some success. If you manage to keep the A-wings turrets on the enemy ships Vennie is quite tanky. 

Vennie (62)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Rey (14)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)

Tallissan Lintra (35)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

L’ulo L’ampar (38)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Optics (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

3 hours ago, Aiwarikiar said:

I've used this with some success. If you manage to keep the A-wings turrets on the enemy ships Vennie is quite tanky. 

Vennie (62)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Rey (14)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)

Tallissan Lintra (35)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

L’ulo L’ampar (38)
Heroic (1)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Optics (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I found that this version just couldn't push the damage into lists ... with the A-Wings unwilling to spend a focus if threatened by attacks.  I think you only need one A-Wing to cover Vennie's exposed arcs though.  

I hope the points change will see a further drop in points to this ship, or the support options so that Vennie can become the meta powerhouse he is so close to being.

Thank  you all for the advice it does seem as I want to run Heroic Lulo and M9-G8 Bastian  as the support ships i will give 

Vennie (62)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Paige Tico (7)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)

it comes down to one question though and that is Rey vs tico

For me to put Rey in that vennie build I would need to replace tico and pattern analyser. 

Which I think pattern analyser on vennie is too good. Being able to launch a bomb and stop and still get your actions would create a good killing zone. Also opening up those 1 hard turns is helpful. 

Unless I am missing some thing that makes get that much better. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, 01jbell said:

Thank  you all for the advice it does seem as I want to run Heroic Lulo and M9-G8 Bastian  as the support ships i will give 

Vennie (62)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Paige Tico (7)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)

it comes down to one question though and that is Rey vs tico

For me to put Rey in that vennie build I would need to replace tico and pattern analyser. 

Which I think pattern analyser on vennie is too good. Being able to launch a bomb and stop and still get your actions would create a good killing zone. Also opening up those 1 hard turns is helpful. 

Unless I am missing some thing that makes get that much better. 

Rey as the second gunner makes the list more consistent in tankiness, since you'll have two Focus tokens and a Force charge to use for mods (but only if you keep Pattern Analyzer), but Paige as the second gunner means that you have more opportunity to double-tap with the front and turret arcs, and you can guard your backside a little better with the bomb drop.  I think the build depends greatly on how you intend to fly Vennie.  I faced the same problem in trying to figure out my build for a tournament last year.  I settled on the Paige/VTG combo, but I didn't do well in the tournament.  I think the Rey build is a little leaner, and perhaps more effective.  You would also get Rey's Force modification regardless of whether you execute a red maneuver, which does give you some support even if you can't use PerCop.

Edited by feltipern1

I will concur with feltiperr on this one. Having flown Vennie at the only HS Trial I have attended, Rey was so valuable. Being able to tank so many shots is nice.

My list was

Vennie with Perceptive Co-pilot, VTG, Rey, Traj Sim, Seismic Charges, Proton Bombs

Tallistan with Heroic, Crackshot

Lt. Bastian with M9-G8

I would likely change out Ttaj Sim to fit PA and boost the support ships more. Biggest issue was wanting to stall and not having actions or really needing a hard one. I liked Tallie over L'ulo for survivability and adding the evade die to Vennie. Throwing 4 dice with Vennie thanks to Tallie, Range 3 and an obstacle, then adding a focus result to score 5 evades is just hilarious.

I look forward to seeing how your version goes - maybe C3PO is a good choice, but I liked having a full focus token.

20 minutes ago, SwampyCr said:

I will concur with feltiperr on this one. Having flown Vennie at the only HS Trial I have attended, Rey was so valuable. Being able to tank so many shots is nice.

My list was

Vennie with Perceptive Co-pilot, VTG, Rey, Traj Sim, Seismic Charges, Proton Bombs

Tallistan with Heroic, Crackshot

Lt. Bastian with M9-G8

I would likely change out Ttaj Sim to fit PA and boost the support ships more. Biggest issue was wanting to stall and not having actions or really needing a hard one. I liked Tallie over L'ulo for survivability and adding the evade die to Vennie. Throwing 4 dice with Vennie thanks to Tallie, Range 3 and an obstacle, then adding a focus result to score 5 evades is just hilarious.

I look forward to seeing how your version goes - maybe C3PO is a good choice, but I liked having a full focus token.

I really like that list I think I may give that a go. I forgot about Tallistan being I5. 

Also it feels like vennie needs to be able to tank hits before double tapping. As the double tap is only a 2 dice attack. With traj SIM and the bombs they should help with damage as well. 

I got a friendly tournament on Saturday so will give it a go and see what happenes. 

It looks really fun :). Thank you 

Rey makes Vennie really tanky, but aces can just outfly your arcs. 

Paige makes it much harder to outfly you. 

People underestimate the second shot on The bomber. With m9-g8 and focus it pretty much always gets 2 hits. The primary forces token spend and the follow up pushes damage. 

Posted (edited)

•Tallissan Lintra (35) - RZ-2 A-wing (37 pts)
Crack Shot (1)  Heroic (1) 

•L’ulo L’ampar (38) - RZ-2 A-wing (40 pts)
 Crack Shot (1)  Heroic (1)

•Vennie (62) - MG-100 StarFortress (121 pts)

Perceptive Copilot (8)  
Stealth Device (4)

Proton Bombs (5) 
Seismic Charges (3)

Pattern Analyzer (5) 
 •Finn (10)

•Rey (14)

Ive been having a lot of fun with this list.  Won some games besides the times i have flown my a wings horribly and left no turret arcs on an enemy ace.  And i forgot some triggers in the first game or two

It is extra tanky with stealth device. It's really a 3+ agility ship in disguise and if you roll bad you still have Rey to help.  I need to get better with tali, i never get her ability off. The good thing is if you don't roll bad on defense a lot of times you have Rey and a focus for attack.  No double attack but as tanky as you are you should get plenty of shots off the duration of the game. 

Edited by Gokuja04

This is what im gona try at gamenight tomorrow. Might switch perco to c3 for more options.

(62) Vennie [MG-100 StarFortress]
(10) Trajectory Simulator
(5) Proton Bombs
(3) Seismic Charges
(8) Perceptive Copilot

(38) L'ulo L'ampar [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic

(35) Tallissan Lintra [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic

(36) Greer Sonnel [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic

Total points: 200

Im trying to get som more mods in to the list, but ends up on 211.

What would you change?

(I made this list to play Trajectory, so dont touch that :)

New Squadron

(62) Vennie [MG-100 StarFortress]
(14) Rey
(5) Proton Bombs
(3) Seismic Charges
(10) Trajectory Simulator
(6) C-3PO

(32) Blue Squadron Recruit [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 211

I would be inclined to drop one of the A-wings. Gives a lot of points to shuffle things around and improve the list. I know the extra mobile arcs are good for Vennie, but 1-2 plus his own is enough.

2 hours ago, SwampyCr said:

I would be inclined to drop one of the A-wings. Gives a lot of points to shuffle things around and improve the list. I know the extra mobile arcs are good for Vennie, but 1-2 plus his own is enough.

Maybe. 

I played with Vennie and top3 nameds, Only problem was inconsistancy in A-wing dmg. But the list worked great.

The obvious target is Vennie, so the A gets to fly around freely and set up blocks, wich should improve dmg as well.

Seting up rocks so I can do seismic dmg and open up a flightpath (bomber is a dream to fly in comparisson to shuttles, so zigzaging between rocks isnt to much of a problem anyway).

Endversion I removed Rey and C-3 and added perco to increase the value of the single green. 199pts.

Got all the Hyperspace swag already, so taking this to a trial next weekend :)