Kehl_Aecea

If you could change 1 thing...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

It's on Netflix currently, but who knows for how long.

Anyhow, every time I watch Last Jedi I love it more and more.  I know some folks didn't like it, I know a lot do.  Eh, to each their own.  The world would be boring if we all liked the same things.  Best to judge for yourself.

Not available over here in Ireland, and Netflix blocks the old VPNs now, so I'll be waiting quite a while longer.

Edited by NakedDex

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NakedDex said:

I'm probably not going to see it unless it's on Netflix when I'm terribly bored. Despite playing this game since launch, Armada, and even the RPG, I actually don't like Star Wars movies. I don't know what it is about this universe, but almost all of the games are great, but the actual "sanctioned canon" stuff have all been things I just can't get into. Most of the tabletop games have been a blast, and a bunch of the computer games have been fantastic too, but I can't deal with the movies or shows at all.

prepares for lynching

Honestly it sounds like you'd really like SW Rebels. I've never cared for the movies either (it was the fantastic FFG games that got me into the lore), but Rebels gives you a more immersive experience in the whole Star Wars universe, which is really cool. Also the show got a very satisfying conclusion IMO.

Just wish it was available to see legally literally anywhere. Disney+ can't come soon enough :( 

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gadwag said:

I'd make the forums less of a salt mine

Honestly this would probably be my one thing too. I'm honestly very happy with the game and have a lot of faith in the devs after seeing how 2.0 has panned out.

It's just absolutely crazy how many people flip out over things we have little to know knowledge of. Luke Gunner. Rebel Fenn Rau. General Leia and Admiral Holdo. Han Gunner. Dash/Outrider. The list goes on and on, but so many things make the forums panic like they're the end of the world before we even have points.

And then when something actually is abusive or problematic (Whisper/Vader, Boba/Han, Tripsilon, quad sigmas, Jake Brake Han, yion) it's all anyone talks about and people who actually have fun with or against these lists (which is a valid experience albeit in the minority) get shouted down. It makes me sad because I love the ideas and engagement here often a lot more than the Reddit page (which is mostly paint jobs, mods, and list ideas), but the Reddit is a much more positive and thoughtful place to be a lot of the time.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Honestly it sounds like you'd really like SW Rebels. I've never cared for the movies either (it was the fantastic FFG games that got me into the lore), but Rebels gives you a more immersive experience in the whole Star Wars universe, which is really cool. Also the show got a very satisfying conclusion IMO.

Just wish it was available to see legally literally anywhere. Disney+ can't come soon enough :( 

I gave Rebels a shot too, but didn't care for it either. I like the universe as a sandbox, but the stories that seem to come out from movies and tv shows have never resonated with me. Even the computer games seem to miss the mark for me, despite the gameplay usually being great. That's also probably why the old flight sim games are the ones that still represent the peak of the digital games for me.

5 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I gave Rebels a shot too, but didn't care for it either. I like the universe as a sandbox, but the stories that seem to come out from movies and tv shows have never resonated with me. Even the computer games seem to miss the mark for me, despite the gameplay usually being great. That's also probably why the old flight sim games are the ones that still represent the peak of the digital games for me.

Eh, yeah, that's fine. It gets a lot better after season 1, but it's fair if the stories just aren't for you.

Firstly, let's never bring in anything from Attack Wing. That game is a disaster (and a missed opportunity).

Secondly, in Star Trek, the shields go down when cloaked for thematic reasons around power supply. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Star Wars ships don't have that issue

1 hour ago, NakedDex said:

Firstly, let's never bring in anything from Attack Wing. That game is a disaster (and a missed opportunity).

Secondly, in Star Trek, the shields go down when cloaked for thematic reasons around power supply. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Star Wars ships don't have that issue

Thematically speaking, crits ought to pierce shields, which is a weird missed opportunity (read: you would need to redesign crit generation and health values and the damage deck around it) that's been in the game since the beginning for some reason.

3 hours ago, svelok said:

Thematically speaking, crits ought to pierce shields, which is a weird missed opportunity (read: you would need to redesign crit generation and health values and the damage deck around it) that's been in the game since the beginning for some reason.

It's really not a missed opportunity as much as dodging at least one rng bullet

Game has enough as is 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

I sometimes wish boosts only used the 1 straight unless an ability said otherwise

I wonder how things would work out without the boost action at all. I reckon it was invented solely to allow A-wings and Interceptors to go faster than the TIE fighter, and printing new 6-speed straights, 4-banks, and 135-degree turns wasn't a practicable course.