FriendofYoda

Point Changes - They're Coming!

Posted (edited)

I6 generally is far too cheap, but especially the repositioning I6 ones. Even some of the I5 deserve a look.

Do something about the Quad Phantoms. Also, that moving castle is not good for the game.

But also have a long look at the stupid automatic-Juke combo on other full-throttle ships (Juke in itself is not that problematic powerwise, although not fun).

Drop Scyk M3As very slightly, they are almost good. But esp. Quinn needs to invest even more points to get any use of the pilot ability, and then gets very fat/juicy for being such a squishy ship, so could really use a drop. With calculates and force everywhere, Genesis makes a sad face....

Kihraxz get a discount on mods. 

Leia up. Compared to Contraband Cybernetics, it is just hilarious. The card had her time in the sun now, (and tribute to Fisher), but the current price is far too low. However, please do not swing too far into Acewing again, or into fat -bases-everywhere. Game is supposed to be about snubfighters.

Edited by Managarmr

I predict this won't be a popular opinion; let the salt flow.

1. Less rebel beef on the table.
    • I fight a lot of it and I'm kinda... tired.  There's only so much I can enjoy of my opponent's strategy being "I take forever to kill, and in the meantime my swarm will bumble around and kill some or all of your ships".  It puts a harsh limit on what can be fielded against it, and also dampens the fun of a match.  Especially at a tournament: it just becomes tedium.
    • Rebels have lots of neat things going on; they don't need this crutch, and it shouldn't be the defining feature of their faction IMO.  Buff something else to become viable instead.
  2. Flatten the top.
    • In general the meta monsters (e.g. 4x phantoms, rebel beef, double-tap shtufffs) probably need at least a light touch of revisiting, especially those that will benefit from the new cards coming out such as Passive Sensors.
  3. Help First Order and Resistance.
    • Buff and/or discount these factions that see relatively little play.
    • Seems like many ships in Scum need revisiting too, like Lancer.
    • I like seeing a wide variety of factions, ships and strategies on the table; it means there's a lot more counter-play opportunity, and the game doesn't get boring.
    • ...And those of us who bought into FO and Resistance are kinda wondering when FFG will turn its eye from the prequels and notice these factions again.
    • .....Also some ships I love need FFG's love.

Point of curiosity: Previous update inflicted a pretty aggressive nerf to some of my favorite ships -- HWKs and Quadrijets included.  Maybe some day FFG will deign to reverse that decision.  Or maybe they'll nerf 'em more just to be mean to us Jan Ors players.  :)

Also: Leia is wildly undercosted and everyone knows it.  It's kind of a given that she'll be pricier, just not sure by how much.  I didn't list it in my top 3 because that's like wishing for air to breathe next Christmas: if you're not expecting that by default, we have a problem.  ;)

1 hour ago, svelok said:

1.) Cheaper Vultures!

2.) Hyperspace changes! Don't just rotate in the wave 5 ships and rotate out the wave 0/2 ships. Put some new interesting stuff in and take all the wave 3 stuff back out. There's no point in two formats if all the good ships are in both except, like, two. I want Hyperspace Lancers and E-Wings.

Wave 3 stuff? Are you saying to boot the clone wars factions too? Or just the re released stuff? In any case that's silly (especially if you meant all of it) since you'd be eliminating 2 entire factions, a d if anything the newly released stuff. 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

1.) Cheaper Vultures!

2.) Hyperspace changes! Don't just rotate in the wave 5 ships and rotate out the wave 0/2 ships. Put some new interesting stuff in and take all the wave 3 stuff back out. There's no point in two formats if all the good ships are in both except, like, two. I want Hyperspace Lancers and E-Wings.

Wave 3 stuff? Are you saying to boot the clone wars factions too? Or just the re released stuff? In any case that's silly (especially if you meant all of it) since you'd be eliminating 2 entire factions, a d if anything the newly released stuff. 

1 hour ago, svelok said:

1.) Cheaper Vultures!

17 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

No, I mean the Interceptor/Starviper/etc, that got rotated in when wave 3 dropped.

Number of people calling for cheaper vultures has me pretty excited.  If they go down, I can almost guarantee that is what I'm flying at World's.  I really do not think they need the help if the biggest boogidymen get the nerfening.

Personally, I hope that all Regen gets a points increase.

I'll do this in two ways:

As primarily a Rebel player:
1) Increase Leia's cost. 2 is FAR too cheap. Bring her to around 5 or 6 and that should be a solid place for her.
2) a 2 point decrease to B-Wings
3) Falcon and ARC-170 point drop (SLIGHT on the Falcon)

As a player in general:

1) Leia. Just... yeah
2) Reign in proton torps to something usable. 12 points seems a bit too much
3) Large and medium bases reduced where needed. Some are at an okay spot, others need a discount to be more viable.

What I would like to see:

Scyks either down a point or two more or getting the Sensor slot.

Kihraxzs down by a point or two. One mod slot swapped out for a Sensor slot or for a second Missile slot.

Starvipers down a couple of points (Generics down to 44 (BSE) and 46 (BSA), Dalan and Xizor down 1 or 2, Guri left the **** alone or down by 1).

Skulls down 2-3 points.

Phantom up a few points (46 for the Imdaar, 50 for the Sigma).

Removal of the Illicit slot from non-S&V ships.

4 hours ago, svelok said:

But... those [Sith Infiltrators] are terrible.

Yeah... I was thinking about the relationship between the two the other day, and Lancer really has a lot more going for it.

I guess what it comes down to in the end is that there are so many terrible ships.

Sigma’s up 2, Juke down 1. IMO it’s the chassis that makes juke op. You don’t need to spend an action to make it work.

Defenders down. An Int 1 Delta is 2 more points than Scum Fenn.  That’s so wrong in my opinion too.

Rebels get hit by the crazy brush that smashed Boba. The old Boba build went up 17 points from memory. I wonder if they will boost Cassian, Ten, Braylen and Wedge? Surely Leia has to go up to at least 6 points.

And a bonus wish because I am pro Imperial and the Emperor wills it, a decrease across a majority of Imperial crew. They just seem so expensive.

5 hours ago, Wazat said:

I predict this won't be a popular opinion; let the salt flow.

1. Less rebel beef on the table.
    • I fight a lot of it and I'm kinda... tired.  There's only so much I can enjoy of my opponent's strategy being "I take forever to kill, and in the meantime my swarm will bumble around and kill some or all of your ships".  It puts a harsh limit on what can be fielded against it, and also dampens the fun of a match.  Especially at a tournament: it just becomes tedium.
    • Rebels have lots of neat things going on; they don't need this crutch, and it shouldn't be the defining feature of their faction IMO.  Buff something else to become viable instead.
  2. Flatten the top.
    • In general the meta monsters (e.g. 4x phantoms, rebel beef, double-tap shtufffs) probably need at least a light touch of revisiting, especially those that will benefit from the new cards coming out such as Passive Sensors.
  3. Help First Order and Resistance.
    • Buff and/or discount these factions that see relatively little play.
    • Seems like many ships in Scum need revisiting too, like Lancer.
    • I like seeing a wide variety of factions, ships and strategies on the table; it means there's a lot more counter-play opportunity, and the game doesn't get boring.
    • ...And those of us who bought into FO and Resistance are kinda wondering when FFG will turn its eye from the prequels and notice these factions again.
    • .....Also some ships I love need FFG's love.

Point of curiosity: Previous update inflicted a pretty aggressive nerf to some of my favorite ships -- HWKs and Quadrijets included.  Maybe some day FFG will deign to reverse that decision.  Or maybe they'll nerf 'em more just to be mean to us Jan Ors players.  :)

Also: Leia is wildly undercosted and everyone knows it.  It's kind of a given that she'll be pricier, just not sure by how much.  I didn't list it in my top 3 because that's like wishing for air to breathe next Christmas: if you're not expecting that by default, we have a problem.  ;)

THIS. GOD, THIS.

I FEEL CHEATED.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

So what are everyone's top 3 hopes for the changes?

1.) 👻👻👻

2.) 🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽

3.) not sure yet

I like large bases

Edit ok I thought of 3, I want quad Silencers, preferably with room for upgrades

Edited by Kieransi

1. Points rebalance for Leia. Needs to be at least 4 points, maybe 5. This will control the massive influx of the "Rebel beef" list that are fairly boring to play against.

2. Change to TIE Phantom Sigmas- Need to either increase their point cost by 2 or find some way to change their interaction with Juke.  I love phantoms, but they are too good with a having two possible tokens and Juke's ability, in numbers greater than 2.

3. Lower the cost of Large-based ships across the board by 2-4. The tax of being not as maneuverable, having lower Agility, and lots of Hull to have critical hits jammed through means that aside from a couple of outliers (Infiltrators, Upsilons, Lambdas, Rebel Han), the majority of Large ships are simply not worth their points to bring.

7 hours ago, Wazat said:

...And those of us who bought into FO and Resistance are kinda wondering when FFG will turn its eye from the prequels and notice these factions again.

I don’t mean to diminish your point as I know these factions are struggling, but at least you have new content to look forward to.

I’m almost exclusively Imp/Rebel, and we’ve gotten nothing new since Wave 1. Not only that, there aren’t even any announcements in the pipeline. Unlike the Sequel factions, there are no major sources of new canon ships for the OT period.

FO is looking forward to 3 more Interceptors and a Bomber. Resistance will be getting the Transport and Pod, probably the Fireball and other cartoon content, and Episode 9 stuff when that’s through.

OT factions just pray that some kind of card packs will come out before Worlds...

I mainly fly Rebels, Resistance, and Republic for a heads up.

• Leia goes up, maybe to 5? 6?
  • Would love if Ghost pilots came down in points, also same for Ezra gunner.
  • Empire phantoms go up in price.
  • Starfortresses and Scavenged YTs come down in points, these guys have a lot of cool options but shoot up in cost fast. And they burn down about twice as fast.
  • I can accept RZ-2s going up in points in exchange. Not by much though I think, depends on the pod and transport cost.
  • For the love of everything holy can the torrent pilots sides the Goldies get a price reduction? Lulo has been laughing at poor Odd Ball for a while now...
  • Also I wouldn't mind if all Arcs(Rebel and Republic) going down in price except the 104th and Norra. Norra is fine I think cause that ability of hers is worth it, the only Arc that doesn't burn down as fast.
  • If 7th fleet gunner comes down maybe 2 points or so I wouldn't complain.

8 hours ago, Managarmr said:

I6 generally is far too cheap, but especially the repositioning I6 ones. Even some of the I5 deserve a look.

Have u seen the price tag of Fenn Rau? I don't see him being too cheap, or even far too cheap... I'd say price the other I6 like him and we are fine. 

I'd second the large base points reduction, for those ships who aren't already competitively priced. 

Selfish part looking at my faction: cybernetics, M3-A, K-fighter and generic vipers need some love

https://meta.listfortress.com/ship_combos?ranking_start=2019-02-01&ranking_end=2019-06-01&large_tournament_multiplier=true&widespread_use_multiplier=true&use_ranking_data=all&tournament_type=&format_id=&

1. Increase points of ships, pilots and/or upgrades that are prominently featured on the top of that list

2. Decrease points of ships, pilots and/or upgrades that are prominently featured on the bottom of that list

The game needs a shakeup. All over. In some ways the game has stagnated now there are 7 factions. 

I'm a scum player and scum are better off than resistance or first order for ships but they are still needing some added diversity. Im playing with the same pool of ships/pilots and wave 5 doesnt offer much interest as JK5000 and M3A interecepters are too weak right now to be a good option.

Rebel Beef and 4 Juke Phantoms and drea/3x scurrg are shaping the meta right now and its boring. Republic jedi and Seperatist swarms are the new kids on the block but if im not buying into either of these factions then my options are rather stale.

c'mon FFG, lets see new content for all factions in the form of card packs. Points adjustments will add som interesting options but lets get some new content out there.

do not increase too much points the more used ships.

decrese a lot the ships that doesn't see play.

reach a balance in the game preferibly decreasing the cost of ships 

1) I hope is that FFG doesn't put that much weight on what people here say and does some solid testing and math  on their own for upcoming changes.

2) Changes will be smaller than previous ones, so no list is 20 or so pts more expensive.

3) Conversion rate will flatten between factions and archetypes. Archetype and faction choice should be decided by personal preferences, not power level.