FriendofYoda

Point Changes - They're Coming!

Posted (edited)

So what are everyone's top 3 hopes for the changes?

For me:

1) Dash comes down 4 points so my Dash, Miranda, Sabine list is actually legal. It may not be especially good, but man is it fun to fly.

2) Phantoms go up 1-2 points.

3) Fenn Rau comes down a couple of points and gets a mod slot, I'd love to see him with Afterburners and Fearless in the 75-77 point range.

Edited by FriendofYoda

Posted (edited)

1) Resistance: Falcon waaay down. Rey -4, Han -6, Chewie and Generic -8. L'ulo + 2.

2) Sigmas lose their talent slot and drop 1-2 points or Sigmas and Imdaars +2 each.

3) Fix the super weird Republic numbers. At the very least lower Barriss, Blues, and named Torrents, but also adjust the generic ARCs to make some kind of sense (init 2 guy +1 and elite guy -1?)

Edited by Maui.

Well, this is good news to be sure.  Things have been feeling pretty stale in my area.

1.  Leia goes up to 5 or 6 points

2.  Phantoms go up a few points and Juke comes back down to 4 but still with a net increase to Phantoms

3.  Further discounts for some large bases that aren't seeing play (YV-666, VCX, Deci all come to mind) or discounted selected crews/gunners all around to achieve a similar effect. (Bossk, Scum Solo, Cad Bane, Jerjerrod, Cienna Ree, Tarkin, etc.)

3 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

1.) Cheaper Vultures!

2.) Hyperspace changes! Don't just rotate in the wave 5 ships and rotate out the wave 0/2 ships. Put some new interesting stuff in and take all the wave 3 stuff back out. There's no point in two formats if all the good ships are in both except, like, two. I want Hyperspace Lancers and E-Wings.

3.) Lancers! I'd like to see 8 points off the top of all the pilots, or thereabouts. Shadowport Hunter for 52 points seems fair vs the 104th ARC at 42 points, and 62 for Ketsu / 68 for Asajj seems like prices that will make them the forces to be reckoned with that they deserve to be. But the Lancer is still a 3-dice front arc ship with zero access to reposition. It has a 2-dice compensation turret, but it's mostly just a big X-Wing - it's not a boosting fat turret, and it doesn't have the Countermeasures/2x Glitterstim/unlimited Lone Wolf of 1.0. Even if it ends up a bit too cheap, it doesn't really have any way to turn into a monster. It still has to catch you in a front arc without reposition to do damage.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see:

• Jumpmaster down by ~7 points across the board (Dengar down by 3)

• Large bases except Rebel and Scum YT-1300 down by `~5 points across the board.

• B-Wing costs more but gets discount on cannons

• Advanced Sensors down to 7-8

• Wedge, Vader, Soontir, Whisper, Thane, Norra, Guri, Duchess and some other I5-6 pilots up by ~5 points

• Academy and Obsidian cost the same. Much smaller price gap between I1-I3 generics.

• Both generic interceptors down 1 point each (leave strikers unchanged).

• Named TIE/v1s and torrents down by ~5 points across the board.

• More aggressive initiative scaling for dodgier ships, less for big-base, immobile ships (except with coordinate).

• Almost all named I2-I3 down by a few points.

• Most I4s down by just a point or two.

• Make Ezra, Han, Magva, Saw, Ciena Ree, Moff Jerjerrod, Tarkin, Latts Razzi, Scum Lando, and Han and Bossk Gunners playable again!

Edited by ClassicalMoser

4 minutes ago, Maui. said:

1) Resistance: Falcon waaay down. Rey -2, Han -6, Chewie and Generic -8/. L'ulo + 2.

2) Sigmas lose their talent slot and drop 1-2 points or Sigmas and Imdaars +2 each.

3) Fix the super weird Republic numbers. At the very least lower Barriss, Blues, and named Torrents, but also adjust the generic ARCs to make some kind of sense (init 2 guy +1 and elite guy -1?)

Forgot about the Resistance Falcon. When I see Maul is 65 Rey being 80 makes me so sad. I'd like her in the mid-70's if possible!

11 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

1. Wedge up a bit.  I like flying dodgy, low-HP Init 5s, so Wedge is kinda the enemy of the ships I like to fly.

2. Resistance Sympathizer generic Scavenged YT-1300 down to 66 points (rest of the SYT too).  I think it'd be fun to try out three 3-dice turrets.  This seems like the E-Wing/Proton Torpedo style of list that is initially feared, but it'd be interesting to do the in-game stress-test for it, to see if it is too much.  The points could go back up if it's a problem.

3. Non-Guri Starvipers down a bit.  They're just such a fun ship.  Bendy barrel rolls make even the generics really nicely mobile.  Kinda like Phantoms without the Juke BS, but a bit more rationally situated.  Now, I wouldn't mind if Guri went down too, but she doesn't need it.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Now, I wouldn't mind if Guri went down too, but she doesn't need it.

She needs to go up. I played her just the other day and it's just plain stupid how mobile she is. She makes Soontir look like a freight train. She flies circles around Poe. She could kill Fenn with her S-Foils tied behind her back. She butchers Maul in her sleep.

But mainly I want AS cheaper for my generic B-Wings and Starvipers and she's getting in the way of that 😛. Nerf the abusive pilot, not the comparatively innocuous upgrade.

I love Guri, but she could do with 5-10 points less of a bid. Fenn is fine; Guri is too cheap. 4-LOM is probably okay after his last nerf. If AS comes down he might start seeing play again.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

14 minutes ago, svelok said:

3.) Lancers! I'd like to see 8 points off the top of all the pilots, or thereabouts. Shadowport Hunter for 52 points seems fair vs the 104th ARC at 42 points, and 62 for Ketsu / 68 for Asajj seems like prices that will make them the forces to be reckoned with that they deserve to be. But the Lancer is still a 3-dice front arc ship with zero access to reposition. It has a 2-dice compensation turret, but it's mostly just a big X-Wing - it's not a boosting fat turret, and it doesn't have the Countermeasures/2x Glitterstim/unlimited Lone Wolf of 1.0. Even if it ends up a bit too cheap, it doesn't really have any way to turn into a monster. It still has to catch you in a front arc without reposition to do damage.

At 52, that strikes me as a bit cheap, mostly looking at the generic Sith Infiltrator (which could probably stand to go down).  Now, I don't know that the Shadowport Hunter needs to be 7 points more, but I feel like the extra agility and turret are worth a little bit.  Something like 51 Sith, 55 Shadowport wouldn't seem too wrong to me.

Just now, GILLIES291 said:

1. Drop the points on the VCXs another 4-6 for each. 

2. Drop the cost of vultures 

3. Drop the cost of the Decimator

4. Drop the cost of the YV-666

5. Drop the cost of the YT-2400

6. Drop the cost of the Jumpmaster 5000

7. Drop the cost of the Lancer

8. Drop the cost of the Upsilon

9. Drop the cost of the Salvaged YT-1300

10. Drop the cost of the Starfortress

Big bases should be costed like the crit magnets they are. Crit chains just have such an easy time putting them out of the fight for a good long time, they can't reposition or maneuver worth anything, they're always in your bullseye, and they're not dodging any damage anyway.

Generally speaking, Large bases are worth closer to T-70 or E-Wing prices than TIE/D prices.

1: Anything to make Hatin’ Kanan more viable.

2: Anything to make 8 Vultures stronger.

I don’t really care beyond that :P Well, except that Leia’s honestly too cheap, and I don’t really care for the Phantom Meta that still reigns (but hey I’ve still not played against them hardly ever outside of the occasional Whisper around here.)

I predict Rey will get the biggest bump down of all ships % wise, similar to what we saw for Rebel Han and Lando but even more. She's the most prominent character of the new trilogy, and FFG has shown that they want the icons in play for all factions. Above Poe and equal to Kylo, she's the bank. 

64 points is just about perfect for her. She should be to Resistance as Maul is to CIS, if not more.  

36 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Forgot about the Resistance Falcon. When I see Maul is 65 Rey being 80 makes me so sad. I'd like her in the mid-70's if possible!

39 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

• Wedge, Vader, Soontir, Whisper, Thane, Norra, Guri, Duchess and some other I5-6 pilots up by ~5 points

Good, good, sketchy, also a bit much but maybe I could live with it, shrug, she’s good but can’t really arc dodge, yeah that’s fine, bite me, broadly agree

I just take extreme exception to some of the really squishy options getting big bumps, likewise ones that aren’t agile. But the number of times a focused up Soontir at range 3 against an unmodified attack just outright dies? Many. So many. At 57 you may as well remove him from play. Ditto Duchess. I might be able to agree 44, but not a point more.

45 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Both generic interceptors down 1 point each (leave strikers unchanged).

Black Squad Scout down at least 2.

47 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

• Named TIE/v1s and torrents down by ~5 points across the board.

• More aggressive initiative scaling for dodgier ships, less for big-base, immobile ships (except with coordinate).

Seventh Sister is already amazing. She goes down 5 and is in every single list I make.

Already a top 5 favorite pilot for me. This would threaten to edge out Duchess and Echo.

but scaling agree. With a caveat that squishy ships can only go so far, and particularly ships with low health, agility based survival, need to account for their propensity to pop.

50 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

• Make Ezra, Han, Magva, Saw, Ciena Ree, Moff Jerjerrod, Tarkin, Latts Razzi, S*** Lando, and Han and Bossk Gunners playable again!

Saw is playable, if held back by the General weakness of large base high health ships he fits best on. Otherwise yeah. 

Honestly, most I5s and 6s should go up across the board. Make it more in line with the Republic's scaling: Anakin is a full 7 points more than Obi-Wan, who himself is 7 points more than Mace. That's not even factoring in 7b. With 7b, each is 8 points more expensive than the next higher initiative.