Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday are you a collector a player or a completion asked

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone and happy Friday for those who are on Friday and happy Thursday evening for those who are not.

With the new ships coming out, it got me wondering

how many people are going to be buying them because they intend on playing them?

how many people are completists where they have to have one of everything?

how many people simply are a collector of the game pieces looking forward to having swarms of droids sitting on their shelves?

so which are you.

Edited by Cubanboy

Happy Friday!

I'm undecided as of now. It will largely come down to budgetary resources and how interesting the mechanics are I guess.

I'm a collector first, player second. As much as I love the game, I don't get to play very often since the closest FLGS is a two hour drive away, and no one locally plays it. The same goes for X-wing and Legion.

When the game came out, my goal was to have 2 of each big ship, 3 of each medium and 4 of each small.  I still have that goal, but there are some ships that won't make that cut.  I don't need more than 2 peltas or 2 dictors (or a single chimaera)...

Right?

Oh look, interdictors at 10 bucks on amazon...

I would say that I am a player first, collector second, and competist third. My goal has been to have at least one ship for every title, and right now with one exception I have that. The exception is the Assault Frigate as it is so ugly I will never own any of them. To me the Rebels have small and large ships only right now.

Happy Friday!

I am a completist/collector/painter/player.

While I would love to move player higher on the list, finding time to get out and play is harder to make work.

Painting sucks up some time, but I can do it in small doses.

Collecting is easy, expensive, but easy.

Problem I keep running into, is that I will not be satisfied until I can run any game that strikes my imagination. 

What would satisfy me?

18+ factions.

Old Republic, Sith, Mandolorian, CIS, GAR, Empire, Imperial Customs, Pirate/Mercenary, Hutts, Hapes Consortium, CSA, Mining Guild, Rebellion, Chiss, various Sector Defense Fleets, New Republic, First Order, & Resistance.

Thus far, the Mandolorians, Hutts & Chiss still lack the diversity of units to make actual factions, but I will get there.

So, definitely completist! ;)

Happy Friday!

I am both collector and player. Want at least 2 of each ship and have them on display in my cabins next to my pc, but I also play the game. Only not as much as I would like. Usually only get 1 or 2 games every 2 months in.

Sad Monday Blues....

I'm a dust gather.... not played for a while (around the time of the SSD announcement) and not purchased anything since about 6 -8 months before that!

I'm a completest by necessity, as to get anyone to play I need to have both sides, which means that I eventually need everything or certain ships will never be played on my table.  Pretty much the same way with every game I play, as my LGS is 35 miles away, and is nearly entirely 40k and Magic the Gathering, so unless it's one of those games, Im never going to see an opponent bring their own stuff.

6 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

I'm a completest by necessity

I am one as well as there are only three players in my area ( including me ) and one is my cousin who uses my set.

However I have to confess, my fleet is getting bigger and bigger because I just like to purchase ships when I see one at a store, it makes me feel happy. I wish there were more types out.