Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skaflok

Simple as Death

Recommended Posts

200/200

 

Oathsworn Cavalry [20] 2x1
[Equipment]
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [24]
Oathsworn Cavalry [20] 2x1
[Equipment]
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [24]
Oathsworn Cavalry [20] 2x1
[Equipment]
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [24]
Oathsworn Cavalry [20] 2x1
[Equipment]
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [24]
Kari Wraithstalker [32] 1x1
[Artifact]
[Unique]
Remove Unit [32]
Heavy Crossbowmen [27] 3x1
Tempered Steel [3]-
Trumpets [2]-
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [36]
Heavy Crossbowmen [27] 3x1
Tempered Steel [3]-
Trumpets [2]-
Rank Discipline [4]-
Remove Unit [36]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think about this MSU +?  Hits rather fast, cavalry may work as a blocker in order to enable one or two additional shots, it is not impossible to flank on your terms - and flank hard. Kari even without upgrades can just shoot, or, given enemy was outmaneuvered, gain some attacks with Flying Daggers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unless you are totally against figures, Marching Cornicen probably does more good for the archers. 

 

Overall, this army can probably roll with whatever objectives come along. It sits at 8 wide for melee, so you should not have much trouble approaching a fortress build.

 

i only really have 2 concerns:

- You don’t have a good counter to lateral movement shenanigans. Marching cornicen will help. Kari can counter this too with the knife throwing not needing LOS.

- Your army is fragile, though that’s a side effect of running MSU period. You sit at 70HP (armor*wounds+protected). That’s a bit below what I’ve found a typical army to be (80-100HP). Though not the most fragile as I’ve seen down to 60ish HP. So you need to hit first and probably need to get a round of unanswered damage in first or you’ll lose the slugging match with opposing armies.

 

On the plus side, the damage output is bonkers. If you get every unit in your army to attack twice then you are probably tabling Your opponent. 

Edited by Church14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for input and analysis. I also think that this one of few armies that can use terrain to great advantage. I'll switch it to cornicerns. Was thinking about them and also about metered march, but cornicerns are probably better than MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The xbows are your main source of damage, so you might get more mileage using the cav as cheap blockers, and pull rank off a few of them, this would let you give kari Fdice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Church14 said:

- Your army is fragile, though that’s a side effect of running MSU period. You sit at 70HP (armor*wounds+protected). That’s a bit below what I’ve found a typical army to be (80-100HP). Though not the most fragile as I’ve seen down to 60ish HP. So you need to hit first and probably need to get a round of unanswered damage in first or you’ll lose the slugging match with opposing armies.

Oathsworn Cav always tend to bring down that equation.  It's doesn't factor in the white armor up mod.  When I was trying cav spam, I noticed that the oaths tended to hold out better than I thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's at 68 before counting in the armor.   Protected is weird because its definitely worth 2, but might be worth a lot more.   If the cav always armor-up, that's 8x4 =32 more, so he's at 100.  I think given the Oathsworn dial, the Daqan theme of armor, and the rest of the Daqan units, you really want Oathsworn as a kind of centerpiece to the whole army, with the ranged units forcing enemy units up until the Oathsworn can block/charge/attack them depending upon initiative/position on a given turn.  That's a lot of down-range firepower, and most lists will not easily outrange it, and that's a lot of block to chew through otherwise.  I'd still be more inclined to take 3 of those 2x1, make a 3x2, and still leave upgrade points for Kari, the 3x2 itself, and perhaps another unit in the list.  Think Shield Wall, File Leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vergilius said:

He's at 68 before counting in the armor.   Protected is weird because its definitely worth 2, but might be worth a lot more.   If the cav always armor-up, that's 8x4 =32 more, so he's at 100.  I think given the Oathsworn dial, the Daqan theme of armor, and the rest of the Daqan units, you really want Oathsworn as a kind of centerpiece to the whole army, with the ranged units forcing enemy units up until the Oathsworn can block/charge/attack them depending upon initiative/position on a given turn.  That's a lot of down-range firepower, and most lists will not easily outrange it, and that's a lot of block to chew through otherwise.  I'd still be more inclined to take 3 of those 2x1, make a 3x2, and still leave upgrade points for Kari, the 3x2 itself, and perhaps another unit in the list.  Think Shield Wall, File Leader.

Increase of 8x2, not 8x4. White armor up goes from 8x4 to 8x6, so an increase of 16. That puts him at 84, a pretty normal number.

I was torn on including it as it is super easy to use, but then prevents charging or turning if used. So realistically it probably adds 8ish, not 16. At least if he’s using the Oathsworn aggressively.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to like Metered March with fragile cavalry units so you can better control the range and ultimately when (or even whether) you engage with someone.  I also appreciate having Marching so you can dial in the defensive benefit while moving...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarumanthewhite said:

I tend to like Metered March with fragile cavalry units so you can better control the range and ultimately when (or even whether) you engage with someone.  I also appreciate having Marching so you can dial in the defensive benefit while moving...

I like mm too. But i miss 8 points. It is hard to choose 4 MM against 2 TS and 1 Marching Cornicen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great points!  The individual unit choice is much different than the choice for 4 units.  TS is such a great card and my opinion of Marching Cornicen has changed greatly, particularly with Crossbowmen.  The ability to shoot and move 1 with a turn is very good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...