LeadBelly

Wingmates for Hera?

I saw this load-out for Hera floating around and was wondering on which ships to pair with her for some list cohesiveness. I'm edging towards Heff w/ Leia and Tac Officer plus one more ship.

Hera Syndulla (VCX-100) (73)    
    Intimidation (3)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    "Zeb" Orrelios (1)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    

Ship total: 92  Half Points: 46  Threshold: 7    

Any thoughts?

First off, wedge, because he's always good.  Even with just the configuration card, it's 52 points for an I6 beast.  That leaves you with 56 points.

I think a double tap Dutch would be pretty great because of the action economy you gain.

Dutch- ion turret, veteran turret gunner - 49 points.  That would leave you with 7 points of upgrades to taste.  I think alot of people will tell you to take Nora over Dutch because of Nora's defensive ability, and matching I5's.  But a focus'locked Wedge, or Hera is going to do alot of damage.  Especially if Hera bumped something.

Zeb is a trap option on Hera. She melts if more than one enemy ship can shoot her, and one of the key ways to avoid that is to deliberately bump one (or more!) of them. She also really wants to be Reinforced to mitigate incoming damage, and also would like some sort of dice mods.

This means Advanced Sensors (which you have) if you can afford it, and a Co-ordination ability from a friend. Dutch counts for this, or Magva Yarro crew or Saw Guerrera crew (one of these, in addition to Nein crew). A turret with the VTG are also good.

I found that Biggs, Lt Blount, and AP5 work well as a team with her, even though you can't fit all the upgrades you want on her. By the time Biggs dies, Hera can start to mop up.

Bringing those two great ideas together:

Intimidation (3)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    
    Magva Yarro (8)    

Ship total: 99  Half Points: 50  Threshold: 7    

Wedge Antilles (52)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 3    

"Dutch" Vander (39)    
    Selfless (3)    
    Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Shield Upgrade (4)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 5    

Total: 200    

Dutch provides mods and also takes on the role of Biggs for a a few turns.

True meaning of glass cannon but oh so beautiful rolling 6 dice at range one.  Dutch hands out target locks when Hera bumps and Jan adds a die to her attacks.  Crazy fun list to fly.

Dorsal Turret (2)    
    Saw Gerrera (8)    
    Shield Upgrade (3)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    

Ship total: 92  Half Points: 46  Threshold: 8    

"Dutch" Vander (39)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (4)    

Ship total: 43  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 4    

Jan Ors (44)    
    Leia Organa (2)    
    Moldy Crow (18)    

Ship total: 64  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 3    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v6!s=200!61:,,,137,,58,165,90,:;27:,138,,,,,:;46:,,46,,,156:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Hera Syndulla (73)
Intimidation (3)
Advanced Sensors (10)
“Zeb” Orrelios (1)
Nien Nunb (5)

“Dutch” Vander (39)
Trick Shot (2)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cassian Andor (47)
Leia Organa (2)
Tactical Officer (2)
Pivot Wing (0)
Total: 198

Cassian just seems really good with Hera. She can do a red maneuver EVERY turn with him + adv sensors.

Posted (edited)

@wurms would that work with an x-wing instead of Dutch? Keeping an eye here since I was after the new ghost model to fly with my X and U wing models with minimal 2nd ed conversion.

Edited by infyrana

7 minutes ago, infyrana said:

@wurms would that work with an x-wing instead of Dutch? Keeping an eye here since I was after the new ghost model to fly with my X and U wing models with minimal 2nd ed conversion.

Wedge fits in nicely. Dutch just provides hera with lock, while cassian coordinates her a reinforce, and she adv sensors a focus. But no reason why a wedge wouldn't work either.

I am a big proponent of that original Hera you posted. I disagree with @Gilarius that Zeb is a trap. Yes, she can die quickly...but she can kill someone quickly too, especially with the right friends. Especially if those friends are ALSO people your opponent wants to shoot. So yeah, Wedge is an excellent choice. Just Swarm Tactics. Use that to bump up Dutch (who has just ProTorps), and who gave Wedge a lock. Double mods on those two, against the right target, agility reduced by 1/2, then Hera with 5 TL'dice. At such a high I shooting, it mitigates a lot of the danger of focus fire on any of them

On 5/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, Greebwahn said:

I am a big proponent of that original Hera you posted. I disagree with @Gilarius that Zeb is a trap. Yes, she can die quickly...but she can kill someone quickly too, especially with the right friends. Especially if those friends are ALSO people your opponent wants to shoot. So yeah, Wedge is an excellent choice. Just Swarm Tactics. Use that to bump up Dutch (who has just ProTorps), and who gave Wedge a lock. Double mods on those two, against the right target, agility reduced by 1/2, then Hera with 5 TL'dice. At such a high I shooting, it mitigates a lot of the danger of focus fire on any of them

Different builds can lead to different experiences. My list revolved around keeping Hera alive because the person playing it is a big Hera fanboy, whereas going for high initiative ships and treating Hera as expendable might also work.

Went with this for a casual game:

Intimidation (3)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    
    "Zeb" Orrelios (1)    

Ship total: 92  Half Points: 46  Threshold: 7    

"Dutch" Vander (39)    
    Proton Torpedoes (12)    

Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 4    

Wedge Antilles (52)    
    Swarm Tactics (3)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

Total: 198    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v6!s=200!61:122,111,,,52,65,,,:;27:,,136,,,,:;5:132,,,,142:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

The opponent put Guri, Fenn and Outer Rim Pioneer down. It went well mainly because he decided to joust. Hera was out for a few turns after the first pass that took out Fenn and the pod. Guri danced around Dutch but once the killbox was set back up, range 0 shot from Hera, range one from Wedge and a torp ended the game. I'm not sure how I would fare against an opponent going for the flanks. I will definitely put it back on the table again.

I was looking at a three ship list with Hera the other day. It was Lando with Nien, Hera with Leia, Dorsal Turret, and VTG, and a naked AP-05. 

Hera gives a free coordinate before moving and Lando gives a super coordinate with his ability. Can either give Lando 3 actions or split it to two actions each for both ships.