Sign in to follow this  
rawbean

Worlds article - dates, details & Epic mentioned!

I was really excited when I scrolled to the spot and saw that they were going to showcase Epic, but then saddened when I scrolled back up and realized it would be October. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but since I'm not familiar with these events, I thought it might be news we were going to get soon instead of some time in the future, which is what I had expected. Confirmation is nice though.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

What do you think the Wedge/Luke/Biggs torp versus Vader Mini Swarm meta from early 2.0 was?

So, they actually navigated a trench and fired proton torpedoes at a target only 0.007 meters wide??

Edited by Darth Meanie

3 hours ago, Jokubas said:

I was really excited when I scrolled to the spot and saw that they were going to showcase Epic, but then saddened when I scrolled back up and realized it would be October. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but since I'm not familiar with these events, I thought it might be news we were going to get soon instead of some time in the future, which is what I had expected. Confirmation is nice though.

We most definitely will be getting news before October, all we've been told is the latest when we'll get the news since Coruscant players need the info to even play. I'm guessing GenCon still. 

1 hour ago, MegaSilver said:

We most definitely will be getting news before October, all we've been told is the latest when we'll get the news since Coruscant players need the info to even play. I'm guessing GenCon still. 

We'll definitely be getting news on it soon. It has to be released not long after GenCon if people are going to be entering an event with it in October.

38 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

We'll definitely be getting news on it soon. It has to be released not long after GenCon if people are going to be entering an event with it in October.

Generally speaking, the early-at-an-event thing is accomplished by shelling out the cash for air freight. So the full release is in transport at the same time, just the old fashioned way.

9 hours ago, Jokubas said:

Sorry to get your hopes up. Personally I was trying to moderate my expectations and prepare for the possibility of no Epic until well into 2020, so this had me hugely excited.

Worth pointing out that all signs point to a brand new version of the game that just happens to share a name with old school double points, huge ship, first edition.  This is not the return of old school epic but the debut of something completely different.

26 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Worth pointing out that all signs point to a brand new version of the game that just happens to share a name with old school double points, huge ship, first edition.  This is not the return of old school epic but the debut of something completely different.

Yes, however the signs point to something much much better. Huge ships, missions/objective potential, etc.

I would rather have narrative, campaign, etc for “epic” than old school epic.

13 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

After the harvest??

But that's a whole 'nother season!!

I don't know why this hit my funny bone so much, but I LOL'd at this. I never type LOL by the way. But in this case, I will. I think it is because I can actually hear the pained inflection of a young non-awesome-but-one-day-will-be Mark Hamill's voice in my head.