Sign in to follow this  
RebelRogue

Epic by October?

We got our first hint of Epic with the announcement of the range ruler than went to range 5.

Let's take a similar hint for timing, shall we?

Notice this one little clause in the announcement for Worlds:

Running alongside the Last Chance Qualifier on Wednesday is the 2019 Coruscant Invitational, a team event featuring the winners of the System Open Series. This is a multi-round event that will feature every faction in the game, as well as the new Epic Play for the second edition of X-Wing. This is sure to be an event full of twists and turns, topped off with a grand finale that only a game like X-Wing could provide.

It seems to me that, at the very least, there will be some sort of rule set available by October.

I'll indulge in a little bit of hope...after all, I am mostly a Rebel player.

The hopeful side of me thinks we should at least see the Epic Battles pack by October, if not the huge ships themselves. But maybe all we'll get is a simple rules set about how to play big battles with multiple people. Which would still be cool, but I just want those new products!

On 5/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, Forgottenlore said:

Sounds like a GenCon announcement 

Epic was teased at Celebration. So, do we get the full announcement at the FFG Inflight Report at GenCon for a 3rd or 4th QTR release or...

Do we get an article in the next few weeks with the announcement for a Sept release but with a GenCon early release like they did with 2.0?

Edited by drail14me