5 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

Do you?

Then, give that mini a number of wound tokens equal to one less than the wound threshold indicated on its unit card.   

Doesn't that mean you're restoring the wookie with 1 health still?

No you're right. I had to reread the treat entry.

12 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

Do you?

Then, give that mini a number of wound tokens equal to one less than the wound threshold indicated on its unit card.   

Doesn't that mean you're restoring the wookie with 1 health still?

You're right, I misread it as the mini has 2 wounds left to give. 

35 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It's power level was kind of out of line with the Rebel equivalent, especially since you can spend Aim tokens to re-roll zero dice, while the Rebel card is only ever 1 Dodge token. 
Plus, the Empire has access to Pulling the Strings, which even with the new card wording allows the Empire to pass more aim tokens around. 

The Rebel 1 pip is disproportionately better than the Imperial 1 pip, and considering a single action free dodge (shoot to gain dodge) is better than a two action-free aim token (aim and shoot to gain aim), I'm really disappointed.  I can understand limiting the number of aims passed along, but not with the limit being 1. 

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

The Rebel 1 pip is disproportionately better than the Imperial 1 pip, and considering a single action free dodge (shoot to gain dodge) is better than a two action-free aim token (aim and shoot to gain aim), I'm really disappointed.  I can understand limiting the number of aims passed along, but not with the limit being 1. 

I will point out that the Empire has a few ways to get Aim tokens without using one of those  action (Officers, Veers, Shoretrooper's Target). I find the relative strengths of the one pips debatable, I've whiffed with the Rebel 1 Pip on more than one occasion, because we both really want to go first that turn. Given that the Command hand is secret information, so long as your opponent isn't running just generic officers, you now KNOW two of their cards. Still has a chance to whiff of course. 

I do agree limiting to 1 aim might have been a bit too far the other way though. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

The difference is that the player gaining the aim token gets to decide when or if the aim token is used. Meaning you get an immediate and active benefit from the Command card.

A dodge token can only be used when or if your opponent decides to attack the unit with the dodge. If your opponent doesn’t attack that unit, that dodge token is not used and amounts to no benefit. Meaning this ability is passive and as such doesn’t see an immediate benefit, if any.

By nature, active abilities are stronger and may require further rules to make them equal and opposite.

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Creature Troopers on Huge bases? Rancor riders confirmed 😛

OR any creature from Naboo used by Gungan... those shield generator monsters would be great... 😊😊

1 hour ago, Prokins said:

I'm a little confused by this entry.  If I activate Luke and perform TWO move actions with him, he still only gets to use his Jump card action ONCE, correct?  This update is just letting me know if another affect grants Luke a move action, he could use the Jump card action?

I always thought you could use the Jump action twice since it is considered a move action. I would think this wording "Jump X ability can be used any time a unit would perform a move action" would confirm that.

Dodge tokens can also be a deterrent. No point in throwing 4 dice at a squad behind heavy cover and a dodge token. I'll move on to something else. 

Also, dodge tokens before running into a mine or bomb seems pretty good too. 

22 minutes ago, Weikel said:

I always thought you could use the Jump action twice since it is considered a move action. I would think this wording "Jump X ability can be used any time a unit would perform a move action" would confirm that.

It’s a card action (hence the arrow next to it) so it can only be used once. A jump is not a move, it just effects the characteristics of your move. 

I took away two things:

They full-on Manaroo'd Coordinated Fire (turned a card that was too good into hot garbage). Maybe they were anticipating it being a problem with mortars? I vanilla 3 pip instead because flexibility > a single aim token.

Number two:
They really, really want the B1s to bunch up... Why else take an axe to Comms Relay?

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It's power level was kind of out of line with the Rebel equivalent, especially since you can spend Aim tokens to re-roll zero dice, while the Rebel card is only ever 1 Dodge token. 
Plus, the Empire has access to Pulling the Strings, which even with the new card wording allows the Empire to pass more aim tokens around. 

I'll bet this was more in line with what they had intended all along.

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I took away two things:

They full-on Manaroo'd Coordinated Fire (turned a card that was too good into hot garbage). Maybe they were anticipating it being a problem with mortars? I vanilla 3 pip instead because flexibility > a single aim token.

Number two:
They really, really want the B1s to bunch up... Why else take an axe to Comms Relay?

What did they do to Comms Relay?

3 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I will point out that the Empire has a few ways to get Aim tokens without using one of those  action (Officers, Veers, Shoretrooper's Target). I find the relative strengths of the one pips debatable, I've whiffed with the Rebel 1 Pip on more than one occasion, because we both really want to go first that turn. Given that the Command hand is secret information, so long as your opponent isn't running just generic officers, you now KNOW two of their cards. Still has a chance to whiff of course. 

I do agree limiting to 1 aim might have been a bit too far the other way though. 

All of those take a second action (besides Shoretroopers, I guess) besides the attack action.  Rebels also often have nimble, making their individual dodge tokens more valuable than individual aim tokens.  I've never once thought that the Imperial 1 pip was useful; it's worthless if your opponent is running a single commander, and only occasionally useful when they run multiple.  

3 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

The difference is that the player gaining the aim token gets to decide when or if the aim token is used. Meaning you get an immediate and active benefit from the Command card.

A dodge token can only be used when or if your opponent decides to attack the unit with the dodge. If your opponent doesn’t attack that unit, that dodge token is not used and amounts to no benefit. Meaning this ability is passive and as such doesn’t see an immediate benefit, if any.

By nature, active abilities are stronger and may require further rules to make them equal and opposite.

As crx3800 said, dodge tokens also tend to act as a deterrent.  Being able to hand one out as an extra benefit of making an attack, with no further action required on your part, is far stronger than the active vs inactive element of the tokens, especially when paired with nimble.  Against the massive aim token stack that was possible before, I can see your argument, but 1 on 1, it's now flipped the power ratio. 

A new day and new rules brings a ray of sunshine into my life that my interpretation of coordinated fire was correct.

6 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Doesn't play nice with Coordinate anymore. You'll need to invest in Long-Range Comms or Uplink instead...

comms relay just allows you to change a order token from one unit to another, so with coordinate fire it gives 3 corps unit orders, with comms relay you give 3 other units a token provide they each have comms relay. the effect coordinate fire still is in play.

6 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

It’s a card action (hence the arrow next to it) so it can only be used once. A jump is not a move, it just effects the characteristics of your move. 

Actually, I think it is both a card action and a move action. The description of Jump says it should be treated as a move action. And the new verbiage says Jump can be used any time you would perform a move action. I would agree that normally a card action can only be used once per activation but that Jump would be the exception since it is treated as a move action.