Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My takeaway:

1. Ion is getting buffed against shields, which is great since Dekas will be a common sight at least during the early Clone Wars release.

2. Ram is dope since it can change a blank face to a crit.

3. Droids can't be poisoned, which makes sense.

4. Coordinate fire got nerfed. It was probably for the best since it could lead to an apocalyptic situation for the opponent under the right conditions.

5. I'm still not sure if it's worth it, but it seems like Wookies will now be brought back with 2 HP instead of 1.

Other than that it was mostly clarification for how rules interact, mostly for creature troopers and detachments.

Edited by thepopemobile100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little disappointed they didnt say anything about the abilities of either droid or clone trooper units except that droids can't get poisoned...that Ram keyword though...so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In other news, looks like they made some clarifications on other rules  (for instance, shored up the "multiple weapons in different attack pools without Arsenal X" loophole), and marked Crew and Armament upgrades as weapon upgrades. 

Edit: And wheeled vehicles are quite possible. Rebel Tanks? I guess some of the GAR/CIS vehicles are also wheeled. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

empire command card got "nerfed" by limiting the amount of aim tokens you can now pass

12 minutes ago, bllaw said:

A little disappointed they didnt say anything about the abilities of either droid or clone trooper units except that droids can't get poisoned...that Ram keyword though...so good

the coordinate fire is one of the abilities of the clone troopers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bllaw said:

A little disappointed they didnt say anything about the abilities of either droid or clone trooper units except that droids can't get poisoned...that Ram keyword though...so good

FFG will likely do ANOTHER update prior to the drop of CW. This update is to cover up through Rebel Veterans/Tauntauns/Dewbacks/Shoretroopers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

My takeaway:

1. Ion is getting buffed against shields, which is great since Dekas will be a common sight at least during the early Clone Wars release.

2. Ram is dope since it can change a blank face to a crit.

3. Droids can't be poisoned, which makes sense.

4. Coordinate fire got nerfed. It was probably for the best since it could lead to an apocalyptic situation for the opponent under the right conditions.

5. I'm still not sure if it's worth it, but it seems like Wookies will now be brought back with 2 HP instead of 1.

Other than that it was mostly clarification for how rules interact, mostly for creature troopers and detachments.

I don't think that's the case, as there's still the part in there about restoring a mini to one less than the wound threshold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can still read, right?  Will this go into effect the day before it's released?

From the bottom of the announcement:

Quote

Every product that has been released through the upcoming Imperial Shoretroopers and Dewback Rider Unit Expansions are supported by this update. All changes will formally go into effect on May 27th, 2019.

It's also on the pdf.

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

My takeaway:

1. Ion is getting buffed against shields, which is great since Dekas will be a common sight at least during the early Clone Wars release.

2. Ram is dope since it can change a blank face to a crit.

3. Droids can't be poisoned, which makes sense.

4. Coordinate fire got nerfed. It was probably for the best since it could lead to an apocalyptic situation for the opponent under the right conditions.

5. I'm still not sure if it's worth it, but it seems like Wookies will now be brought back with 2 HP instead of 1.

Other than that it was mostly clarification for how rules interact, mostly for creature troopers and detachments.

just saw this and realized that there isn't a coordinate fire in this just coordinate right now lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

Wow, they really dropped the hammer on Coordinated Fire.  That's really disappointing.  It never seemed to work out that well for me, but this is just kinda lame. 

its not coordinate fire, its coordinate a different ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

its not coordinate fire, its coordinate a different ability.

the coordinated fire card under the eratta section. the command card got nerfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Wow, they really dropped the hammer on Coordinated Fire.  That's really disappointing.  It never seemed to work out that well for me, but this is just kinda lame. 

It's power level was kind of out of line with the Rebel equivalent, especially since you can spend Aim tokens to re-roll zero dice, while the Rebel card is only ever 1 Dodge token. 
Plus, the Empire has access to Pulling the Strings, which even with the new card wording allows the Empire to pass more aim tokens around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, edmund_pevensie said:

I stand corrected :)

 

Do you?

Then, give that mini a number of wound tokens equal to one less than the wound threshold indicated on its unit card.   

Doesn't that mean you're restoring the wookie with 1 health still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The jump x ability can be used any time a unit would
perform a move action or free move action, including while
using the dauntless keyword or when a friendly unit uses
the pulling the strings ablity.

I'm a little confused by this entry.  If I activate Luke and perform TWO move actions with him, he still only gets to use his Jump card action ONCE, correct?  This update is just letting me know if another affect grants Luke a move action, he could use the Jump card action?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Creature Troopers on Huge bases? Rancor riders confirmed 😛

It's probably Obi-Wan on that giant lizard thing.

Witches of Dathomir are actually the reason I stopped following the canon, though it wasn't called "canon" at the time. An unridden rancor I'd buy the **** out of though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prokins said:

I'm a little confused by this entry.  If I activate Luke and perform TWO move actions with him, he still only gets to use his Jump card action ONCE, correct?  This update is just letting me know if another affect grants Luke a move action, he could use the Jump card action?

 

correct and also latter on it talks about when a unit is withdrawing/panicing to the edge of the field it can still use the jump ability to move to the edge faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...