Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DakkaDakka12

Tear my bad Ideas up!

Recommended Posts

Brand new to Armada, having played 1 game with the starter set, but purchased a few ships I liked the look of.

I own the starter set, Assault Frigate, and Pelta command ship, and cards are not a worry atm as I will use a list builder to "feel out" a few lists before making any more purchases.

 

Based on the stuff I have, a friend and I decided to go with 325 point lists.

Here's what I came up with.


 

Name: Test Fleet 1
Faction: Rebel
Commander: Admiral Raddus

Assault: 
Defense: 
Navigation:

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• Admiral Raddus (26)
• Ray Antilles (7)
• Shields to Maximum! (6)
• Phoenix Home (3)
• Ahsoka Tano (2)
= 104 Points

CR90 Corvette B (39)
• Lando Calrissian (4)
• Redundant Shields (8)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Dodonna's Pride (6)
= 61 Points

Assault Frigate Mk2 B (72)
• Caitken and Shollan (6)
• Rapid Launch Bays (6)
• Enhanced Armament (10)
= 94 Points

Squadrons:
• Luke Skywalker (20)
• Rogue Squadron (14)
• Wedge Antilles (19)
• X-wing Squadron (13)
= 66 Points

Total Points: 325

 

 

 

Thoughts were along the idea of using my Pelta with the combination of officers and title to almost endlessly use shields to maximum, as well as potentially using Ahsoka to fix any mistakes I make on other ships near the Pelta.

 

Cr-90 OR Pelta get reasonably close to an enemy ship to drop the Assault Frigate via Raddus, which will launch Luke, Wedge, and either the Rogue or generic(not sure which yet) at range 1 putting them in range of my Assault Frigate's target. 
-Combined firepower of Assault Frigate+Unique X-wings doing bombing runs=crippled enemy capital ship?


 

 

Anything in this list that seems good or bad please let me know, I am very new to Armada, and have very limited resources atm( I wish I had more squadrons)

 

Your Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, congratulations!  This is pretty good for a first build.

I wouldn’t recommend Raddus until you have something worth dropping with him.  Unlike defensively built large bases, an Assault Frigate in RLB range of an ISD potentially equals a dead Assault Frigate before it gets to drop the squads off and shoot.

There is no such thing as a tanky CR90B.  They function most effectively at ranges where they live or get eaten in 1-2 bites, regardless of grabbing a shield in the middle.  (TFA Hammerheads, on the other hand...)

Given what you’re fielding, I would look at Ackbar.  He makes the AF pretty fierce, the CR90 can become a CR90A (great with Ackbar,) and the Pelta can bring Intensity Firepower! to fix everybody’s rolls (while throwing 3 reds out the side.)  This could be paid for by dropping all the upgrades off the CR90B for just Jaina’s Light.  Intel Officer on the Assault frigate (which with RLB still has a fun surprise when something tries to get too close,) DCaps on the Pelta if you have space.

Objective wise, Advanced Gunnery is great for the AF, Fire Lanes is good, maybe Intel Sweep for the Pelta?  Just my two cents.  Good luck, hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@The JabbawookieThank you for your post. 

 

The next game said friend and I play will likely just be a basic kill game as objectives can complicate things.

 

What does RLB stand for? Still not quite used to armada acronyms.

 

In your suggestion am I keeping the pelta build the same other than swapping the commander and fleet command, or were you suggesting dropping the pair of officers and title.

 

Thanks for your thoughts on the cr-90, after the starter set game we played, it felt durable because i was never in my opponents’ front arc. 

The cr90b with 

-Leading Shots

-Dodonna’s Pride

Does this setup cause a auto crit on average like I thought or am I off somewhere?

 

Also I do still have a Nebulon B from the starter, I just wasn’t sure if it was worth it to shove all the ships in and go lean on upgrades.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DakkaDakka12 said:

@The JabbawookieThank you for your post. 

 

The next game said friend and I play will likely just be a basic kill game as objectives can complicate things.

 

What does RLB stand for? Still not quite used to armada acronyms.

 

In your suggestion am I keeping the pelta build the same other than swapping the commander and fleet command, or were you suggesting dropping the pair of officers and title.

 

Thanks for your thoughts on the cr-90, after the starter set game we played, it felt durable because i was never in my opponents’ front arc. 

The cr90b with 

-Leading Shots

-Dodonna’s Pride

Does this setup cause a auto crit on average like I thought or am I off somewhere?

 

Also I do still have a Nebulon B from the starter, I just wasn’t sure if it was worth it to shove all the ships in and go lean on upgrades.

RLB is Rapid Launch Bays.

You could go either way.  Ahsoka is honestly pretty nice, but you could lose the title and move her to the CR90/drop her if you need to free up points.

Which is how you want things to be, for sure.  That said, the VSD is the single least maneuverable ship in the game; in part it's about how well you know your opponent (Does he realize nav commands are amazing yet?  How good is his deployment planning?), and I can't help you there.  That build is, as you say, highly likely to result in a crit; crits can be pretty nice.  Especially under Dodonna.

Nebulons without titles are pretty fringe, and definitely not a forgiving ship to fly.  I would not recommend them without Salvation or Yavaris, and they still need the right fleet to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend going learner on upgrades so you can include the Nebulon-B:

Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Dodonna

Assault Frigate Mk2 B (72)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
= 77 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• General Dodonna (20)
= 80 Points

Nebulon-B Escort Frigate (57)
• Redemption (8)
= 65 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 44 Points

Squadrons:
• Luke Skywalker (20)
• 3 x X-wing Squadron (39)
= 59 Points

Total Points: 325

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Perhaps something like this? Nice and easy, you want to swap the assault frigates blues out for more reds and use it as your main attack craft. Dodonna's pride wants to swap out a red for a blue and use TRC's to auto get its long range critical effect. Salvation wants to swap to black dice to better trigger Salvations ability. Leia gives you a little flexibility on the corvette and your fleet, as it allows you to get whatever command you want one of your ships (provided it activates first).

Sato starters 
Author: Alpharius

Faction: Rebel Alliance
Points: 324/325  

Commander: Commander Sato

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Intel Sweep

 

[ flagship ] Assault Frigate Mark II A (81 points)
-  Commander Sato  ( 32  points) 
-  Toryn Farr  ( 7  points) 
-  Caitken and Shollan  ( 6  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points) 
-  Quad Battery Turrets  ( 5  points) 

- Disposable capacitators (3 points)
= 141 total ship cost

 

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)

- Princess Leia (3 points)
-  Dodonnas Pride  ( 6  points) 
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
60 total ship cost

 

Nebulon-B Support Refit (51 points)
 Salvation  ( 7  points) 
-  Skilled First Officer  ( 1  points) 
-  Quad Battery Turrets  ( 5  points) 
= 64 total ship cost

 

1 Luke Skywalker ( 20 points) 
X-Wing Squadrons ( 39 points) 
59 total squadron cost

Edited by Alpharius18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pelta works great as a Shield battery, especially in a Leia list and with Ray Antilles and Projection Experts.  So if that's what you're wanting the Pelta to do, you can maximize it better (not necessarily needing the Leia CDR, but she just adds oomph).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, Admiral Theia said:

The Pelta works great as a Shield battery, especially in a Leia list and with Ray Antilles and Projection Experts.  So if that's what you're wanting the Pelta to do, you can maximize it better (not necessarily needing the Leia CDR, but she just adds oomph).

Isn't that the same effectiveness as running the pelta with title + ray antilles and ahsoka?

-choose any command for your pelta,

-ray gives a matching token,

-ahsoka changes that token into a engineering token

resulting in pelta doing whatever action it wants, and still having the token needed for it's fleet command. Total cost 12 points+ fleet command(6)

 

I may not be understanding leia correctly, but how is leia different? she just seems more restrictive and expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Isn't that the same effectiveness as running the pelta with title + ray antilles and ahsoka?

-choose any command for your pelta,

-ray gives a matching token,

-ahsoka changes that token into a engineering token

resulting in pelta doing whatever action it wants, and still having the token needed for it's fleet command. Total cost 12 points+ fleet command(6)

 

I may not be understanding leia correctly, but how is leia different? she just seems more restrictive and expensive.

Leia gives you the token effect without spending the token, so you can still use it to power your fleet command.  I like to do this:

Commander Leia Organa

Pelta Command:
Ray Antilles
Shields to Maximum
Projection Experts

ENG command for the free token, use the 6 ENG points to transfer two shields to a damaged bigger ship and repair the two shields you transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Admiral Theia said:

Leia gives you the token effect without spending the token, so you can still use it to power your fleet command.  I like to do this:

Commander Leia Organa

Pelta Command:
Ray Antilles
Shields to Maximum
Projection Experts

ENG command for the free token, use the 6 ENG points to transfer two shields to a damaged bigger ship and repair the two shields you transfer.

Ok so that results in making the pelta a shield transfer ship in addition to the shield command.

I am just worried about making the pelta a pure shield transfer ship considering it is my 2nd most potent ship for offense after the assault frigate.

The previous build I was planning on having the pelta NEVER use an engineering action, yet still activate "Shields to Maximum"

 

Is it better to just focus the Pelta on defense and rely on the cr-90/neb and assault frigate for pushing extra damage with firepower and squadron commands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Ok so that results in making the pelta a shield transfer ship in addition to the shield command.

I am just worried about making the pelta a pure shield transfer ship considering it is my 2nd most potent ship for offense after the assault frigate.

The previous build I was planning on having the pelta NEVER use an engineering action, yet still activate "Shields to Maximum"

 

Is it better to just focus the Pelta on defense and rely on the cr-90/neb and assault frigate for pushing extra damage with firepower and squadron commands?

I think that is strictly a personal style kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another consideration is attrition versus burst damage.  The Pelta can be built tanky, but it had better not be your only fortress or an Avenger Kuat (even a lucky Dominator, if we're just talking core set ships) can kill it in one shot before it regenerates anything.  I like the build when it's supporting an HMC80 or MC75, which can really weather storms with help.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...