Sign in to follow this  
Flyingbrick

Blount's Beef

i was debating between the following 2 lists as to which one might work better or not?

List one has:

Lt. Blount: predator

2x Gold squadron Y-wings: Dorsal turret, Veteran turret gunner.

2x Blade squadron B-wings.

List 2 has: 

4x Gold squadron Y-wings: Dorsal turret, vtg.

I was thinking that on the first list that since both lists have the same health that having the b-wings would help for ships that get past the y-wings at the price of potentially 2 attack dice. 

The second list was just hey lets let the red dice do the work and if an opponent survives to get in the rear that it will have to figure it  when the time comes.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all thoughts and input everyone. 

this is an interesting list, i'll have to give it a spin, since i bought a Z 95 i've never used it once, but i'm a big fan of b wings and Y wings from a fluff point of view

Posted (edited)

Yeah it was a play on words as to why I named it this. Partly because of rebel beef being popular. And like you i never used my single headhunter.  So i figured that i would see how it might fit into a list.  Lt.  Blount seemed to be a natural fit so here is what was created.

Edited by Flyingbrick

We're playing a league where if you lose a named pilot they're out for 2 matches so having 4 generics appeals to me greatly, I'll give the Blount list a try and let you know how it goes!

On 5/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Flyingbrick said:

After flying against him a couple of times, I can state unequivocally: yes he is. 

(Oh and that’s a reasonable upgrade on him, too.)

I bet list 1 works in part because of the different flight patterns and engagement approaches between the Ys and Bs. Blount is an animal, but he needs people to be close enough to the enemy to proc his ability—which is probably more the Bs’ ballgame.

I have been playing a couple of game with my first list verses Drea's swarm. And it seems to be a fairly even match up given the way both lists are built and operate. Also, it does ok with aces type lists that have maneuverability on their side. But it is why i a=have the b wings in there to help Blount to hopefully be in position to at least fire on an ace and at best kill them. 

For sure i will have to play more with this list in order to know more on how it works with all the different types of lists out there.