KingOfOdonata

Age of Ascension is upon us in Louisville, KY and Southern IN 05/27/2019

10 minutes ago, Simplegarak said:

I plan on definitely being at the TTD sunday tournament but I could be delayed getting there.

Registration starts at 1:00 PM, tournament will not start until 2:00 PM. Just let us know if you are running late or anything.

So some of us picked up decks at Heroes to support the store for letting us hang out.

So far AoA is... interesting. I think the power level has definitely been turned down and you will have to think outside the box from normal.

Here's the deck I got: https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/03622ed5-b8e4-43ea-813f-f02f002fa26e

3 of my untamed are "alpha" meaning they could clog my hand at the wrong time. I got Drummernaut right after the errata... and my deck has ONE other giant creature in it.

There are a lot of fun interactions when it comes to elusive now as well. Sunday is going to play very very interesting.

30 minutes ago, Simplegarak said:

So far AoA is... interesting. I think the power level has definitely been turned down and you will have to think outside the box from normal.

I really like the cards that disrupt reaping. It can really throw a monkey wrench into the strategy of just reaping as long as your opponent doesn't have a creature that will devastate your gameplay.

32 minutes ago, Simplegarak said:

There are a lot of fun interactions when it comes to elusive now as well. Sunday is going to play very very interesting.

I've found that sometimes Elusive actually worked against some of my creatures with examples being Collector Worm and Groke with Into the Fray.

42 minutes ago, Simplegarak said:

So some of us picked up decks at Heroes to support the store for letting us hang out.

Here's the deck I got: https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/03622ed5-b8e4-43ea-813f-f02f002fa26e

3 of my untamed are "alpha" meaning they could clog my hand at the wrong time. I got Drummernaut right after the errata... and my deck has ONE other giant creature in it.

Yeah, I don't get out to Heroes often, so I'm glad someone picked up some decks there.

I think AoA may produce some of the most fun games of Keyforge due to it's turned down nature. But then I worry how well it will integrate with Call of the Archons, as its power level seems even higher.

As for Alpha and Omega, it's interesting. It's sort of like they added Chains to the cards if you want to spread them out over multiple turns if they overlap. But I think it is a brilliant mechanic to balance cards. I would have loved to see it added to a bunch of CoA cards.

This was the deck I picked out of my three to play at the CBW release event: https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/411bd66f-d040-4fdf-966b-ede5b7613476

It's a really obvious control deck. Favorite new card in that deck was Sucker Punch. It was really interesting how often Alpha and Omega affected my turns though.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, barabelsftw said:

I've found that sometimes Elusive actually worked against some of my creatures with examples being Collector Worm and Groke with Into the Fray.

Wait, what do you mean? Collector Worm is exactly one of the examples I was thinking of as you swing at the elusive creature - no damage, archive it.  Your worm has lost no armor. It's totally win-win for you.

3 hours ago, KingOfOdonata said:

Yeah, I don't get out to Heroes often, so I'm glad someone picked up some decks there.

I think AoA may produce some of the most fun games of Keyforge due to it's turned down nature. But then I worry how well it will integrate with Call of the Archons, as its power level seems even higher.

As for Alpha and Omega, it's interesting. It's sort of like they added Chains to the cards if you want to spread them out over multiple turns if they overlap. But I think it is a brilliant mechanic to balance cards. I would have loved to see it added to a bunch of CoA cards.

This was the deck I picked out of my three to play at the CBW release event: https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/411bd66f-d040-4fdf-966b-ede5b7613476

It's a really obvious control deck. Favorite new card in that deck was Sucker Punch. It was really interesting how often Alpha and Omega affected my turns though.

Something I meant to ask about the 3 deck thing for Sunday. Do we pick 1 of our decks and the other 2 go into a pool for the winnings? Or we keep all 3 decks?

Now looking at your deck... gold key imp is interesting... I guess that's this set's version of the "master of..." cards?

Edited by Simplegarak

6 minutes ago, Simplegarak said:

Something I meant to ask about the 3 deck thing for Sunday. Do we pick 1 of our decks and the other 2 go into a pool for the winnings? Or we keep all 3 decks?

Keep all 3. Two fresh decks are added to the prize pool.

2 hours ago, Simplegarak said:

Wait, what do you mean? Collector Worm is exactly one of the examples I was thinking of as you swing at the elusive creature - no damage, archive it.  Your worm has lost no armor. It's totally win-win for you.

Right! I thought I had some good defense with my elusive creatures and then that hit the board. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 4:54 PM, barabelsftw said:

Right! I thought I had some good defense with my elusive creatures and then that hit the board. 

Gotcha! You meant backwards from the way I had read it. My bad. 

It was a fun time this weekend.

Edited by Simplegarak