Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Calkins

1200-point 2v2 Sector Fleet (Vader and Tarkin vs. Leia and Mothma)

Three other players in Cochise Squadron and myself recently played a 1200-point Sector Fleet game to try out the new format.  I played of the Rebels side with Leia Organa as my commander, with my teammate choosing Mon Mothma.  Below are our lists:

Commander: Mon Mothma

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Dangerous Territory

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Mon Mothma (30)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
• Jaina's Light (2)
= 91 Points

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• Major Derlin (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
• Foresight (8)
= 97 Points

• Walex Blissex (5)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
• Admonition (8)
= 95 Points

• Lando Calrissian (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
= 86 Points

Pelta Assault Ship (56)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• External Racks (3)
= 73 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Engine Techs (8)
= 59 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 51 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Slicer Tools (7)
• Quantum Storm (1)
= 26 Points

• Comms Net (2)
= 20 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 598

----------

Commander: Leia Organa

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Dangerous Territory

Pelta Assault Ship (56)
• Leia Organa (38)
• Ray Antilles (7)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Shields to Maximum! (6)
• External Racks (3)
= 116 Points

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Early Warning System (7)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Home One (7)
= 154 Points

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• General Draven (3)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Defiance (5)
= 151 Points

• Toryn Farr (7)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 27 Points

• Boosted Comms (4)
= 22 Points

Squadrons:
• 8 x YT-2400 (128)
= 128 Points

My list was designed to tank Imperial ISDs while the MC30s came in and finished them off.  I changed from taking Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet and Engineering Team to Home One and Projection Experts to aide to the other ships around the MC80s, especially if our opponent choose to focus on one or ignore them both.

----------

Our opponents chose Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin as their commanders.  Below are their lists:

Commander: Darth Vader

Assault:
Defense:
Navigation:

ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
• Darth Vader (36)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Spinal Armament (9)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
= 176 Points

ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
• Wulff Yularen (7)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
• Spinal Armament (9)
= 149 Points

Victory I (73)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
= 80 Points

Victory I (73)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
= 80 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Comms Net (2)
= 30 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Comms Net (2)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• 6 x TIE Fighter Squadron (48)
= 48 Points

Total Points: 593

----------

Name: Peter Sector Fleet
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Grand Moff Tarkin

Assault: Close-Range Intel Scan
Defense: Fighter Ambush
Navigation: Solar Corona

Victory II (85)
• Grand Moff Tarkin (38)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Corrupter (5)
= 161 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
= 67 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
= 67 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
= 61 Points

= 61 Points

= 61 Points

Squadrons:
• Captain Jonus (16)
• Major Rhymer (16)
• 2 x TIE Bomber Squadron (18)
• 2 x TIE Interceptor Squadron (22)
• 3 x TIE Defender Squadron (48)
= 120 Points

Our opponents apparently didn't discuss strategy that much before hand, but it eventually came down to pointing the triangles straight at the MC80s and move forward.

----------

7COlETm.jpg

The Imperials had initiative, picked to go first, and chose our Contested Outpost Objective.  This was good because I was already planning to just tank with my MC80s, so might as well be doing it around the station for victory tokens.  I set my entire fleet in the center while my teammate chose the side best to take out the Arquitens conga line before it got to me.  Tarkin's Victory-II flagship was well out of the way to play a significant role, which was great because the MC80s were already going to be taking shots from a Cymoon and two Victory-Is.

Round 1: Everyone cautiously moves forward at speed two.  No engagement.  Rebels get a victory token from the objective.

ujGf0i0.jpg

Round 2 :  My GR75s activate six YT-2400s, which pouch on and kill some TIE Fighters that were left alone as well as start to damage the front of one of the Victory-Is.  My MC80s move onto the station and get ready to receive incoming fire (Shields to Maximum, Projection Experts, and Leia-infused Repair dials keep them at full health).  Because of Defiance's Early Warning System, Tarkin's bombers go to Defiance's stern and against some of the YT-2400s, getting serious flak from the GR75s.  The Cymoon and Victory-Is move in to overwhelm Defiance's defenses, with one of the Victory-Is blocking it from moving forward.  The first casualty comes in the form of an Arquitens that is taken down by Home One.  A CR90A is also taken out by Vader's flagship.  Rebels get a victory token from the objective.

dYTj6lB.jpg

Round 3:  This was the bloodbath round.  After getting pummeled by the two Victory-Is with External Racks and the Cymoon, Defiance eventually goes down, but it takes one of the Gladiators down with it.  The Cymoon also takes out Bright Hope (and Toryn Farr).  Admonition and the unnamed MC30 both get destroyed by Vader's flagship, while Foresight retaliates and destroys one of the Arquitens.  The Pelta also finishes off the remaining Gladiator by ramming it a second time with Engine Techs.  The YT-2400s are all still alive, slowly taking down the rest of the TIE Fighters and some TIE  Interceptors.  Imperials get a victory token from the objective.

534BUe5.jpg

Round 4:  Tarkin's flagship finally gets in the fight and destroys a GR75 with its disposable capacitors.  With the support of some YT-2400s, Home One pushes forward, taking down a Victory-I and the remaining Arquitens.  The Cymoon also manages to destroy the Pelta, Leia's flagship.  Vader's flagship also manages to take out another CR90A and a GR75.  While not destroying anything outright, Foresight leaps into the fray, engaging the Victory-Is.  Things are not looking good for the rebellion.  Imperials get a victory token from the objective.

9qaEn6F.jpg

After playing for almost seven hours, we called it at the start of Round 5.  Home One was caught between two Cymoons, Foresight was on minimal shields coming up to two Victory Star Destroyers and a lot of Imperial bombers.  Mon Mothma's CR90A flagship was in medium range of a Cymoon front arc and another's long range front arc.  Given that it looked like only our Pelta, a GR75, and the majority of my YT-2400s would escape, we decided to end the game.

Thoughts: Sector Fleet is extremely fun, but tiring (at least at 1200 points).  All four of us were thoroughly exhausted after finishing.  I highly recommend making sure that you not only give yourself enough time to get in the full game, but to try to keep the pace going as much as possible so as to not make the game drag on.  Since it is a team game (at least 2v2 or 3v3), I would highly recommend talking with your teammates about lists that compliment one another (you should be doing this anyways so you don't double up on uniques) as well as basic strategy for deployment and maneuver.  While you are certainly going to be ramming your opponent's ships due to the number of ships on the board, you definitely don't want to be ramming your teammates ships or your own due to poor planning.  Lastly, given the number of ships and the prevalence of flak, squadrons did not seem to play a very important role in this game.  Maybe they came in too late, maybe there was a lack of massing fire, or maybe even the reduction in their max percentage in a list (33% to 25%), but their role seemed to be limited much more than was expected in a game this size.

Hope you enjoyed the BATREP and I'll be posting more of these in the future!