I'm prepping for a hyperspace trial, and wondered if this was a decent list. I'm trying not to be too douchey with a full-on rebel beef.

RZ-1 A-wing - Phoenix Squadron Pilot - 39

Phoenix Squadron Pilot - (30)

Intimidation (3)

Concussion Missiles (6)

UT-60D U-wing - •Benthic Two Tubes - 55

•Benthic Two Tubes - Cavern Angels Marksman (47)

Perceptive Copilot (8)

Pivot Wing (Open) (0)

UT-60D U-wing - •Saw Gerrera - 54

•Saw Gerrera - Obsessive Outlaw (52)

•Leia Organa (2)

Pivot Wing (Open) (0)

T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 52

•Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52)

Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

The plan is to use the U wings as the jousters of the list, with wedge and the A wing flanking. I'll try to make an asteroid field and knife fight, then throw the Phoenix into the fray after firing a concussion or two, hopefully using them early to avoid collateral damage on the U wings. Wedge will stay outside and occasionally join the dogfight or chase ships trying to disengage.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking about this list and wondered if evaan verlaine + ion turret was a better choice than the Phoenix squad A wing. They cost the same, but evaan has more durability, which means she can benefit more from saw's rerolls. She also has higher initative, and her ability is like a reverse intimidation, but easier to trigger, which could help a U wing/wedge if he's staring down a ESC swarm. The obvious drawback is less offense at range 2-3, which is a pretty big problem.

Any body have an idea on which one is better?

I haven't had much luck running two or three U-wings in a list. Maybe it's my poor piloting, but more often I feel as beefy as they are--even with Saw at I4--the ships will be susceptible to being Initiative killed. Admittedly, I was running something similar to this back in the day of Soontir+Whisper+Redline so things are a little different now-a-day, but I still can't shake the sad feeling you get when you can't do anything but hope they blank out or take the hits.

Having said that, are there any HS Legal examples that are not Rebel Beef that have the potential to do well?

Wedge+Dutch+Luke? Wedge+Dutch+Lando? What (dare I ask...) non-Wedge lists have legs?

15 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Why not switch the Saw Uwing for Edrio Two Tubes Xwing and put Saw as crew as stated before?

That would mean I sacrifice leia, but it might be worth it for the heavy offense on  both ships. Benthic could burn down pretty fast though.