Hey folks

Ï wannna try this list out, im choosing the Inqisitor, With the abiity to shoot things down at I7 

His wingmen/wingwomen are Major Vynder with all the neccesery things

And to top it all off, my fav , Adv senors Redline, with torps. 

At 200 points atm, Possibell changes is removing the inc, using Vader instead. Soontir 

What are your thoughts on it? 

“Redline” — TIE/ca Punisher 52

Advanced Sensors 10

Proton Torpedoes 12

Ship Total: 74

Half Points: 37 Threshold: 5

Grand Inquisitor — TIE Advanced v1 56

Heightened Perception 3

Fire-Control System 2

Proton Rockets 7

Ship Total: 68

Half Points: 34 Threshold: 2

Major Vynder — Alpha-class Star Wing 39

Trick Shot 2

Fire-Control System 2

Proton Torpedoes 12

Advanced SLAM 3

Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 0

Ship Total: 58

Half Points: 29 Threshold: 4

I got this with Vader

VaderRedlineVynder

(65) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners

(52) "Redline" [TIE/ca Punisher]
(12) Proton Torpedoes
(10) Advanced Sensors

(39) Major Vynder [Alpha-class Star Wing]
(12) Proton Torpedoes
(3) Advanced SLAM
(0) Os-1 Arsenal Loadout

Total points: 199

9 minutes ago, pakirby said:

I got this with Vader

VaderRedlineVynder

(6) Afterburners

(12) Proton Torpedoes
(10) Advanced Sensors

(39) Major Vynder [Alpha-class Star Wing]
(12) Proton Torpedoes
(3) Advanced SLAM
(0) Os-1 Arsenal Loadout

Total points: 199

How is it working out for you? i have another list with , Redline, Torps/advs , Soontir (naked) and Vader with fcs and afterburners ) i think i wanna try that one out aswell

Would be interested to know how the Grand Inquisitor gets on. I love the ship but he seems very overpriced and his force management is problematic. Been loving Seventh Sister or a generic Inquisitor with SNR, but they don't anchor a list. Their main gun is a bit weak so they're more a massive nuisance than a main threat.

Either would save some points for a few more Redline toys, but it maybe leaves the list a little unbalanced.

Posted (edited)

You wanna talk PS kills.... oh man this!

Redline Forever!

(2) Fire-Control System

(52) Soontir Fel [TIE Interceptor]
(2) Predator

(12) Proton Torpedoes
(10) Advanced Sensors

Total points: 195

Don’t worry about no Afterburners on Vader. He’s not going to flank. You straight joust with him right next to Redline. It’s hilarious but NO ONE will shoot Vader. They’ll go for Redline. It’s like he’s got old Biggs ability. They WILL kill Redline, but not before he gets both Torps off. Then for the late game you have Vader and Soontir. Wicked combo. 

Soontir is your flanker but MAKE SURE that you’re not flying him conservative: 1) he’s the lowest priority target 2) you get the Biggs effect and want to make use of concentrated fire on Redline 3) you need all guns on target to start the PS kill chain 4) if they turn their forces around to kill a 54 pt Soontir (who is still guaranteed to get his shot at ps 6) and leave Redline and Vader behind them YOU HAVE ALREADY WON!

Be aggressive with this build. Good luck! 

Possible Variant: I am torn about FCS on Vader. Don’t know whether to drop it for bid. Benefits are you save a lock for bumps/k turns. Downside is it’s effectiveness is mitigated by the target not normally remaining long enough after a Soontir/Vader/Redline barrage. 

Also above is your shot order. Soontir should shoot first to strip tokens and shields followed by Vader and Reds crits. 

Sometimes I don’t focus/lock with Redline because Vader/Fel will ps kill before Red shoots. I sometimes have to double lock to keep options open. 

Edited by JBFancourt
More thoughts...

Posted (edited)

VaderSoontirRedlne

(6) Afterburners

(2) Predator

(10) Advanced Sensors
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes
(5) Cluster Missiles

Total points: 198

I like afterburners on Vader, FCS I could live without.  Or swap in FCS and get more of a bid...

Edited by pakirby

19 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

You wanna talk PS kills.... oh man this!

Redline Forever!

(2) Fire-Control System

(2) Predator

(12) Proton Torpedoes
(10) Advanced Sensors

Total points: 195

Don’t worry about no Afterburners on Vader. He’s not going to flank. You straight joust with him right next to Redline. It’s hilarious but NO ONE will shoot Vader. They’ll go for Redline. It’s like he’s got old Biggs ability. They WILL kill Redline, but not before he gets both Torps off. Then for the late game you have Vader and Soontir. Wicked combo. 

Soontir is your flanker but MAKE SURE that you’re not flying him conservative: 1) he’s the lowest priority target 2) you get the Biggs effect and want to make use of concentrated fire on Redline 3) you need all guns on target to start the PS kill chain 4) if they turn their forces around to kill a 54 pt Soontir (who is still guaranteed to get his shot at ps 6) and leave Redline and Vader behind them YOU HAVE ALREADY WON!

Be aggressive with this build. Good luck! 

Possible Variant: I am torn about FCS on Vader. Don’t know whether to drop it for bid. Benefits are you save a lock for bumps/k turns. Downside is it’s effectiveness is mitigated by the target not normally remaining long enough after a Soontir/Vader/Redline barrage. 

Also above is your shot order. Soontir should shoot first to strip tokens and shields followed by Vader and Reds crits. 

Sometimes I don’t focus/lock with Redline because Vader/Fel will ps kill before Red shoots. I sometimes have to double lock to keep options open. 

I freeking love this list, Reminds me of my old trippel aces list,  Redline is a beast, and a soontir in hereself, Love fixing the 4 k, and then adv sensors boost or focus , then looking, k turning and trowing 4 fully modded dice! I wanna try it now !! Thanks!