Sign in to follow this  
LTuser

booboo's with your stuff

So, folks.  Anyone got any "Oopsie" stories with their X-wing gear?  Like you went to tourny X and forgot something?  OR went to a friends house and left something?  Or accidentally threw something out you needed, but didn't realize it till it was too late?

For me, i recently was doing an inventory of my stuff, re-placing things for better organization, and realized "Gee, somewhere i tossed out two of the cardboard bases for the lone tie striker i have.  CRAP!"

A few weeks ago right before a local tournament started I leaned on the table and POP. I broke the peg on the bottom of one of my Arcs. 

Thankfully I have 5 Arcs...what is with those faces?

A friend of mine went to a system open and left his models at the hotel we were staying at. Thank god a nice guy gave him the models he needed.

It’s a minor example, but I’ve always regretted throwing out the packaging from the very first expac I bought. Since then, I’ve taken to snipping out the part of the packaging where the ship rests and inserting that into my storage case, because that helps cradle the mini & keep it from knocking about.

That mini just keeps getting more and more beat up, despite a couple rounds of storage case customizations & improvements focused on shoring-up its compartment. 😓

A friend of mine used a t-70 dial, in a list that only had Biggs.  Back in 1.0 days.  He realized he brought the wrong dial and asked his opponent if he wouldnt mind him finding a correct dial.  1st rou d of a tournament.  Luckily he did.  His opponent reacted with great sportsmanship.  My friend could have recieved a 1st rou d loss but won instead.  Ended up going 2nd out of 40+ players.  

Forgot what is arguably the most important piece of x-wing equipment, my dials. Had to borrow some from an incredibly nice fella, but his had custom dial covers and were therefore lose. 

It ended up costing me the finals when I flew wedge off the board, because the dial was loose enough that picking it up was enough to spin it to a different manuver.

The biggest booboo I heard of in the 1st edition of the game was breaking the pegs of the epic ships. I think each of us broke at least 2 pegs, and that was being careful. I hope they fix that in epic in 2.0

23 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

A few weeks ago right before a local tournament started I leaned on the table and POP. I broke the peg on the bottom of one of my Arcs. 

Thankfully I have 5 Arcs...what is with those faces?

A friend of mine went to a system open and left his models at the hotel we were staying at. Thank god a nice guy gave him the models he needed.

Been there, done that, on breaking pegs cause of leaning over the table..  Did that at home, during one of my play testings, due to the pocket of my hoddie, catching a ship.

20 hours ago, Tortletalk said:

I managed to slice my hand open on the edge of an acrylic range ruler.

Ouch..

Anyhow, i did a full re-look, and finally found those bases..  Seems i placed them in the box i keep all my imperial dials..  phew..

On 5/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, LTuser said:

So, folks.  Anyone got any "Oopsie" stories with their X-wing gear?  Like you went to tourny X and forgot something?  OR went to a friends house and left something?  Or accidentally threw something out you needed, but didn't realize it till it was too late?

For me, i recently was doing an inventory of my stuff, re-placing things for better organization, and realized "Gee, somewhere i tossed out two of the cardboard bases for the lone tie striker i have.  CRAP!"

My first ever tournament I forgot all my dice... luckily they had second hand ones on sale. Second tournament I forgot obstacles, had to borrow some.

Every tournament I go to now, I triple check all my stuff and I still get the sinking feeling I have forgotten something every single time.

When I was sorting through all my stuff to convert to 2nd edition, I had a bunch of old core set boxes and such that I decided to purge.

"Well, I won't need any of these old 1.0 rules sheets!"

And all of the 1.0 inserts went to recycling before I remembered the had all the missions on them. :(

10 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

My first ever tournament I forgot all my dice... luckily they had second hand ones on sale. Second tournament I forgot obstacles, had to borrow some.

Every tournament I go to now, I triple check all my stuff and I still get the sinking feeling I have forgotten something every single time.

I did that for one of my bigger conventions..  Triple checked i had everything packed, even made a cheat sheet i ticked off..  BUT still, somehow i forgot my dice bag...  GRR.

Posted (edited)

Went to a casual event local to me a couple of months back, intending on flying a weird Bomber list, because that's kind of my schitck anyway. Arrived, unloaded my ships, set them up on bases, casually chatting away, and then realised I had left the entire suite of upgrade cards for them at home.

Luckily, I rarely pack less than three lists into my bag when going somewhere, so it was just a matter of switching out, but it was still very annoying (though that was the day I was forced to use my equally odd 4x TAP Inquisitor list and ended up having an absolute ball with it to the point of building entire other lists around 2x or 3x Inquisitors, so it wasn't a total loss).

Edited by NakedDex

not tourney... but the last 3 weeks I've forgot to pack my Vader dial... luckily the T70 dial is pretty similar and I got one of those on me... not this week tho. I'll get that Vader dial in there tonight.

I tore my house apart looking for my bag of large & medium tokens and bases. I had just bought a Galactic Empire Conversion kit from a friend, and started freaking out that I had lost all that stuff already. They had been missing for two weeks, and I finally decided to message my local group to see if anybody had seen them. One of the guys said, "Oh yeah, Catherine has them for you at the store. I was there the week you left them." [Face palm!] 

After reading up online about using Dettol to strip factory paint jobs for repainting, I tried it out on a TIE fighter. It stripped the paint flawlessly, leaving a brand new bare plastic model for priming - fantastic.

Feeling confident, I added a decimator, lambda shuttle, and a further 6 TIE fighters to the dettol bath and left overnight, feeling smug about my discovery.

Needless to say, it didn't go according to plan. 6 TIE fighters and the shuttle were melted in to an unrecognisable lump that day, and I learned about FFG using different plastics for different production runs, some of which are OK with dettol, and some of which aren't.

The decimator made it out intact - I can only assume it was using the reinforce action.

After the hour drive from home, I arrived at my second tournament (which happened to be a regional) and I realized I had everything I needed except the upgrade cards.  Fortunately my wife was able to pack up and head down and got there with enough time to deliver the upgrade cards before the first round.

Needless to say, I'm a bit paranoid about that now and double check the night before any tournament that I have everything I need AND I check again before I head out the day of the tournament.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:59 AM, LTuser said:

I will only say that the details on the HWK-290 couldn't be anymore fragile.... and still be connected.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:59 AM, LTuser said:

Soooo many! I'm rubbish at life so it happens a lot. I've turned up to store champs without the base tiles needed (luckily been able to borrow them), turned up for league games with no rocks, missing dials, not enough tokens... It's amazing anyone still wants to play me in all honesty 😂 Last week arranged a game at the FLGS with a mate who was back for a few days and forgot to bring damage decks for us both. It's fine though Danerys Targarian forgot about the entire Iron fleet Soooo... I don't feel bad ;)