Desidious

AT-RT is to Good

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Desidious said:

Hi

I think that the AT-RT should have weak armour and that its to cheap

Looks like a troll post to me, maybe I can take your post serious if you write some detailed arguments about why it is too strong...

Edited by Staelwulf

12 minutes ago, Staelwulf said:

Looks like a troll post to me, maybe I can take your post serious if you write some detailed arguments about why it is too strong...

Judging by their profile I don’t believe they’re a troll.  They are just not a strong English speaker.  I disagree with their opinion, but flagging them as a troll seems a bit harsh/lynch mob-like.

It is a open vehicle and the driver is exposed = weak armour.

Thanks Kwatchi for not flaging me as a troll!!

It has 6 wounds for 55 points and the occupier tank is 4x times as large and only has 8 wounds!!

Only my thought!!

I tend to agree that the AT-RT is stronger than it really has any right to be.  It honestly should have weak sides, like the Occupier, or just Armor X, rather than a blanket armor value.  That said, the AT-RT was the best vehicle in the game for a long time, and was the only original one that was decent.  I'm not exactly sure how it could have been "fixed" and still be playable though. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Desidious said:

It is a open vehicle and the driver is exposed = weak armour.

Thanks Kwatchi for not flaging me as a troll!!

It has 6 wounds for 55 points and the occupier tank is 4x times as large and only has 8 wounds!!

Only my thought!!

Yes, but you MUST add a weapon upgrade to the AT-RT to make it worth offensively, so it ends up costing between 80 and 90 points.
On the other hand even if the tank has only 2 more HP, the AT-RT has 1/6 chances of defending damage while the tank has 3/6. That is a huge difference.
I'm not saying the AT-RT is not good (it actually is), but at least that it's not too good for it's cost in my opinion.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

I dont think it's too good for the cost, but i dont get all the hate on the AT-RT...its a very viable option in my opinion since it has the same firepower as the cannon (when using rotary gun which is a must have IMO), is maneuverable with expert climber, and fairly survivable. Very worth the cost. Putting one on top of a piece of terrain overlooking part of the board can really shut down an opponents movements in a large area.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with AT-RT's once Tauntauns are out.

I don't think "never ever seeing it on the table ever again" will be that interesting.

20 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

I don't think "never ever seeing it on the table ever again" will be that interesting.

And I hope that won't be the case. 

The AT-RT can still accomplish things that Tauntauns can't (and vice versa), so we'll just have to see what happens post-release.