Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

Is Barriss really really bad?

Posted (edited)

Its really funny, if she stayed pretty much as is, and gained a 2nd force point, she would probably be usable.

Kinda foolish design by default as it is an ability that you want to use on an ally, but its usually a bad idea to empty your force pool, especially if you are not high initiative.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

4 minutes ago, Stryker359 said:

They should've just said Seventh Sister was Barriss. Leaving it open to interpretation isn't enough.

There's talk that Fallen Order's main antagonist of 2nd Sister is possibly Barriss. I know it doesn't jive with Filioni saying that Barriss planting a seed in the mind of the future Grand Inquisitor, but my headcanon is that in a twist of Shakespearean irony, her betrayal to the Jedi would be ultimately ended by a mass betrayal to the Jedi. 

Posted (edited)

Second force and a one point drop would do it

She should've been the cheaptest 2 force i4 because her ability doesn't work on herself (literally just a forcus, other than hit --> crit)

But 1 force is cemented on the card so she's kinda buggered 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Second force and a one point drop would do it

She should've been the cheaptest 2 force i4 because her ability doesn't work on herself (literally just a forcus, other than hit --> crit)

But 1 force is cemented on the card so she's kinda buggered 

Times like this I wish everything was digital. 

Direct/Straight errata? (Not sure if Barriss would be straight. Rofl) 

Edited by Blail Blerg
I make bad joke

If she had 2 force, I'd be fine with her being the 44 points of most other Init 4 Jedi.

As is, that 1 force is a massive limitation, and she probably needs a price cut.  41-42 seems right (at least 2 more than a JK, at least 2 less than Luminara and Saesee Tiin).

2 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Agree. At 40-41 she becomes an interesting choice for an upgrade for the I4.

40 seems excessive to me, given that the Jedi Knight is 39.  Init bump and a non-blank pilot ability is worth more than 1 point, even with the init scaling on the configs.

I do think the base cost of the Jedi Knight should go down. For two side not sure I’d take them for much. And delta B should scale with a higher X first power coefficient. 

An alpha is what 34 PT? 

I think a Jedi could be 35-36. And barriss at like 39 would be very interesting. 

Bariss would have made sense if there wasn't a bullseye requirement, making her a really interesting choice as a support ship because the force point would pretty much never be dead.

I could see if the named torrents were playable that she could find a home still if there were a slight points drop, as a white barrel roll out of an arc and then still having a mod for a bullseye attack is pretty sweet.