flooze

Kimogila double scurrg

Posted (edited)

So I got a second scurrg (traded my sparse resistance ships). 

Anyway, I wanted to focus on ships that I did not fly very often in second edition. Put nym on the table two times and the kimogila I think only one. Can't even remember which pilot... 

So here is my list, I'd appreciate comments, especially when you already have some table time with these chassis. Removing one of these ships is not an option, pilots and upgrades can be discussed though. 

I think the approach is simple. Go for the joust, then overshot and leave some bombs on the trail, reload with the kimogila. 

Sol Sixxa (46)
Crack Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)
Proton Bombs (5)
Proximity Mines (6)

Captain Nym (48)
Crack Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Proximity Mines (6)
Proton Bombs (5)

Torani Kulda (50)
Marksmanship (1)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
Cluster Missiles (5)
R3 Astromech (3)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by flooze

Posted (edited)

Eh you def don't want to overload upgrades on one eagility ships

They die REALLY **** quickly

The SCURRG has found a lot of success as a turret + turret veteran gunner. I personally have a big soft spot for the r5-p8 cartel executioner

To bring em all together, I think you could just make them all generics, add Drea, and be set. 

Edited by ficklegreendice

I think having clusters and APT on Torani is too much.  APT really is 6 points for a 1 shot, single extra die anyway.  I would rather have upgraded your turret to ion turrets and get some control.  bombs work great if you know exactly where a ship is going to be.

5 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

To bring em all together, I think you could just make them all generics, add Drea, and be set. 

So you think about something like this? 

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Cartel Executioner (44)
R5-P8 (4)

Drea Renthal (42)
Dorsal Turret (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Total: 200

Posted (edited)

A slightly different approach could be:

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Torani Kulda (50)
Trick shot (2)
R3 (3)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Lando (Escape craft) (29)
Trick shot (2)
Tactical officer (2)

Total: 195

Edited by underling
Correct list

Posted (edited)

Ion turrets 

1 hour ago, flooze said:

So you think about something like this? 

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Lok Revenant (43)
Dorsal Turret (2)

Cartel Executioner (44)
R5-P8 (4)

Drea Renthal (42)
Dorsal Turret (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Total: 200

Ditch shield upgrades for SCURGG ion turrets 

Ditch r4 for expert handling (on Drea)

Doneso

Edited by ficklegreendice

A cool piece of kit I saw @Wazat suggest for Dalan Oberos' Kimogila was Inertial Dampeners.  Dalan can only activate his ability if three things are true at the start of the engagement phase: he has bullseye, his opponent has a shield, he's missing a shield.  If you wait to lose shields naturally, your opponent's shields might already be gone.  But ID can force a shield loss on Dalan so that he can "steal" one from an opponent.  Meanwhile, although Dalan isn't very high Init, he might be able to do this trick after an enemy has moved, thus guaranteeing a bullseye arc.  50 points for Dalan with Crack Shot and Inertial Dampeners.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

A cool piece of kit I saw @Wazat suggest for Dalan Oberos' Kimogila was Inertial Dampeners. 

Sounds interesting. Will keep that in mind. 

6 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Ditch shield upgrades for SCURGG ion turrets 

Ditch r4 for expert handling (on Drea)

Doneso

Got it. Now I just need some table time... 

Thx for the input folks

I haven't flown Scurrgs all that much, but Kimogilas bring me much joy.  Especially Torani.

Torani should have Cluster Missiles always.  I wouldn't bother with other munitions on her, normally.  If she can get that double shot off, anything unlucky enough to be in her bullseye is probably taking a damage from her railgun double-tap, maybe two.  If a swarm is in her bullseye, it's not a happy swarm.  I've double-tapped 3 or 4 ships at once with Torani, and it had a big effect on the rest of the game because those ships were down to 1 or 2 life after that encounter.  Block an ace with your Scurrg so it's in Torani's bullseye and tokenless?  Excellent.  Block an ace with Torani so it's in her bullseye when she shoots something else?  Muahahaha!

I tend to give her an R3 Astromech so she has a greater chance at getting her clusters out of the tube (especially against aces who will try to dodge the arc; R3 means multiple ships have to dodge successfully), but it's admittedly not necessary.  Other options include: Shield Upgrade for survival (she will be targeted), Expert Handling for adjusting her arc without stress (forward and bullseye -- she needs to get shots), and/or Contraband Cybernetics to give her options when she really needs to hard turn or k-turn.  Or alternatively Inertial Dampeners because it's dirt-cheap, and occasionally a swarm will wander into her arc in early game before she moves, and she wants to act on that.  Marksmanship is a good cheap option if you're not giving her Expert Handling, to make bullseye shots hit harder; but even that can be eschewed if points are tight.

An important warning: Be wary of loading her too heavy, as she's a target because of the power of her bullseye, and she crumples under focused fire.  If I load her heavy, usually I pair her with Asajj, who often gets targeted first to avoid a late-game Asajj dominating the table.  Your scurrgs won't likely have the same effect, so don't get her too fat.

Dalan I load with Predator and Inertial Dampeners, and rarely anything else.  He can spend a shield to stop either when it's advantageous for shots or dodging scrub arcs, or when that will line up a bullseye for stealing the shield back and delivering a brutal shot.  Note that Dalan can also steal shields from allies, which can save his life in a pinch!

Generics?  I give them Predator and have them focus every round or occasionally roll.  They won't out-fly anyone but scrubs, but they're cheap and expendable, yet hefty and able to take a hit.  Fragile-agile ships (e.g. Soontir, TIEs) and Token-Heavy ships (like TIE Defenders) are terrified of ending up in their bullseye (where tokens won't save them) and will go to great lengths to avoid it.  If they fail, they could be in for a hard hit.  This is useful for affecting enemy behavior, which could line up nasty torpedo or double-tap shots from your scurrgs.

I hope this helps!

Posted (edited)

I feel like unless you have an effect or an ability for a second action expert handling is a waste. I'd stay with the r4 on Drea. Or if you want to have the ept, trick shot. 

Edited by KingmanHighborn