Sign in to follow this  
Jake the Hutt

has anyone ever crashed?

Has anyone ever suffered any wounds from running their Speederbikes into terrain?

Anyone?

The compulsory move seems like its supposed to be part benefit, part drawback, with a real danger of losing control of your speederbike and ramming it into a tree. I mean, the first two things you think of when you think of speederbikes is that they're super fast and they slam into things easily. But in practice it seems nearly impossible.

My primary opponent and I play on pretty dense terrain.  I was surprised to see that he never seemed to have any problems maneuvering his bikes. In fact, at first I was convinced he was doing it wrong. But after reading the rules I saw that unless you're using pretty tall terrain theres very little chance that that your bikes will run into anything. And even with tall terrain that the bikes simply can fly over the chance of actually crashing is super slim. I spent an evening practice flying  the bikes (and the T47) and it was actually pretty difficult to crash into anything, even when making pretty pretty poor choices.

So has anyone ever had a problem with this? Has anyone crashed before? Any cool stories about accidentally slamming into a building, or maybe forcing your opponent's bikes into a wall or something?

It's very difficult to crash if you really want to avoid it (specially the speeder bikes that have a medium base). One of my opponents once crashed it's T-47 because he wanted so badly to turn to one side but there was no way to place that large base on top of the building without it falling, so he chose to crash it and receive those 3 damage to have it's T-47 pointing to my units that way and shoot them.

It may be a bit more common if the Power Harpoon can be combined with Fire Support Keyword by the new emplacements or the Linked Targeting Array.

I suppose that might be a bit  too difficult to set up in the game to become a thing.