GiledPallaeon

SECOND ROUND PAIRINGS POSTED - Vassal Tournament - Star Wars Armada Fleet Exercises!

8 minutes ago, LTD said:

And... I'm having fourth thoughts.

If I get paired up with you, which I doubt, due to the time zone dealibob, I hope you are this indecisive...

27 minutes ago, idjmv said:

If I get paired up with you, which I doubt, due to the time zone dealibob, I hope you are this indecisive...

What Timezone are you? 

Being Australian, I am flexible. I’m either up at 4am to play Europeans, or I’m home for lunch to play Yanks. 

21 minutes ago, LTD said:

What Timezone are you? 

Being Australian, I am flexible. I’m either up at 4am to play Europeans, or I’m home for lunch to play Yanks. 

Pacific/West coast

On 5/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, GiledPallaeon said:

While an interesting idea as to how to limit ace squadrons in the game, ultimately the point of this tournament is to get players experimenting with new ideas and combinations outside their personal and the meta norm. To that end, I don't think making such a substantial change to how aces play on the table would be very informative to players as they start thinking about Regionals.

It's an interesting idea though, I'll hang on to it for the next time I need to handicap a Sloane ball!

Quick question about the squadron restrictions and Unique, non-Ace, squads. Do I read the rules right in that these don't need to be offset by generic squads but also don't themselves offset against aces? So if you have 40 points of Aces and 20 points of Uniques then you still need 40 points of non-unique generics?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Quick question about the squadron restrictions and Unique, non-Ace, squads. Do I read the rules right in that these don't need to be offset by generic squads but also don't themselves offset against aces? So if you have 40 points of Aces and 20 points of Uniques then you still need 40 points of non-unique generics?

That is the intended interpretation, yes.

They count as Neither, and thus, require and offset neither.

Your list could indeed consist entirely of Non-Ace Unique squads, without a Defense Token Toting Squadron or Generic in sight.

Edited by Drasnighta

Posted (edited)

Hello @GiledPallaeon,

I am finalizing my list for the upcoming tourney and am curious how you are planning to rule on the Salvage Run objective. I have only found one thread in the forums regarding this, and it leaves some room for interpretation.

Here is the link I found: 

So, these are my questions:

1. Are you going to allow an obstacle to be touching the station that is "at" distance 1 of the station?

2. Do other obstacles still have to be "beyond" distance 1 of each other when placing them?

Thanks!

Edited by itzSteve

((Not a Ruling))

The advice I was given after this question was asked was “Unless there is a specific  ‘even if’ wording, you should respect the rest of the RRG Rules”.

BUT that is not a hard and fast ruling.

The “spirit” of the rule is to have no obstacles within distance 1 of each other - including the station in this instance.

As it is, player me says “well, I’m going to grav shift it all anyway, go ahead, make it easier.,,”. 😁

Just now, Drasnighta said:

I don't know what's come over you now.

But I foresee crippling Indecision and Regrets for the next Week and a Bit :D

My indecision has been going on for a couple of weeks already. The card restrictions makes for some tough choices...

1 minute ago, itzSteve said:

My indecision has been going on for a couple of weeks already. The card restrictions makes for some tough choices...

Clearly it hasn't been crippling enough, as you got your list in a Week Early :D

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

Clearly it hasn't been crippling enough, as you got your list in a Week Early :D

I am already feeling the effects...it's it's just sooooo crippling.... ***sigh***

Posted (edited)

After long, intense consideration and hours of calm and responible thinking I threw all my good intentions of staying away from such time wasting behavior over board and submitted a fleet. May there be a mercyfull being forgiving my weakness! 🤣

On a different note, how many submissions do we already have? 

Edited by Darth Veggie

On 6/23/2019 at 3:35 AM, Darth Veggie said:

After long, intense consideration and hours of calm and responible thinking I threw all my good intentions of staying away from such time wasting behavior over board and submitted a fleet. May there be a mercyfull being forgiving my weakness! 🤣

On a different note, how many submissions do we already have? 

After some enabling behavior by friends, and after not having played a game in several months, I've decided to play as well. 

Sleep?  Who needs sleep!  :D

On 5/23/2019 at 11:49 PM, GiledPallaeon said:

Players Who Have Currently Submitted Lists*:

@BiggsIRL

@clontroper5

@CommanderDave

@Darth Veggie

@Ginkapo

@MandalorianMoose

@LTD

@OutboundFlight

@RealVeers

@The Jabbawookie

@TigerKommandant

@Zamalekite

@idjmv

@itzSteve

@stephen_harris70

@xanderf

IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR NAME SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST, SUBMIT AGAIN. IT WON'T HURT ANYONE

* The presence of a username in the above list does NOT confirm the submitted list is legal, only that I have it.

At least 16 players! Already enough for a decent tournament :)

How are you thinking format to work? Could maybe manage three pods but maybe better to go with two and then top 4 swiss? 

6 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

At least 16 players! Already enough for a decent tournament :)

How are you thinking format to work? Could maybe manage three pods but maybe better to go with two and then top 4 swiss? 

I know we're getting a couple stragglers today so I was going to see how time zones ended up working out. I'd like to stay at three pods but I may cut it down to two, the two in question depending on submissions. That's a problem for Tomorrow/Tonight Me, I promise to keep everyone posted.

25 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

I know we're getting a couple stragglers today so I was going to see how time zones ended up working out. I'd like to stay at three pods but I may cut it down to two, the two in question depending on submissions. That's a problem for Tomorrow/Tonight Me, I promise to keep everyone posted.

g0w