Sign in to follow this  
Kingsguard

Looking for references for these troopers.

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to figure out how to paint the Rebel troopers wearing the quilted uniforms. Specifically the Duros Trooper in the Rebel Trooper squads and the Twilekk trooper riding the X-34 Landspeeder. Where does this uniform come from? I don't recall seeing it in any movies and the only example I can think of is Shriv from Battlefront. Are there any other examples of this uniform being worn?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Kingsguard

21 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I'm pretty sure the uniforms are unique to the newer Battlefront games, debuting with the Rebel troopers on Sullust in the first (third) game.
eZyRAsE.png

Well that's something at least. Though I am not too hot on them using a uniform so often that is so obscure and with such limited color schemes. I mean I want to paint my Rebel troops Endor style but also in cannon color schemes. Everybody's going to be in greens except one Duros in brown and yellow sticking out like a sore thumb....

Paint him to match the others then. If you want him to match the rest of your team than just do it. If you need an answer that fits with canon its well established that Rebels used a large variety of uniforms from different sources and seldom had a coherent look.  Just say he traded in his brawn and yellow uniform for a green one. No big deal. 

8 hours ago, Jake the Hutt said:

Paint him to match the others then. If you want him to match the rest of your team than just do it. If you need an answer that fits with canon its well established that Rebels used a large variety of uniforms from different sources and seldom had a coherent look.  Just say he traded in his brawn and yellow uniform for a green one. No big deal. 

Maybe.....I'm staring at the Twilekk at the moment since I am working on my speeder. I'll probably try painting her like the above pictures. We'll see.

20190524_195658_zpsyycmclle.jpg20190524_195622_zpsbyv89ztw.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, Jake the Hutt said:

Maybe.....I'm staring at the Twilekk at the moment since I am working on my speeder. I'll probably try painting her like the above pictures. We'll see.