Sign in to follow this  
KingmanHighborn

Reaper Lists, which one is best?

I love the Reaper, but what to build AROUND it is always a challenge for me. I like 'pair ofs' for aesthetics, redundancy in case one pops, and just general fact that outside the Reaper, Punisher, and big ships I have at least 2 of everything Imp. Anyway just want to pick brains for something to fly Thursday, and maybe have in my back pocket for extended tournies.

List 1: Don't Fear the Reaper:

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 70
    •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
        Predator (2)
        •Director Krennic (5)
        •Darth Vader (14)

TIE/ph Phantom - •“Whisper” - 65
    •“Whisper” - Soft-Spoken Slayer (54)
        Juke (5)
        Collision Detector (6)

TIE/ph Phantom - •“Echo” - 61
    •“Echo” - Slippery Trickster (50)
        Juke (5)
        Collision Detector (6)

Total: 196/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

List 2: Black Rain

TIE Advanced x1 - •Darth Vader - 76
    •Darth Vader - Black Leader (65)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Afterburners (6)
        Hate (3)

TIE Advanced x1 - •Maarek Stele - 55
    •Maarek Stele - Servant of the Empire (46)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Afterburners (6)

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 66
        Predator (2)
        •Director Krennic (5)
        •Grand Moff Tarkin (6)
        Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 197/200

List 3: Danger Zone

TIE/in Interceptor - Saber Squadron Ace - 41
    Saber Squadron Ace - (40)
        Crack Shot (1)

TIE/in Interceptor - Saber Squadron Ace - 41
    Saber Squadron Ace - (40)
        Crack Shot (1)

TIE/in Interceptor - •Soontir Fel - 53
    •Soontir Fel - Ace of Legend (52)
        Marksmanship (1)

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 61
        Crack Shot (1)
        •Director Krennic (5)
        •Grand Moff Tarkin (6)

Total: 196/200

I also have a dual defender/reaper list but I haven't put a name to it. I've flown Black Rain and Don't Fear the Reaper before and they've won but didn't fly them in a serious setting. 

I like all of them. 

Can't comment on the Interceptor list as I haven't really flown them, but I've flown a bunch of Reaper/Phantom/x1 and love them all.

Flew against Vader, Swarm Maarek and Wampa, with an SBP carrying a Tac Officer on Sunday. It was kind of predictable and faired badly against our Fenn, AS Guri and Recruit but did very well in its other games. I'm not convinced there is quite enough in just Maarek and Vermeil alongside Vader. Though it undoubtedly packs a mean punch, I feel like it will suffer mid game when things are more cut and thrust. I would definitely trim Vermeil a fair bit and try to add another ship.

Whisper and Echo is an excellent combo. Personally, I'd drop Krennic and Vader for Feroph carrying Palp... maybe. Your Reaper will die so fast in this list. Using it as bait, making it harder to kill, while providing infinite range support, should give the Phantoms more game.

In fact, I feel like Palp Feroph will help any Reaper plus 2 list more than Vermeil. On Saturday, I went against exactly that with Vader and Soontir. Everything refused to give up any points, despite some quality kill boxing on my part.

Vermeil I prefer in a 4 ship list, where his hits, not his survival is more the plan.

Good luck with the lists, the Reaper is so much fun to fly.

Are you locked into Vermeil? Because Vermeil with Vader, while VERY potent, will die in a turn, maybe a turn and a half against any competent opponent. Feroph with Vader, on the other hand, could last a LOT longer. The wingmates could be basically anything

I played a CAC event in Vancouver WA last weekend and got smoked by: naked Vermeil, Sabbac, and two Sigmas with Juke. Everyone at initiative 4, I couldn't kill Vermeil in one, and he flew away with all my target locks.

It was a real headache for my Omega Aces swarm!

I ve tried several variations of 2 phantoms with Vermeil and also tried your interceptor list with Jendon instead of Vermeil (Tarkin works better on Jendon IMO).

My fav squad is similar to yours, but with composure and Minister Tua on Vermeil. Mister Tua will help him survive longer and has the merit of canceling your Ailerons for next turn.
I ve been also practicing with this variation lately which is lots of fun with Ion Clouds on the board.

https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/57188b25-94d6-4c80-8a79-8bfe286e7208