gothound

Save Me from the Bore

10 minutes ago, Thalandar said:

I dont know why these "rebels suck" threads keep popping up. I use han, chewie, 4 fleet troopers and 3 at rts with rotary blasters and i have had about a 70 % win rate.

I know--I'm an imp player and I lose to rebel players all the time. Is it time to say git gud? I don't know. Sabine's going to own. Tauntauns look pretty **** cool. I find that I'm always envious of the various rebel tricks. Maybe I need to git gud? I don't know. 

If the empire is stronger, it's prolly because they wanted the good guys to be stronger. 

28 minutes ago, Thalandar said:

I dont know why these "rebels suck" threads keep popping up. I use han, chewie, 4 fleet troopers and 3 at rts with rotary blasters and i have had about a 70 % win rate.

As I said in the Op, I do pretty well in my local community. Somedays I blow them up, other days they blow me up. It's just b-b-b-businesses. I honestly attribute the winning and losing to in game desicions and mistakes, not unit matchup.

My question for you is, do you take that lists to tournaments or just standard play? I really do want to run, well, things I want to run and not boring copy and paste. But the fact remains from all the big league result pages that only certain rebel units are performing well.

Posted (edited)

The nice thing about this game is that “imbalance” is not a staggering gulf between the two.  It’s a nuanced difference that gets noticed at the most competitive levels, but the game really is very close to balanced and remains so for the purpose of most local scenes.

Do Empire have more competitive choices from the most recent releases?  I think so.  Does that mean Rebels are bad?  Almost certainly not. I’m probably still bringing them to worlds.  And the arguably best player in the game (Kingsley) is a Rebel player.  He could probably win with Ewoks, though.

Edited by Orkimedes

On 5/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, arnoldrew said:

I played against (and got trounced by) a list with Leia, Sabine, Z-6s, and Strike Teams WITH SABOTEURS in Invader League. I literally had no idea how to deal with the bombs. When I avoided them it gave him huge amount of control over the board and the objectives, and when I ignored them and charged in I got blown to pieces.

I play this since commando release. Perhaps I was the first to do so.

Yes, Saboteurs are insane. And I play Jynn now, in place of Leia.

And no sabine, but 3 AT-RT with flamers. The opponent face two choices :

Either they focus the commando and die of the at-rt
Either they focus the at-rt and can't move anymore because of the mines.

It is a pretty workable kind of play. It is strong because you are the one who decide when the charges explode.

5 hours ago, gothound said:

As I said in the Op, I do pretty well in my local community. Somedays I blow them up, other days they blow me up. It's just b-b-b-businesses. I honestly attribute the winning and losing to in game desicions and mistakes, not unit matchup.

My question for you is, do you take that lists to tournaments or just standard play? I really do want to run, well, things I want to run and not boring copy and paste. But the fact remains from all the big league result pages that only certain rebel units are performing well.

i play in tournament as well as casual play. In fact i have a tournament this weekend at Conquest 50 in Kansas City

On 5/22/2019 at 11:16 PM, Thalandar said:

That list might win, but it sounds awfully repetitive, perhaps even boring. Isn't that the idea of the original post? 

On 5/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, Jedhead said:

The T-47?

No, wait--I'm sorry I mentioned... *runs for cover*

tHe T-47 nEeDs PoInT rEdUcTiOn UpGrAdE!

On 5/22/2019 at 1:55 AM, Tirion said:

Man I know it wouldn't win but I want to see like a double atst list at a big tourny just push hard and wreck these Mass infantry lists. I hate meta build stagnation.

I won a tournament with Leia and 3 AT-RT.

You have to be really careful with how you use them, but they can really swing engagements against troopers if there's not enough impact on the board.

Typically most cookie cutter imperial lists have veers + 2-4 DLT storm squads. The rest is snows and snipers, and maybe the missile from Bobba.

Usually you can play around this, but again you really have to pick your spots with the AT-RT's.

The meta just weren't prepared for a rebel with that much armour on the board, in their faces. So I guess I won that way.