Sign in to follow this  
Krysmo

Calling in Favours vs. an extra Ally

Curious as to folks' strategy...I'm playing Leo Anderson in a campaign now, and with Adaptable (great as I'm still a pretty green player in creative deck-building), I'm getting ready to adjust my deck again. With no real need for Venturer anymore (only firearm is the BAR, no Flashlights anymore and one First Aid), I was going to swap it out for either a 2nd Beat Cop or a 2nd Calling in Favours. 

I have a bunch of useful Allies - DeLuca and Lady Esprit among them - and like using all my Charisma slots so a 2nd Calling in Favours is tempting. But the consistent +1 Fight is pretty good from the Beat Cop too.

What do you all think?

If anyone has a use for Calling in Favors it would be Leo. Allowing you to dig for Mitch Brown is a pretty good thing. Although would depend somewhat on how many Allies you have in your deck now, obviously.

Edited by PJimo

Personally I only like Calling In Favors in decks that run seeker allies.   The idea being to maximize their "comes into play" abilities.   I have run Calling in Favors in Leo before, and haven't found it to be that useful.

2 hours ago, awp832 said:

Personally I only like Calling In Favors in decks that run seeker allies.   The idea being to maximize their "comes into play" abilities.   I have run Calling in Favors in Leo before, and haven't found it to be that useful.

Interesting...I favour some variety in my decks so tend to only have one of any Ally...so pulling Leo DeLuca early is pretty useful, as is switching out a low-sanity Esprit and bringing her back full next turn.

In decks with multiple level 0 unique allies, I usually run Calling in Favours at the beginning before I have enough copies of Charisma. And if these allies are mandatory for the build, I'll keep it in throughout because it's a way of getting them out. Otherwise...it's a card that's relatively easy to cut as you gain exp, since it can sometimes be useful, sometimes be great, but often be a useless draw. But then I haven't played a proper Academic Army build...