Sign in to follow this  
Gallanteer

Card Packs......?

With lots of new upgrade cards that are cross faction being bundled into releases due out soon, we are still awaiting any news on the promised card packs.

The thing is, they'll might add some other stuff to make them more appealing, here's my thoughts on possible direction for them.

1. Some ships still require extra pilots (BWs etc) and the 2nd ed version hasn't changed this. Maybe make each card pack faction specific, throw in a few extra pilots. You'd need to include the cardboard ship base but not the dials (they're giving you new ship options, not extra ships).

2. Include some standard extra cards - force power cards, ordnance etc along with multiple copies of the new cards.

3. Maybe a couple if small boards for extra tokens such as the dust clouds and bombs etc.

They probably won't do any if this but we can still speculate.

For clarification: they haven’t blatantly promised anything. If I recall correctly, Alex said it was “very likely” or something to that effect. While that could have been a hint at something actively in development, to me it sounded more like a future concept.

So basically, don’t get your hopes up. Their focus right now is on catching up the newer/smaller factions and rereleasing 1e ships. I wouldn’t expect card packs for another year or two, tbh, though, sure, they could be announced next week 🤷‍♂️

The card packs will come...

... but only after everyone who really wanted those new cards bought into a new faction out of frustration for not having them yet. If you only play the original factions, there’s been nothing new for you since wave 2. If you add the sequel factions in, the only new thing beyond wave 2 is coming in wave 4. Not a thing in 5, and honestly aside from epic I’m not expecting much “new” content. 

7 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

For clarification: they haven’t blatantly promised anything. If I recall correctly, Alex said it was “very likely” or something to that effect. While that could have been a hint at something actively in development, to me it sounded more like a future concept.

So basically, don’t get your hopes up. Their focus right now is on catching up the newer/smaller factions and rereleasing 1e ships. I wouldn’t expect card packs for another year or two, tbh, though, sure, they could be announced next week 🤷‍♂️

They have promised over and over and over that we will get new pilots without having to buy existing ships (even resculpts). If you can think of any way this translates into something other than card packs I’m all ears. And aces packs don’t count because that’s still re-buying existing ships.

When asked outright if it meant card packs, they said something along the lines of “Basically yeah that’s how we’re going to do it for pilots like K-2S0 but we can’t say anything more yet”.

They’re definitely coming. Probably soon.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

They have promised over and over and over that we will get new pilots without having to buy existing ships (even resculpts). If you can think of any way this translates into something other than card packs I’m all ears. And aces packs don’t count because that’s still re-buying existing ships.

When asked outright if it meant card packs, they said something along the lines of “Basically yeah that’s how we’re going to do it for pilots like K-2S0 but we can’t say anything more yet”.

They’re definitely coming. Probably soon.

I agree they’re almost definitely coming, but again, I just don’t think it’s worth getting hopes up over yet.

Edited by SpiderMana

56 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I agree they’re almost definitely coming, but again, I just don’t think it’s worth getting hopes up over yet.

Agreed - they are going to want to wait for all the rereleases and bunches of new faction content.

9 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

The card packs will come...

... but only after everyone who really wanted those new cards bought into a new faction out of frustration for not having them yet. If you only play the original factions, there’s been nothing new for you since wave 2. If you add the sequel factions in, the only new thing beyond wave 2 is coming in wave 4. Not a thing in 5, and honestly aside from epic I’m not expecting much “new” content. 

long time between drinks for scum players. new content not coming very fast. we got starvipers in hyperspace and fenn and boba and old teroch holding down the fort until something new comes around... hyperspace not offering much for scum and extended scum players have scurrg and ketsu... unless im missing something scum players got limited options for competitive squads vs rebel beef, FO kylo and friends, imp aces, rebel aces, rebel falcon, resistance aces, droid swarm, jedi aces.

3 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

long time between drinks for scum players. new content not coming very fast. we got starvipers in hyperspace and fenn and boba and old teroch holding down the fort until something new comes around... hyperspace not offering much for scum and extended scum players have scurrg and ketsu... unless im missing something scum players got limited options for competitive squads vs rebel beef, FO kylo and friends, imp aces, rebel aces, rebel falcon, resistance aces, droid swarm, jedi aces.

I’d be all for more content. I’m just saying I don’t expect much that’s not just a rerelease for a long, long time.

24 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’d be all for more content. I’m just saying I don’t expect much that’s not just a rerelease for a long, long time.

yeah, thats what im sad about... the long wait to get something else to play with for scum. Points adjustment will hopefully shake things up and give more playable options.

nerf to hawk title and advanced sensors 4-LOM hurt scum in extended. now its nigh impossible to field 4 ships that are competitive vs higher initiative aces from rebels, imperials and FO. 

scum needs help, as a faction its near the bottom right now.

"If" they do a card pack I think it would just be new & existing upgrade cards to make some of the less used ships better, maybe new titles or configurations - reasoning being that putting cardboard bases in for new pilots will cost too much

5 hours ago, pitchfork06 said:

reasoning being that putting cardboard bases in for new pilots will cost too much

As somebody mentioned, they have name-dropped K-2S0 in relation to card packs. Sure that could just mean crew (did they say pilot in that conversation? Idk?), but they could certainly put 2-3 sheets of cardboard in there for a few pilots without hurting their costs too much.

6 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

FO and Scum players: We need more options!

FFG: They are coming, in the meantime why not buy into a new faction?

Empire players: why is scum complaining about lack of new ships? They have more already, and our last new ship was a year ago.

FO, I’ll give. Their options are low.

1 minute ago, millertime059 said:

Empire players: why is scum complaining about lack of new ships? They have more already, and our last new ship was a year ago.

FO, I’ll give. Their options are low.

its got to do with points nerf to key ships/upgrades such a boba, Palob,4-LOM and even jakku gunrunner. These points changes have effectively limited their options for squad building in a meta where vader, Soontir, rebel beef, hand beak han etc are rampant... scum has the ships but not the 'efficiency' to compete unless they play the same small pilots of pilots... Fenn, Boba, Guri, Scurrgs.

4 hours ago, Maui. said:

if you think Scum has it bad, First Order has been on four ships since 1.0 and won't get another new ship until at least December.

Yeah, I don't want to get into a "my faction has it worse" thing, but we (FO) can't even drop bombs!

Seems like a card pack with (among other things) Brilliant Evasion, Gas Clouds and Plasma Torps is due soon if we're to believe that there's no more buying out of faction. Oh, and Vader's droids for Imperials.

47 minutes ago, fantomenos said:

Seems like a card pack with (among other things) Brilliant Evasion, Gas Clouds and Plasma Torps is due soon if we're to believe that there's no more buying out of faction. Oh, and Vader's droids for Imperials.

Yeah, the above, passive Sensors, snap shot, Autoblasters, EP Bomb, DB missiles, spare parts canisters, targeting computer...

My Rebels and Imps are going to be real sad for a real long time.

4 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah, the above, passive Sensors, snap shot, Autoblasters, EP Bomb, DB missiles, spare parts canisters, targeting computer...

My Rebels and Imps are going to be real sad for a real long time.

In fairness, DB missiles and EP bomb will both be widely available on the secondary market because people flying those factions want more than one of the ship but have no use for more than one of those upgrades. I’m working on tracking down a DB for myself. 

The rest? Yeah, it’s going to be rough.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, fantomenos said:

Yeah, I don't want to get into a "my faction has it worse" thing, but we (FO) can't even drop bombs!

What if that becomes a faction feature?

12 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

The rest? Yeah, it’s going to be rough.

Same with other faction cards.

No one ever said the distribution of options needs to be equal.   Some cards will be faction-locked, but other cards might just be "faction-oriented."

Maybe you can play a Sep bomb as an Imp, but getting that card is on you.

I'm not denying that some factions could use some New Release love, but "not buying out of faction" doesn't imply you get to have everything in-faction all the time, it just means that the factions are balanced without needing cards from another faction's expacs. 

Edited by Darth Meanie