Stormtrooper721

Please explain how the T-21 works

The T-21 is one of my favourite Star Wars weapons and is now coming to Legion. It has 4 white dice and Critical 2. If I fired at a squad in heavy cover, how does that work? Do the dice convert to crits before the cover negates hits? Also, will 4 white dice hit enough surges to convert to crits to justify a 100 point Dewback?

19 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Actually it is critical 2 on that variant.

With crtical 2 you’re still averaging about 1 crit

8 hours ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

The T-21 is one of my favourite Star Wars weapons and is now coming to Legion. It has 4 white dice and Critical 2. If I fired at a squad in heavy cover, how does that work? Do the dice convert to crits before the cover negates hits? Also, will 4 white dice hit enough surges to convert to crits to justify a 100 point Dewback?

The Dewback is for melee. If you take a ranged weapon it's just to take advantage of the free attacks from Relentless before you get it into chompy-chompy range.

36 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I’m curios if we’ll get three model variants. I think we saw 3 cards but two sculpts. 

We will definitely get 4 sculpts for the Dewback: flamethrower (card seen), electro-staff (model seen), RT-97C (card seen), and T-21 (card and model seen). I love the number of options with this model. I can't wait for Sandtroopers so I can field these beautiful Dewback models with actual Sandtroopers.

11 minutes ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

We will definitely get 4 sculpts for the Dewback: flamethrower (card seen), electro-staff (model seen), RT-97C (card seen), and T-21 (card and model seen). I love the number of options with this model. I can't wait for Sandtroopers so I can field these beautiful Dewback models with actual Sandtroopers.

4 sculpts for something we can only take 3 of. Most unusual. 

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

4 sculpts for something we can only take 3 of. Most unusual. 

they did say at least 3 were for sure, but did hint at all 4 will be available and the reason is to give options for each weapon type

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

Do you think this will happen reliably enough to be a decent weapon?

This depends on the cost of the weapon and what platform it appears on.  

Edited by buckero0
To avoid confusion

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Step 5. Apply Dodge and Cover

Step 6. Modify Attack Dice

per the rulebook pdf thingy

This depends on the cost of the weapon and what platform it appears on.  

You covert surges before. RRG 15pg step 4. 

Edit. As seen in the dewback article. Critical 2 (while converting offensive surges, change up to 2 (surge? Symbols) results to critical results. 

Edited by TallGiraffe

38 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

You covert surges before. RRG 15pg step 4. 

Edit. As seen in the dewback article. Critical 2 (while converting offensive surges, change up to 2 (surge? Symbols) results to critical results. 

You're right 4c. I'm not sure what the modify attack dice is for. Maybe things like the personal shield cards.

3 hours ago, buckero0 said:

You're right 4c. I'm not sure what the modify attack dice is for. Maybe things like the personal shield cards.

its for any card ability, impact, command cards, weak point or armor to kick in. as step 5 says
The attacker can resolve any card abilities that modify the attack dice. Then, the defender can resolve any card abilities that modify the attack dice

19 hours ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

I can't wait for Sandtroopers so I can field these beautiful Dewback models with actual Sandtroopers.

I really don't think we will see sandtroopers.. I keep saying this, but if you think along tournament guidelines, sandtroopers (or magma troopers) are too visually similar to basic stormtroopers that they can be easily confused.   Especially since we have a DLT stormtrooper upgrade that has the sandtrooper backpack already.   Factor in plethora of actually different Imperial Armour types it is unlikely to get sandtroopers as a separate unit, especially since at the end if the day, sandtroopers can be emulated with the environmental gear.

Now, saying that above I hope we DO get sandtroopers, and I'm not being hypocritical.. what I want is some NEW stormtrooper (basic corp unit) on sprues that have a bunch of options to make your basic stormtroopers INTO sandtroopers, just no different stats.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I really don't think we will see sandtroopers..

I am unable to make up my mind. DT's and basic ST's look too similar. And FFG released 3 squads of Scendorif flavored rebels. I think the basic ST's were designed to fill in for them. Yet, a box of Sand Troopers will still sell some plastic!

Sand troopers aren't on the list of things I'd buy for Legion, but I've gotten to collect them for several other games now. Maybe someday Sand Trooper armor will be used to sell an alternate posed squad of ST's or something though. Putting a bunch of optional backpacks on a sprue or something would be cool.

34 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I am unable to make up my mind. DT's and basic ST's look too similar. And FFG released 3 squads of Scendorif flavored rebels. I think the basic ST's were designed to fill in for them. Yet, a box of Sand Troopers will still sell some plastic!

Sand troopers aren't on the list of things I'd buy for Legion, but I've gotten to collect them for several other games now. Maybe someday Sand Trooper armor will be used to sell an alternate posed squad of ST's or something though. Putting a bunch of optional backpacks on a sprue or something would be cool.

I, personally, don't really see too much similarity between Deathtroopers and Stormtroopers.   The helmet is different, and barring unsanctioned painting of Imperial troops, they are easy enough to differentiate.  

I’ve said it before, that all that really makes the sandtrooper a sandtrooper and not a stormtrooper is the gear they have, which with an upgrade (environmental gear) you have them.  

That being said, having the extra backpacks pauldrons, etc in a rereleased sprue based Stormtrooper expansion pack would basically print money for FFG.    

Can we take a minute to appreciate how @Stormtrooper721's favorite Star Wars weapon is not any of the myriad of unique "Star Wars specific" things like light-based weapons or iconic blasters, but a semi-obscure repeating rifle from  A New Hope?

This is not a knock, I'm just genuinely happy that such a small detail can give you that much joy 😄

I'm personally stoked about getting Dewbacks in the game, as it's a fascinating aspect of the GCW that doesn't really get explored elsewhere (are Dewbacks native to Tatooine? Did they bring them in from offworld? Do they have livestock for this purpose on board imperial cruisers? Or are there troopers specifically trained on how to ride various beast of burden on different worlds?), so I can appreciate.

Nothing else to add, just enjoying another fan's excitement - carry on!

15 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Last time I checked they’re native to Tatooine. Which I find a bit odd. But that’s what old canon said. 

Yeah 90% of my SW knowledge is old canon stuff so now I just rely on the internet and other fans to tell me what's true :D 

I know they were Tatooine  native in old canon for sure, but with the new stuff, idk if it's ever been confirmed. Still seems kind of funny that they'd have troopers specifically trained in Dewbacks if it's 1 planet only.