Sign in to follow this  
papy72

Glue Recommendation?

So last night I was taking apart a delta-7 and the socket that connects the ship to the pep popped out of the ship (it stayed connected to the peg).

The socket piece goes in and out of the ship easily enough, so I think I can just glue it, but what kind of glue is best for something like this?

4 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup, standard cyanoacrylate works fine.  The gel consistency stuff is helpful for avoiding it running everywhere, and use a minimal amount to avoid fogging up the surrounding paint.

I use Loctite superglue gel in the black bottle. It has some additive that helps it not to be so brittle. Great stuff. I've repaired quite a few breaks with it.

I use Gorilla epoxy glue - two tubes, joined together which need mixing to make it work.

Standard Superglue was too rubbery, letting pegs bend and then coming apart. Being brittle wasn't a problem, but might have been if the joint survived longer.

It is an ideal time to magnetise your ship though.

3 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

The Gorilla Glue gel super glue is good. Plus it fills gaps better than your standard super glue

Agreed, this is the best kind that I've used.

15 hours ago, Gilarius said:

I use Gorilla epoxy glue - two tubes, joined together which need mixing to make it work.

Standard Superglue was too rubbery, letting pegs bend and then coming apart. Being brittle wasn't a problem, but might have been if the joint survived longer.

It is an ideal time to magnetise your ship though.

Good ole two tubes.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:58 AM, Burius1981 said:

Agreed, this is the best kind that I've used.

Seconded, Gorilla Glue Gel works very well.