Sign in to follow this  
klatschi0212

"In the Palace of the Emerald Champion" map

Hey folks,

I didn't find any comments on that yet, but I am really bothered by the fact that the map included in the beginner's game box set provides the "secret room" detail. It makes the map more or less unusable although it's so freaking beautiful!! 

How did you encounter the problem? Is there anyone artsy enough to have altered the map?

Thank @Ahdiomer:

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:49 AM, Ahdiomer said:

I plan to use the unmarked map when I run that adventure.

Irritatingly they've done exactly the same thing with the Daylight Castle map in Mask of the Oni.

A 'clean' version can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/francescabaerald/art/L5R-RPG-Daylight-Castle-Dungeon-Map-796097276

I just had to remind them of the player vs character knowledge thing. "I keep searching until I find the secret room that I know is there" is not a valid choice of action for your character - you looked, found nothing, so nothing is there.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

I took a picture of my map and edited it with Paint to remove the secret room. I printed it and gave it to my players to move around the castle. When they discovered the secret room I took out the original map.

https://ibb.co/T0mQG9K

Here you go in case you want to use it.

Edited by Shosur0

@FBaerald (Francesca Baerald) on Twitter is the artist responsible for all these awesome maps we’re getting in 5e. Her work is phenomenal. She has lower Rez versions of these maps on her Twitter, plus you can buy large scale canvas or cotton paper versions through an online store she uses, but that might just be the map of the empire and possibly the Shadowlands. I believe she also has a Deviant Art Account where you might find slightly higher rez images. 

8 minutes ago, LuxuriousRhino said:

@FBaerald (Francesca Baerald) on Twitter is the artist responsible for all these awesome maps we’re getting in 5e. Her work is phenomenal. She has lower Rez versions of these maps on her Twitter, plus you can buy large scale canvas or cotton paper versions through an online store she uses, but that might just be the map of the empire and possibly the Shadowlands. I believe she also has a Deviant Art Account where you might find slightly higher rez images. 

Here is the link to her online store:

https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/francescabaerald/