Deagles

App playability

Is the app only good viewing while playing?

Only asking as I know back in v1 there was one app where you could make your list and print with minimal info to all info of your ships.  I used that app alot and used it for game play.  Now I see this new app can allow you to print, but only minimal.

Thanks,

Doug

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gadwag said:

I'm not quite sure what you're after, but it sounds like you're using the official x-wing app, which is terrible. I recommend that you try yet another squad builder 2.0 instead - it lets you print out your lists in full

If you're on mobile, try LaunchBay Next - it's a good way to view lists on the go

LaunchBay Next also has a good covert to PDF function, but yeah using it while playing is super handy with the calculator function.

*to clarify for those who don’t use the app, the calculator is for determining half points at the end of games for tournament play. Not any sort of probability calculator for in-game decisions.

Edited by kempokid

The official app has updated with the dials which I really like, and if you just hit “Share” you can save your squad as a nice little PDF that includes points, half points, and thresholds for scoring. I also have a soft spot for YASB 2.0 as well though. 😊

If anyone wasn't aware, Launch Bay Next has a feature that shows a stripped down version of ships/upgrades etc. After you select or create a squad, just touch the little arrows to the right of the squad name to "compress" or expand the info.