Flyingbrick

Double YV-666 ok Scum ships to build from?

Trandoshan Slaver (56)    
    0-0-0 (5)    
    BT-1 (2)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 6    

Trandoshan Slaver (56)    
    Lando Calrissian (Scum) (8)    

Ship total: 64  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 6    

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Predator (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Total: 197    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!155:,,,63,79,,,:;155:,,,45,,,,:;97:127,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

The first YV is a close range blocker and stressy boi. The second YV reinforces and uses Lando for rerolls since he'll likely be at the end of the shooting line. Fenn does flanking or long range sniping until mid/late game. You could drop all crew for the richest of bids. But that's what I have been kicking around for a minute now.

I flew a relatively heavy Bossk (with 0-0-0, BT-1, some other stuff) and a jank Moralo (Fett, Beckett, stuff) alongside a Tractor Serissu.  It fared...poorly...against a netlist Quickdraw-double Silencer list.  So no judgement to draw there; we know netlsits are strong.  But it was fun, and cleaned up against a Moralo/Azzameen list later that evening.  The difficult part of the YV-666 is, unsurprisingly, the dial, and keeping anything Ace-y off your tail, while at the same time being able to concentrate firepower on anything long enough to cut it down.  Generic party buses might be better, might give more options for Ace support, but the named YV pilots are solid, end entertaining.  Well, not so much Latts maybe, but Bossk and Moralo are.

Soz5GM4.jpg

In this picture, Serissu tractored Emon onto the debris, and then both YV's hit him hard.  He took a Direct Hit flying off the debris and exploded on the next turn.

This has been my bread and butter since 1.0 (obviously with very different upgrades)

YV-666 Light Freighter - •Bossk - 101
    •Bossk - Fearsome Hunter (66)
        •Lone Wolf (5)
        Jamming Beam (0)
        •IG-88D (4)
        •Maul (11)
        Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
        Shield Upgrade (4)
        •Hound’s Tooth (1)
        •Dengar (6)

YV-666 Light Freighter - •Moralo Eval - 91
    •Moralo Eval - Criminal Mastermind (70)
        Trick Shot (2)
        Jamming Beam (0)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        •0-0-0 (5)
        Shield Upgrade (4)
        •BT-1 (2)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - •Nashtah Pup - 6
    •Nashtah Pup - Contingency Plan (6)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Great fun once you get the hang of Moralo

Trandoshan Slaver (56)
Maul (11)

Trandoshan Slaver (56)
Lando Calrissian (8)
IG-88D (4)

4-LOM (49)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Sensors (10)
Qi’ra (2)
Mist Hunter (2)
Total: 200

Maul gives passive mods to one, so it can bump and fly over things and stop and still mod something. Other one gets double mods. 4lom is 4lom with adv sensors. Qira and Trickshot let him do some shenanigans like adv sensors lock a rock, kturn onto it and get your trickshot off.

3 hours ago, wurms said:

Trandoshan Slaver (56)
Maul (11)

Trandoshan Slaver (56)
Lando Calrissian (8)
IG-88D (4)

4-LOM (49)
Trick Shot (2)
Advanced Sensors (10)
Qi’ra (2)
Mist Hunter (2)
Total: 200

Maul gives passive mods to one, so it can bump and fly over things and stop and still mod something. Other one gets double mods. 4lom is 4lom with adv sensors. Qira and Trickshot let him do some shenanigans like adv sensors lock a rock, kturn onto it and get your trickshot off.

hmmm, i like this idea of 2 Slavers with the pesky 4LOM

Posted (edited)

I've got a Trick Shot + Qira + Deadman's Switch Bossk, Jabba + Feedback Array Slaver & Vizago + Contraband Cybernetics Slaver list I'm planning on bringing to my next game. I mostly wanted to play around with illicits. Bossk starts with Deadman's Switch to lower his point value, but gets the cybernetics passed to him to he can sit on a comfy cloud that he's Qira'd for 4 red dice / 2 green dice with a blank>evade conversion. Illicits can then be passed around based on who needs it, if one of them needs a red maneuver in the next turn they can get the cybernetics (which'll be resupplied by Jabba for as long as he lasts), whoever looks like they're going to die first can get Deadman's switch and dive into the enemy and dare them to shoot, and if any of them get an ace on their rear, Feedback Array and a 0 maneuver might help to shake them off.

I expect it'll be fun jank, probably not really viable though.

Edit: Went up against Kylo, Blackout and Null. Despite managing to actually make decent use of all 3 Illicits, almost exhausting Jabba and getting plenty of good shots on the Silencers, the Silencers and Null were all standing while my ships were nothing but debris. If YV-666s, some Scum crew/gunners and Contraband Cybernetics go down in price, it might be a somewhat usable list by party busing the YV-666s? The problem with it that I'm seeing is that the YV-666s must do extremely well in the early turns of engagement because obviously they just lose if enough of the enemy list survives to get behind them (Feedback Array + 0 stops did do some work, just not enough), so being able to front load more offense might make it work... Alternatively, if Weapons Engineer were re-released along with cost drops for the list, upgrading a Slaver to Latts to slap Tractor tokens on enemy ships might work too.

Edited by Enigami