• FCS
  • Elusive

IG88-C

• Title
  • FCS
  • Elusive

4-LOM

• IG88-D

I have always loved flying Bro Bots and the G1-A was interesting and often surprising to fly. With the new points updates my old Scum build of Boba/4-LOM/Torkil is dead and i decided to run 2 IGs and a G1-A rather than 3 vanilla IGs. This list is great with all the synergy with the ADB/Calculate tokens, and with the little bit of stress control it gets a lotof value over the course of the game.  I have had a lot of success with this list and wanted to share it for my fellow scum. 

Hi there, very simple stuff I see, are you able to provide some more specific details:

1. What have you played against.?

2. How was your setup when playing against those other lists?

3. What is your winning rate so far.?

4. How would you tactically position the ships in the start?

5. Who has to be the heavy mule all the time?

6. What to avoid against big base ships?

7. What to avoid against mid base ships?

8. What to avoid against small base ships?

Last thing that comes on my mind:

9. All 3 ships are mid base. Using 3 mid base ships might be as hard as using 1 big base ship. What do you think makes t he 3 mid base ships a good list to try?

Every information would be highly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

But...where is IGB??? IGB is best IG!

B and D with titles and a cannon are cheap and efficient what with advanced droid brain

Ehh, i like doing more damage than trying to control the board. But i get why everyone thinks IGB is the best. I dont use him in 2.0

18 hours ago, Nyjalsan said:

Hi there, very simple stuff I see, are you able to provide some more specific details:

1. What have you played against.?

2. How was your setup when playing against those other lists?

3. What is your winning rate so far.?

4. How would you tactically position the ships in the start?

5. Who has to be the heavy mule all the time?

6. What to avoid against big base ships?

7. What to avoid against mid base ships?

8. What to avoid against small base ships?

Last thing that comes on my mind:

9. All 3 ships are mid base. Using 3 mid base ships might be as hard as using 1 big base ship. What do you think makes t he 3 mid base ships a good list to try?

Every information would be highly appreciated.

1. I have played against Rebel beef, Imp Aces, and FO Aces.

2. Setup against most lists is to have C on the outside with 4-LOM in the middle and A right next to him. Keeping all of them withing range 3 of each other for the ADB ability. 

3. Undefeated

4. Having C on the outside allows him to arc dodge and flank on his way in. When you are about to engage you acquire lock ,then have the other two pass a calc token each to him so he has full mods. Using 4-LOM to try and block in the middle, and to also pass stress. A is a support until the opportunity presents itself for him to dish out some damage. 

5. With the ADB ability you can decide which ship is the workhorse each turn if you get some solid blocks or arc dodges you simply pass the tokens to the ship with the best chance of inflicting the most damage, when passing stress to ships with 4-LOM it usually sets up good shots on that ship next turn as it makes their move more predictable. I have a easy time punching in damage with every ship but usually i pump an IG with calc tokens and target lock for maximum damage. 

For the rest of your questions, I've been playing since day 1 and found mid base ships are my favorite to fly. They arent to small and not too big and clunky like big base ships.  In my experience they are the best. they can fit where bug bases cant and get father than small bases. But give it a try and let me know how it goes for you! Hope this helps!  

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jake898 said:

Ehh, i like doing more damage than trying to control the board. But i get why everyone thinks IGB is the best. I dont use him in 2.0

To me, the appeal of IG-B is to use cannons to do more damage.

I'm keen to see what the pricing on Autoblaster is going to be, but even Ion Cannons as a backup shot seems like it has potential to me.  IGs are expensive, front-arc-only, middle initiative, and fairly but not amazingly mobile.  If I have my firing arc on a target, I don't want to go without damaging them, and having B to allow me to make a second attack if I miss seems like a good way to accomplish that goal.

Now, depending on how much Autoblaster costs, it seems like there will be a lot of cool potential lists.  At 2 points, A/B/4-LOM all with Marksmanship and Autoblaster (plus relevant overhead cards like titles) is possible.  That'd be wicked fun.  At 3 points, A/B/4 without talents, or B/C/4 each with Marksmanship.  At 4 points, B/C/4 without talents.

I'd also be keen on double-IG/Old Terroch lists (hat tip to @Sixter ).  Old T seems like a great buddy for IGs, since he's at once a support ship through token stripping, as well as a decent attacker and arc dodger to help diversify the threats.

Edited by theBitterFig

36 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Now, depending on how much Autoblaster costs, it seems like there will be a lot of cool potential lists.  At 2 points, A/B/4-LOM all with Marksmanship and Autoblaster (plus relevant overhead cards like titles) is possible.  That'd be wicked fun.  At 3 points, A/B/4 without talents, or B/C/4 each with Marksmanship.  At 4 points, B/C/4 without talents.

A/B/4 with Autoblaster and Marksmanship does sound like a lot of fun -- can't wait to find out what the points will be.

Even without Autoblaster available, though, changing the original list to IG-88A/IG-88B/4-LOM and adding Mist Hunter + 3x Jamming Beam seems decent.  Jamming Beams aren't good but when you get free bonus shots it seems like they could add up, and the Mist Hunter title is pretty nice on its own for the barrel roll.  @Jake898 how important have the evades from IG-88C been?

12 hours ago, kerbarian said:

A/B/4 with Autoblaster and Marksmanship does sound like a lot of fun -- can't wait to find out what the points will be.

Even without Autoblaster available, though, changing the original list to IG-88A/IG-88B/4-LOM and adding Mist Hunter + 3x Jamming Beam seems decent.  Jamming Beams aren't good but when you get free bonus shots it seems like they could add up, and the Mist Hunter title is pretty nice on its own for the barrel roll.  @Jake898 how important have the evades from IG-88C been?

Or Tractor Beam + Crackshot over Elusive.  Tractors aren't a super impressive cannon, but reduced agility can help the other shots land.  It's almost like Clone Commander Cody handing out strain on missed shots.  Not entirely because Tractors can miss, but almost.

My fav IG build is
A w/ seismics + Fearless + Deadmans switch + title + Jamming Beam
D w/ Elusive + title + Jamming Beam
4-Lom w/ Crack shot + Zuckuss + Deadmans switch

5-0 at the moment ;) and its increably fun. D flanks and A sticks with 4Lom. 

I would definitely reccomend using IG-88B. You only have 3 guns on the board so the extra shots will give you a better chance of damage consistency. Using Ion Cannon will also give you a great control element if given the chance.

I have been using Brobots/Teroch as one of my "gatekeeper" AI builds on the Flycasual simulator when Im trying new builds, and I can safely say that its a tough build to play against (especially considering the AI is somewhat limited).

My current Brobots build at the moment is IG-88B and IG-88D, both with Ion Cannon and Title. Add Old Teroch with Predator for 200 points on the nose.

My current list.  2 ship build is tough to win with.  I just like the manuevers D provides when performing the S-loop.  Outmanuever is there to capitalize on that anility.

IG-88B + Outmaneuver + Advanced Sensors + Contraband Cybernetics + Shield Upgrade + Jamming Beam + Ion Cannon + IG-2000 / IG-88D + Ion Cannon + Jamming Beam + Contraband Cybernetics + Shield Upgrade + Advanced Sensors + Outmaneuver + IG-2000