Sandman001

X-wing ground attack rules

Does anyone know of rules for playing low atmosphere/on the deck attack runs like in Rogue One. Using terrain, gun emplacements maybe ground support. Any groups played this type of game 

I recall someone posted a Rouge One inspired in-atmo mission a couple months back. Can't find the thread at all, but ships basically ignored terrain, the at-at's did boosts for movement and had 2 die primary's. ground troops were to be dropped by rebel U-wings in specific locations in the scenario, but if I remember right the balancing wasn't quite right for the mission to be playable.

There are some rules out there already for turrets and such for HotAC that can be used for any turret, really.  Just decide what type if weapon it is and give it a square base.  It can do an action to turn the turret.  Different rules say how much.  90 degree max is one.  Wherever you want is another.  Towards closest enemy for AI.  Actions are TL or Focus, unless AI and then use Calculation. 

Hull can depend on what it is.  Armored turrets can be up to 5 hull (no agility). Small infantry mounted turret could be as low as 1 or 2.

I would really like this as well. It would be interesting to have ground unit tokens that could potentially move the same way as the drk probes. Only certain types could target ships (missile troops). Other units could interact with other terrain like turrets, enemy troops, and bases for objectives. I honestly haven't thought too deep into the matter so there might be some unforeseen complications. But I dig the idea of having planetary battles with walkers to shoot at.