Sign in to follow this  
Kieransi

Wave 4 points guess challenge

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Fun! I entered. Probably mostly wild guesses, but it's pretty much anyone's game at this point

CONGRATULATIONS! You, fine gentleman, would make an excellent point adjuster for the Rebel faction! Let's make Leia 2pt, but C-3PO 8pt! Veteran Turret Gunner is only 6pt, but let's make Ezra useless in being triple the cost, requiring you to spend that force point in order to work, with only the benefit of said force point that you are planning to spend on that ability, which turns out to be lame and highly conditional! Braylen drops from a functioning 50 to 47, but Ibitsam remains at 50! Thane Kyrell is supposedly worth more than Cassian, an entire point more!

That being said, I am really hoping I can do degenerate **** like fly at the very least, a vanilla Padme + vanilla Luminara and a Delta ace and an ARC in the same list. That would be funny.

"You can only mod 1 focus result!"

"Okay, I'll just spend this force/calculate/focus on that natty focus--"

"Hold on there and remember the attack steps! I modify dice first! Let me spend this here force so that you now have focus results. You can still modify only 1!"

It gets sillier with Juke when Padme returns fire, but all I want is the base effect. Here's to hoping for a sub-40pt Padme. Why are you looking at me funny? Lulo is 38 pt!

Edited by player3010587

Posted (edited)

I have no clue who's name relates to which initiative value...oh it's available from the poll so that's good

for n1-a, putting it at A-wing values (31) between the Torrent (25) and Arc (42). Assuming the generics DON'T have talents; juke won't be a problem when it comes to displacing the arc.

Then they'll ALSO get to jump an unreasonable +4 points jump from base Initiative 2 to 3+! (and then it'll scale a normal 2 points per initiative from there). Pricing Anakin is weird since he's only got 1 force but a REALLY good ability (but no access to juke...)

Ric Olié's ability, if glimpsed correctly, seems stupid strong at I 5. Going at what I believe is the Republic point pricing, he'll end up at 39 base. That's 52 after proton torpedoes, which puts him around named Arc pricing. I don't think that's too outside the realm of possibility, especially since I expect Plasma should be far cheaper. Now, Juke Ric is an incredibly economical 44...but this is the n1 we're talking about. The dial is GOOD...but it aint exactly a defender. I think we'll find full throttle FAR more difficult to trigger. Without it...well, it's barely tougher than a torrent!

swz40_spread.png

For the Hyena, well the Vulture is 24 points with energy shells (26 for the I 3)...so the Hyena should be around that same price; trading offense for two more hull. Sure, the TIE bomber is now 30, but the TIE bomber has nimble bomber and motherloving jonus (and other strong synergy like jendon).

So, to be safe, let's say the Techno Union scrub is 26 and the seperatist I 3 is 28. Given the baktoid prototype is I 1, has an ability; also has a different loadout...I'm also putting it at 26. Same thing for the bombardment drone, an I 3 with an ability but different loadout (also guessing 28). DBS-404's ability IS A DRAWBACK, so it's going down 2 points from its I 4 down to an I 2 --> 27 points

DBS-32 coordinate is a tough one...given it seems really strong. But again, assuming a different loadout. At I 3, I'd hope it would NOT exceed 30 points (40 points when packing kraken, which is already above a robo beeble-booble) since it's basically pointless outside its support role.

Landing struts...4? Idk

Plasma torps? I can't imagine this thing being much more expensive than barrage rockets...8?

EPB...oh god how do we even begin to price this thing? I'll just guess 8 too

Diamond Boron, a unique missile with a conditional ability to do more damage than its 3 dice indicate. Like plasmas....8 points?

TA-175 is really bizarre. Tempted just to price it like Sloane, who is technically stronger but I expect FFG to overvalue networked etc. 10 points

Fuses better be 2 points...(skilled bombadier)

thus far don't give half a **** about the resistance

if autoblasters exceed 3 points...wasted upgrade card

Edited by ficklegreendice

Posted (edited)

probably way too soon for a roster change

I'd imagine in the future that the released expacs will remain untouched and we'll be rotating un-re-released ships around

oh right, if scum aint getting anything in Wave 4 I'm hoping they make the scum Y hyperspace. Give scum something that isn't just fangs and vipers...

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

probably way too soon for a roster change

I'd imagine in the future that the released expacs will remain untouched and we'll be rotating un-re-released ships around

oh right, if scum aint getting anything in Wave 4 I'm hoping they make the scum Y hyperspace. Give scum something that isn't just fangs and vipers...

*Starts having flashbacks of playing against Drea swarms*

...please no, if I may beg for one thing... not that please god.

Been playing Hyperspace so much I forgot that exists. Though I admit maybe the absence of Scurrgs, Quads and the Hwk will make it okay.

7 hours ago, svelok said:

Random, mildly related question.

Does the Hyperspace roster change when wave 4 drops, and if so, in what ways?

Only in that the new stuff almost certainly goes into it. I wouldn't expect any reprints to rotate in til the next points change in July. But who knows. OP is a mess right now.

Lancer
Spacetug
YV-666
G1-A
Starviper
Scyk

X-Wing (Saw's and Core Set Pilots only)
E-Wing
HWK
B-Wing
Falcon
Z-95

TIE Fighter (Core Set Pilots only)
Decimator
Gunboat
Defender
TIE Bomber
TIE Aggressor

Can this be the new hyperspace roster with wave 4? (And then fix its points in July)

All I care about are Hyena price stuff. I just wanna run DBS-32C w/ DRK Probes & TA-175, DBS-404 w/ ESC, and 5 Vultures w/ ESC (ideally Separatist Drones). Does that seem like a problem to anyone? I mean 5 TradeFed ESC Vultures already fits with Maul and those 2 Hyenas shouldn't be more expensive than Maul w/ Hate, Scimitar & Grievous right? 

7 hours ago, RStan said:

All I care about are Hyena price stuff. I just wanna run DBS-32C w/ DRK Probes & TA-175, DBS-404 w/ ESC, and 5 Vultures w/ ESC (ideally Separatist Drones). Does that seem like a problem to anyone? I mean 5 TradeFed ESC Vultures already fits with Maul and those 2 Hyenas shouldn't be more expensive than Maul w/ Hate, Scimitar & Grievous right? 

I doubt that DBS-32C gets to keep his device slot unfortunately. I think they are making him a pure support ship and he will be the only Hyena with a Tac Relay slot which screws up all of my plans for them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caduceus01 said:

I doubt that DBS-32C gets to keep his device slot unfortunately. I think they are making him a pure support ship and he will be the only Hyena with a Tac Relay slot which screws up all of my plans for them.

He may still have a device and he’ll probably have a missile. Even without reload or torps he could do some cool things 

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Caduceus01 said:

Assuming that the base chassis has 2 missile, 1 torp, and 2 device then maybe they transition 32C to dropping 1 of each which leaves it with 1 missile and 1 device...hopefully. 

Edited by RStan

4 hours ago, RStan said:

Assuming that the base chassis has 2 missile, 1 torp, and 2 device then maybe they transition 32C to dropping 1 of each which leaves it with 1 missile and 1 device...hopefully. 

Base has 1 missile, 1 torp, 1 device. Bombardment gets extra device, Baktoid gets extra missile.

Dropping one of each would leave it with nothing. I don't expect it to have torps, but it might still have missile (even the vultures do) and/or device?

A guy can dream 😛

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Base has 1 missile, 1 torp, 1 device. Bombardment gets extra device, Baktoid gets extra missile.

Dropping one of each would leave it with nothing. I don't expect it to have torps, but it might still have missile (even the vultures do) and/or device?

A guy can dream 😛

I guess worst case scenario I just put DRK Probes on the other Hyena that can take it in the list. It will be sad to consistently loose 6 more points in a game since it's probably going on 404 (Kamikaze), but as long as I can get it to fit in the list somewhere, I'll be happy. 

Card      Median guess

Ric Olie    42.5
Annie    46
Padme    41
Dineé    38
I2 Generic    34
Handmaiden    35.5

DBS-404    34
DBS-32C    34
Bombardment    31.5
I3 Generic    28
Baktoid    28.5
I1 Generic    26

Passive Senors    4
Plasma Torp    8
Plasma Torpedoes    8
Electro-Proton Bomb    7
Diamond-Boron Missiles    8
Autoblaster    4                              

Pammich    38
Logistics    35
Rose    27.5
Vi Moradi    26

46 minutes ago, Maui. said:

If these guesses are correct about Padme, Anakin, and Plasma Torpedoes, then R2-C4 costs 13 points

Yeah, very interesting. FWIW, the median for R2-C4 is... 4. So collectively the groupthink is 9 points too cheap on those cards, assuming the points haven't changed since the streamed lists.

Plasma for 10 (+2), Annie for 49 (+3), R2-C4 for 5 (+1), Padme for 44 (+3); relative to the group estimate, maybe?

A related interesting fact is the deviation on the N1 prices was way higher than for Hyena prices.

Like, I'd like to see Ric at 40, MAYBE 42.  Padme at about the same level just because her ability is easier to use and combos better with Juke.

Like... Tomax sees basically no use at all at 38.  Admittedly, he has a middling-at-best ability, and nothing like Full Throttle, but an extra hit point and basically similar dial.

Lulo and Ric ought to be about the same points.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, svelok said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWzFP8EjiGoLFo2YXci433j1ZNUAF_23g8nH538W-cTw59HQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Here's an auxiliary guess form - 20 less obvious cards/pilots. Everyone knows Leia will go up, but what about, say, Dash? Or Tavson? Up, down, same?

Hey, it's been a hot minute! And in that time, over 30 full sets of responses have come in. So, the results:

5Dd9xBW.png

iTQ0SDL.png

9oHK28q.png

TdACxYs.png

bXNkxHC.png

SL4QO9K.png

"surely there was a better way to present this information", you might be thinking; and the answer is yes, there was, but I refuse.