Sign in to follow this  
RStan

Hyena Article - Living Starfighters

11 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

We are in desperate need of usable gunners, especially after the phantom nerf.  :(

Only after they can get the Phantom price in check since they don't even need good gunners at this point. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RStan said:

Only after they can get the Phantom price in check since they don't even need good gunners at this point. 

They just need to drop them by a point so I can run quad juke phantoms again.

edit:  Laugh if you like fools, you will fear our fully operational weapons platform.

Edited by HolySorcerer

14 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

I’m really surprised that Passive Scanners does not have a TL action requirement to equip. Are we sure that is the spoiled polish card is completely accurate? 

Good question! There’s precedent for it being wrong.

*cries for Mace Windu*

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Good question! There’s precedent for it being wrong.

*cries for Mace Windu*

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Without that I think passive scanners has to be priced much higher. There is a reason they chose to not give the lock action to certain ships and PS gives some of those ships a better version of it at that.

Edited by Caduceus01

16 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Without that I think passive scanners has to be priced much higher. There is a reason they chose to not give the lock action to certain ships and PS gives some of those ships a better version of it at that.

Well, pretty soon all the ships with mods can take locks in Wave 5.

10 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Well, pretty soon all the ships with mods can take locks in Wave 5.

Yeah but that would be an additional cost and slot if you wanted the PS ability on the ships without lock.

48 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

Yeah but that would be an additional cost and slot if you wanted the PS ability on the ships without lock.

Maybe, but PS still doesn’t let you take Tarkin. I think it should cost just barely more than targeting computer, which should be about 3 points 

2 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Maybe, but PS still doesn’t let you take Tarkin. I think it should cost just barely more than targeting computer, which should be about 3 points 

Do we have the full text on Targeting Computer?

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

No but I think most are assuming it’s the same as 1e: you get the lock action to your action bar.

That's what I would have guessed to, but iirc the card spread has a wall of text on it. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Yeah, flavor text as you can tell due the the italics.

Then hopefully it's super cheap so it doesn't feel like trash on interceptors. They really need some affordable mods.

"We gave the interceptor two mod slots, so its one empty mod slot wouldn't feel lonely." --FFG

Edited by HolySorcerer

10 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Then hopefully it's super cheap so it doesn't feel like trash on interceptors. They really need some affordable mods.

"We gave the interceptor two mod slots, so its one empty mod slot wouldn't feel lonely." --FFG

I'd happily raise you the 3 empty Mod slots and the empty Illicit slot on the Kihraxz...

16 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Phantom can definitely use it, it basically adds a target lock action to the ship. All phantoms are going to LOVE being able to TL the turn the disengage, and they can still take a calc if they end up completely outmaneuvered by something they didn't see coming. It's gonna be really good on them if it's 2-3 points.

Generic Tie-SF are also gonna love this a whole bunch, because they can TL AND turn their arc when they engage, making it really hard to evade their arc.

Somehow I figured "perform a lock action" actually required you do to have the lock action, but you're right, it doesn't. I guess we have another guard that is either perfectly fine on the Phantom but overpriced on the everything else, or fine on everything else but completely overpowered on the Phantom. :P Makes me really hope this thing has a lock requirement.

4 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

I feel this thread was hijacked by the Imperial Gang :P

Anyway, I'm thnking on APT and Afterburners on DBS-404 to unload the hurtness

Indeed. I misread '404 error's ability at first and thought the extra die would only apply to primary shots, but it doesn't. Pretending to be Fenn Rau (before inevitably exploding from a self-inflicted critical chain) should be pretty tasty.

I think 404 is going to be a lot of fun in the right list. He’s a setup man and good for hit and run - you’ll basically always lose the MOV, but it’ll be satisfying still. We are going to have to be careful with his turnarounds in a furball, because you really want his R0-1 shots modified so you don’t waste your hull. Maybe -32c will pair well with him to give him a target lock + network calculations for the swarm when he turns around in close and picks up a stress. 

16 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

This is what I was thinking. Pretty cool how the two uniques work together.

But this doesn't work right? 32c's coordinate happens at the start of the engagement phase, whereas 404 would have already turned around and gotten stressed. 

53 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

But this doesn't work right? 32c's coordinate happens at the start of the engagement phase, whereas 404 would have already turned around and gotten stressed. 

I meant more in terms of activating his APTs. Rinse, repeat.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pyoinator said:

You’re right, I needed my coffee apparently before I wrote that.

That said, the turns other than the turn around can be very hard hitting with the two working together. 

Add in Sun Fac in the Nantex barrel rolling an arc dodger in front of 404 with 1 less agility and calculate/networked/target lock....lots of pieces but that has crazy potential. 

Edited by dsul413

4 hours ago, dsul413 said:

Add in Sun Fac in the Nantex barrel rolling an arc dodger in front of 404 with 1 less agility and calculate/networked/target lock....lots of pieces but that has crazy potential. 

Yeah I feel like Sun Fac will have to be around Fenn’s price at least. Perfect-information reposition AND rotate AND ensnare is an extremely potent combo.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah I feel like Sun Fac will have to be around Fenn’s price at least. Perfect-information reposition AND rotate AND ensnare is an extremely potent combo.

Less without Ensnare. You might be forgetting that without that talent the downside to the ship ability can be pretty nasty, and the turret is only a 2 die. Against non tractored targets his pilot ability doesn't trigger iirc.

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Less without Ensnare. You might be forgetting that without that talent the downside to the ship ability can be pretty nasty, and the turret is only a 2 die. Against non tractored targets his ability doesn't trigger iirc.

I don’t even remember his ability, I’m just thinking of I6 reposition->rotate->tractor.

Reduced agility doesn’t hurt if you’re out of arc.

Edited by ClassicalMoser