Sign in to follow this  
RStan

Hyena Article - Living Starfighters

11 minutes ago, RStan said:

Also.....Red Jam on this guys action bar instead of Red Reload?!?!?!?!?!

Different actions available on different uniques????

That's pretty dang cool. 

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be honest, I like it as a concept.  This guy as a swarm backer so you don't have to bring a buzzbot or a Scimitar seems like a great plan.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:

The leaked Passive Sensors also let people do that: 

Funny thing, this ship also comes with it... :)

Meh gotta pay for it probably

Dunno how much; can't imagine it's too cheap

Meanwhile, 32c (c for coordinate?) means you just pay for it once. Stack him with those dudes that can "share" a targrtlock and let loose the beef Tenderizer of Diamond Boring Missiles

In theory ofc, point costs all pending 

Also e phase broll + lock 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Meh gotta pay for it probably

Dunno how much; can't imagine it's too cheap

Meanwhile, 32c (c for coordinate?) means you just pay for it once. Stack him with those dudes that can "share" a targrtlock and let loose the beef Tenderizer of Diamond Boring Missiles

In theory ofc, point costs all pending 

Diamond Boron Missile is 1 pip. 

10 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

Nice ship, interesting upgrades. 

I will have a mighty need for the fuses.

Man, my poor, poor Rebels and Imps. I'm totally missing out on:

Autoblaster

Passive Sensors

Plasma Torpedoes

Diamond-Boron missiles

Delayed fuses

Electro-Proton Bomb

Spare Parts canisters

Gas Clouds

Brilliant Evasion

And probably much, much more, just because I can't afford to buy into prequel factions.

Those card packs can't come out soon enough. I'm so far behind :(:(:(:(:(

It's probably worth noting that Diamond Boron Missiles splash damage hits the defender as well.

I'm surprised the delayed fusing Mod hasn't been mentioned more, it's probably the most interesting thing on show here, it makes a LOT of ships a LOT more interested in Bombs, because it makes them go from something you can't get dropped until you've got something behind you, to something you can drop on the joust to prevent people k turning behind you.  It's a HUGE change.  I hope they're cheap.  And more than one per pack.  The former is likely, the latter sadly less so...

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Diamond Boron Missile is 1 pip. 

Booo

Well, A beef Tenderizer

Guess diamonds are hard to find even in galaxies far far away

Btw, would also be remiss if I didn't say that Delayed Fuses might be the sleeping monster of the wave. Think about the area denial you would create with it...

I'd imagine turreted bombers would benefit the most from it as they can run and gun + use skilled bombardier for even more control

Fortunately the K is in extended (Miranda is so pumped for this!) and the res bomber pricey...but let's see what the Republic Y is packing 

25 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

“Each form of programming can take a unique set of upgrades.”

Wow, FFG is really making pushing design space in interesting directions.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.  It's like you're getting three or four ships in the pack, instead of simply pilots.  I wonder what the default/generic slots will be?  Either way, this is a precedent-setter, and incredibly unique.  

23 minutes ago, RStan said:

Also.....Red Jam on this guys action bar instead of Red Reload?!?!?!?!?!

Different actions available on different uniques????

That's pretty dang cool. 

^This.  That is really a unique take on design.  I approve.

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Booo

Well, A beef Tenderizer

Guess diamonds are hard to find even in galaxies far far away

Btw, would also be remiss if I didn't say that Delayed Fuses might be the sleeping monster of the wave. Think about the area denial you would create with it...

I'd imagine turreted bombers would benefit the most from it as they can run and gun + use skilled bombardier for even more control

Fortunately the K is in extended (Miranda is so pumped for this!) and the res bomber pricey...but let's see what the Republic Y is packing 

Imagine Nym with fuses.

"Gonna go off next round guys, LOOK OUT!"

"JK lol nope I got you :p"

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's probably worth noting that Diamond Boron Missiles splash damage hits the defender as well.

I'm surprised the delayed fusing Mod hasn't been mentioned more, it's probably the most interesting thing on show here, it makes a LOT of ships a LOT more interested in Bombs, because it makes them go from something you can't get dropped until you've got something behind you, to something you can drop on the joust to prevent people k turning behind you.  It's a HUGE change.  I hope they're cheap.  And more than one per pack.  The former is likely, the latter sadly less so...

It was mentioned in the demo stream last month.

The delayed fuse mod?  Yeah, it was mentioned that something would do that but now that we've seen what it is and it's just a mod slot, rather than, say, a Sensor, or a Device, it makes a huge difference to who can equip it, i.e. everyone who has a Device slot at the moment I believe.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The delayed fuse mod?  Yeah, it was mentioned that something would do that but now that we've seen what it is and it's just a mod slot, rather than, say, a Sensor, or a Device, it makes a huge difference to who can equip it, i.e. everyone who has a Device slot at the moment I believe.

Nimble bomber + Delayed Fuse = Happy happy TIE/sa

Add Skilled Bombardier for maximum effect. 10/10 would spam.

If the Mod costs 3 you can fly five of these. Or 4 gammas with Ruthless and prockets or Barrage.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

15 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

I wonder what the default/generic slots will be?

"For those looking for an all-purpose bomber, basic models like the Separatist Bomber and Techno Union Bomber can support Vulture droid swarm tactics with a variety of ordnance. Both of these models can be outfitted with missiles, devices, and torpedoes, making them capable of chewing through an enemy’s shields with Plasma Torpedoes or hitting them with a deluge of Energy-Shell Charges."

As most others seem to be saying, I love the idea of really leaning into the slots not being static for a given ship. While this is obviously something they could have done in 1e with the printed slots on cards, I imagine they were very reluctant for fear of balancing issues. The combination of 'floating' slots that can be fixed easily via the app, as well as the new 2e allowance for multi-dot limited pilots, probably makes it way easier to implement. 

This is also seems like a great solution for a faction that was always going to be weird by not having many ships with space for organic crew inside - it lets them define identity for their bigger ships through ordnance and upgrade combinations. 

It seems like the article is implying the true generics will have a single device, torpedo and missile slot each, while the Bombardment Drone is two device only, and the Baktoid Prototype is two missile only. It's a mild shame there's no torpedo focused version, but I suppose that's the torpedo's niche in 2e - more powerful, but also more selective. 

Will all versions have a the sensor slot, though? We know the Bombardment Drone will, but will the generics? 

Changing actions based on pilot seems like even more of a shakeup, but I suppose there's already precedence with droid pilots getting calculate instead of focus. Honestly, I don't see how it makes sense on any ship with organic pilots - the instance here is clearly a case of this specific droid being built with a specific function (a command and control unit). Other ships aren't ever as unique in quite the same way, outside of specific named versions which is already covered by the title slot. 

5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'm amused that people are crying OP when none of the new stuff except Struts are Sep specific AND we don't have points on anything yet.

I'm way more concerned about the N1 in terms of balance.  Another spammable Juke ship.

eh...I wouldn't be

n-1a aint no phantom. Full throttle requires fully completed maneuver (decloak easier imo) and it doesnt have the Defender's white 4k so it can't get an evade after a k-turn (phantom can!)

most importantly...2-die primary

whompwhomp

it is good that R2-c4 doesn't synergize with juke due to timing, though.

imo, n1-a is going to...explode onto the scene as a torp boat with juke as a backup more than an abusable exploit

37 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Hey, they set a firm release date.

"releasing alongside the rest of Wave IV on June 6! "

>.< The week after my next local tournament.

Humbug.

18 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Launching a Proximity Mine, then flying over it with a Bombardment Droid looks it would be a lot of fun.

For certain definitions of fun.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

"For those looking for an all-purpose bomber, basic models like the Separatist Bomber and Techno Union Bomber can support Vulture droid swarm tactics with a variety of ordnance. Both of these models can be outfitted with missiles, devices, and torpedoes, making them capable of chewing through an enemy’s shields with Plasma Torpedoes or hitting them with a deluge of Energy-Shell Charges."

Ah - but the questions remain:  How many missile slots (one or two), or is the two-missile variety limited to the Baktoid Prototype?  Do all models have the Sensor slot (as @GuacCousteau) is asking?  Do the generics have space for Modifications (which would seem to be the case, given that the Electro-Proton Bomb takes both a device and a mod slot)?  These are the great mysteries of our Monday! ;)  

Edited by feltipern1

5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

>.< The week after my next local tournament.

Humbug.

Launching a Proximity Mine, then flying over it with a Bombardment Droid looks it would be a lot of fun.

For certain definitions of fun.

Launching it then landing on it to block is even better.