Sign in to follow this  
RStan

Hyena Article - Living Starfighters

2 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

You mean if your opponent kills someone?

Yea that's what I meant lol. Also useful in the late-game, now they can kturn around and still threaten an energy shell if something dies. 

Posted (edited)

". Already an ideal candidate to help control its fellow droids, DBS-32C is made even stronger by the fact that it can carry a Tactical Relay like TA-175 into battle."

assuming the article isn't wrong...as ffg articles love to occasionally be...we have our winner!

ENGAGEMENT

PHASE

TARGET

LOCKS!

(Looks like he might not be able to ordnance though, as the hyena is split into seperate loadout types ala the article

we got our ordnance, our launch bomber, and this dude)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Just now, pyoinator said:

Yea that's what I meant lol. Also useful in the late-game, now they can kturn around and still threaten an energy shell if something dies. 

arguably kraken did this particular trick better by letting 3  vulture turn around, hopefully out of arc, and still fire energy shell. You don't have to wait for an input from the opponent to do it (but TA-175 can give a bunch more calculate if you have 4 + vultures)

2 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

“Each form of programming can take a unique set of upgrades.”

Wow, FFG is really making pushing design space in interesting directions.

Causes me a little concern on if the Tac Relay is only going to be on the limited... I was hoping to take an I1 or I3 generic with the upgrade. Hmm...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

ENGAGEMENT

PHASE

TARGET

LOCKS!

Yeah this will be an ENORMOUS boon for the Separatists, possibly more powerful than rebel Fenn. I’m really intrigued by this and almost concerned about the implications of engagement-phase coordinate...

I mean we have General Cracken. Costed well it should be fine.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Just now, DarthSempai said:

arguably kraken did this particular trick better by letting 3  vulture turn around, hopefully out of arc, and still fire energy shell. You don't have to wait for an input from the opponent to do it (but TA-175 can give a bunch more calculate if you have 4 + vultures)

True. I've found with kraken, I start running out of stored calculates around turn 3, at which Kraken doesn't help as much. TV-175 seems more useful getting more calculates out there, as you expect to lose ~1 droid a turn anyway. 

2 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

True. I've found with kraken, I start running out of stored calculates around turn 3, at which Kraken doesn't help as much. TV-175 seems more useful getting more calculates out there, as you expect to lose ~1 droid a turn anyway. 

Agreed. TV-175 will be the go to relay for 5+ vulture swarm I feel, and kraken will probably be better with something like 3 hyenas and something else, like a sith infiltrator.

9 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

". Already an ideal candidate to help control its fellow droids, DBS-32C is made even stronger by the fact that it can carry a Tactical Relay like TA-175 into battle."

assuming the article isn't wrong...as ffg articles love to occasionally be...we have our winner!

ENGAGEMENT

PHASE

TARGET

LOCKS!

(Looks like he might not be able to ordnance though, as the hyena is split into seperate loadout types ala the article

we got our ordnance, our launch bomber, and this dude)

The leaked Passive Sensors also let people do that: 

Funny thing, this ship also comes with it... :)