Sign in to follow this  
irdonny

Cool metal card kickstarter

14 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

So cool! Wish they had the Ghost!

It looks like he is gonna do a second run of cards so long as these were successful enough, which looks like it definitely is, so there should be more eventually.

Ghost would be great. Soontir Fel, I personally would love to see a Corran on there, but I feel like it might not happen lol.

5 minutes ago, irdonny said:

It looks like he is gonna do a second run of cards so long as these were successful enough, which looks like it definitely is, so there should be more eventually.

Ghost would be great. Soontir Fel, I personally would love to see a Corran on there, but I feel like it might not happen lol.

Good to know! And nice find!

Oh, this is my project! Thanks for the kind words, I'm a little overwhelmed by how well it's doing, I genuinely was expecting to maybe make the goal, and not much further. I do have plans for more of these, but they are currently vague, nebulous plans. So vague and nebulous that "plan" is probably overstating it some. But they do include taking a few polls to see what ships and pilots I should do next, so keep an eye out for that at some point in the near future.

Nice work @Keios! I’m excited to see these on the table. 

While I have your attention, I have a couple questions for you that I could t find answers to:

1) What is your fulfillment schedule looking like? In other words, when do you expect to be shipping these out?

2) Do your prices include shipping or will there be an extra S/H fee at the end of the campaign?

Edited by Herowannabe

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

1) What is your fulfillment schedule looking like? In other words, when do you expect to be shipping these out?

2) Do your prices include shipping or will there be an extra S/H fee at the end of the campaign?

1- Fulfillment is looking like 2-3 weeks after the campaign ends for production and them to get to me (I literally just have to confirm numbers and pay the company and they'll be getting made), then about 10-15 days on top of that to get out to backers, depending on international post.

2- Prices should include postage once you fill in your location on Kickstarter? I'm charging £2 extra on international pledges, and that should appear when you make your pledge, since mostly they can be fulfilled as standard letter size international post, and I'm willing to eat the cost on those few people that want >100g of cards.

If it does, the Kickstarter shuts down, since money isn't taken from backers until the campaign finishes, nobody ends up out of pocket. Aside from that though, given the number of people selling alt art pilots, upgrades, and even damage decks through through their websites who both have a higher profile and higher turnover than I do, I figure the odds of it getting taken down are pretty minimal. It's the principle that I'm not taking business away from them, I'm not selling something that is in direct competition with an FFG product, so the benefits of crushing it are minimal, especially when weighed against the poor PR that it would produce for them.

28 minutes ago, Keios said:

If it does, the Kickstarter shuts down, since money isn't taken from backers until the campaign finishes, nobody ends up out of pocket. Aside from that though, given the number of people selling alt art pilots, upgrades, and even damage decks through through their websites who both have a higher profile and higher turnover than I do, I figure the odds of it getting taken down are pretty minimal. It's the principle that I'm not taking business away from them, I'm not selling something that is in direct competition with an FFG product, so the benefits of crushing it are minimal, especially when weighed against the poor PR that it would produce for them.

I think the bigger issue would be if you’re using any licensed images without permission. Disney tends to crack down pretty hard on that whenever they see it. 

And thanks for your answers above!

I don't know Kei, but I have some of his alt-art cards (the intentionally terrible ones), have seen some of his work on lighting ships and a few of the guys in our squadron have bought his dice trays. I can confirm that everyone says he is a really good guy.

I do know Louis who he designed these with. Also a top bloke! :D 

Most of those don't mention it on FFG's site or put it through KS though ;)

Just now, Herowannabe said:

I think the bigger issue would be if you’re using any licensed images without permission. Disney tends to crack down pretty hard on that whenever they see it. 

And thanks for your answers above!

It's concerning either way, the IP is what matters, not whether you're directly violating copyright on licensed images, these days.

8 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

You mean the Midnight aka 00:00 o’clock lol nope card? :lol:

Oh midnight! Now I get it! I don't know the first order that well. 

I want a whole suit of those! Or at least little Ani spinning drawn with crayons.