sithlord78

Anyone's Party NOT flying a YT-1300?

Just read a good article about how the Falcon's interior is totally unrealistic and out of proportion.

Made me remember the look of shock when my guys found out they couldn't fit a Skiff they had stolen into it!  At that point I did an "I told you so" and said "I bet that Wayfarer Medium Transport is looking pretty good right now huh?"

Made me wonder did anybody else's party NOT take the YT-1300?  Which one did they take?

My group settled on Sil 5 to have a base of some sort which lead us straight to the C-ROC as they voted purely on looks and low crew requirements (i didn't give them any stats besides crew req.). To offset the higher price I made it a piece of junk with lots of stuff to fix, and one of the first things they want to mod is a hanger so the pilot can do more fancy things with some smaller ship.

In the Beginners Box, they liked the YT but made clear that something different (and possibly larger) would be preferred.

My players started with a Loronar Skyblind which they stole from a dark jedi.  Though they enjoyed the roominess and the cloaking device, they eventually found it impractical for their needs and traded it for a souped-up YT-1300.  After arresting the Specters, they took custody of the Ghost; which they've found to be a great middle ground between the two.  

As so many, my players started with the YT-1300 Krayt Fang.

In the GM Kit Adventure Debts to Pay, they lost that ship to the rogue droids ... it was a memorable moment when they emerged from the mine with the freed miners just to find out that the droids, who successfully convinced them that pirates were responsible for all the trouble, simply stole the Krayt Fang and left them with that old rust bucket on platform B. 

In the adventure Trouble Brewing, they hunted down Bandin Dobah, but instead of cashing in the bounty, they made a deal with him. His stash of glitterstim and his YV-666 Freighter for his life. He agreed and they renamed that freighter "Droid's Bane" and the pilot swore, whenever she encounters those droids again, she will dismantle them to the last screw! 

Currently they arrived at Florrum with the Droid's Bane badly damaged and encountered Hondo Ohnaka, who runs a shadowport there (what the players don't know yet, with the helps of exactly that droids who are currently on a supply run with the Krayt Fang. I'm totally looking forward on their reaction once they touch down at Ohnaka's place!). 

Posted (edited)

Let me add that their not having a large enough ship has advantages for me, the GM.  

Since they don't have reliable ground transportation I make them pay for an UBER everywhere they go.  Makes a nice way to make credits disappear.  😉

Edited by sithlord78

In the Jedi Star campaign going on over in the F&D Beginners forum, my signature character (a high XP Jedi Guardian) owns and captains a modified YZ-900 medium transport [Sil 5 (54.3 meters), crew 2-8 (Astromechs and Droid brains allow for a crew of 1 plus gunners) 14 passenger cpacity, and Encumbrance 500 (500 tons of cargo capacity), and heavily armed], decked out into a mobile Jedi training facility in a similar vein to the Crucible. I turned one of the rear holds into a lightsaber construction workshop, another into a library/briefing room (uses the rules for the Databanks from the Crucible, in DoH, and Briefing Auditorium attachment), and the central rear hold was turned into a lightsaber training dojo. 

Well, in our first Star Wars FFG campaign our group had to chose among the 3 starting options from Edge of the Empire.

So the choice fell on the YT-1300 by vote (Firespray not really big enough) which resulted in a half destroyed one stolen from a scrapyard.

Our second group chose the YV-929 armed freighter and is pretty happy with the choice.

1 hour ago, dreenan said:

Well, in our first Star Wars FFG campaign our group had to chose among the 3 starting options from Edge of the Empire.

So the choice fell on the YT-1300 by vote (Firespray not really big enough) which resulted in a half destroyed one stolen from a scrapyard.

Our second group chose the YV-929 armed freighter and is pretty happy with the choice.

One of my guys suggested a Firespray and I pointed out that it can hold the entire party of 7...IF 4 of them slept in the prison cell.  🙂

Not that a YT-1300 is that much roomier.  We get by on the issue of beds because one of the characters is a droid and one is a Chadra Fan and doesn't take up much space.

1 hour ago, Noahjam325 said:

The Sorosuub Luxury Yacht has been a relatively popular option at my table. Even though it doesn't come with weapons; my players like to just add some during play.

The Luxury Yacht would be my choice, but that's just me.  

Funny though that a "Luxury Yacht" is as cheap as an extremely common YT-1300 that almost everyone has.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:08 AM, sithlord78 said:

Just read a good article about how the Falcon's interior is totally unrealistic and out of proportion.

It's become a long running theme, the Ghost interior doesn't make much sense either.  Even the old video games did it...I just played through Jedi Knight for old time's sake, and there's no way anybody bigger than Peter Dinklage could fit in the cockpit of the Raven's Claw, never mind two average adults side by side.

Anyway, we used a HWK-290 in my longest campaign, but ships haven't been a regular part of any crew since then, unless they are stolen briefly and then ditched.

43 minutes ago, whafrog said:

It's become a long running theme, the Ghost interior doesn't make much sense either.  Even the old video games did it...I just played through Jedi Knight for old time's sake, and there's no way anybody bigger than Peter Dinklage could fit in the cockpit of the Raven's Claw, never mind two average adults side by side.

In KOTOR 1 and 2, your party has at the most 7 non-droid members.  But the wookiepedia says that there are only 6 beds on the ship.

Hmmmmmmmm...

3 hours ago, sithlord78 said:

In KOTOR 1 and 2, your party has at the most 7 non-droid members.  But the wookiepedia says that there are only 6 beds on the ship.

Hmmmmmmmm...

3 hours ago, Malashim said:

Either they worked in shifts or there was at least some snuggling involved...

Or both. You know Revan and Bastila got it on. 😈