Sign in to follow this  
Mu0n729

Vassal module v8.6.0 is available - mouse interface Tallon Rolls, buzz swarm, probe droid

Full details here:

New v8.6.0 X-Wing Module for Vassal. Bunch of new mouse interface for tallon roll, buzz swarm droid and probe droid + bug fixes https://xwvassal.wordpress.com/2019/05/12/x-wing-vassal-module-8-6-0-mouse-driven-tallon-rolls-probe-droid-buzz-swarm/

3 short demo videos contained in the above links to ENTICE YOU TO READ

12 hours ago, Mu0n729 said:

Full details here:

New v8.6.0 X-Wing Module for Vassal. Bunch of new mouse interface for tallon roll, buzz swarm droid and probe droid + bug fixes https://xwvassal.wordpress.com/2019/05/12/x-wing-vassal-module-8-6-0-mouse-driven-tallon-rolls-probe-droid-buzz-swarm/

3 short demo videos contained in the above links to ENTICE YOU TO READ

I’ve just swapped from Mac to PC and learning Vassal. What’s the easiest way to update to the new module?

1 minute ago, drail14me said:

I’ve just swapped from Mac to PC and learning Vassal. What’s the easiest way to update to the new module?

1. Install vassal from here if you haven't already
2. Download the latest x-wing module (8.6.0) from the module download page or github (github gets the updates faster).
3. Once you've downloaded the module file, put it somewhere on your computer (eg. documents folder) and open it with vassal. Vassal will spend a minute or two importing everything and then you're good to go. I usually also delete the old vassal module file (8.5.0 or older) because it's not needed any more.
4. If the "content checker" button starts flashing once you open vassal, click on it and follow the prompts do download any missing ships. This is pretty slow and vassal will be unresponsive while the download takes place. You probably won't need to do this right after doing the update, but whenever new ships are added without a full update, this is how they are added.

9 hours ago, gadwag said:

1. Install vassal from here if you haven't already
2. Download the latest x-wing module (8.6.0) from the module download page or github (github gets the updates faster).
3. Once you've downloaded the module file, put it somewhere on your computer (eg. documents folder) and open it with vassal. Vassal will spend a minute or two importing everything and then you're good to go. I usually also delete the old vassal module file (8.5.0 or older) because it's not needed any more.
4. If the "content checker" button starts flashing once you open vassal, click on it and follow the prompts do download any missing ships. This is pretty slow and vassal will be unresponsive while the download takes place. You probably won't need to do this right after doing the update, but whenever new ships are added without a full update, this is how they are added.

Thanks! That’s super easy. Took about 20 minutes of unresponsiveness on my system.