Sign in to follow this  
Kairous

Random question....

First off, a good friend of mine got me a copy of talisman via ebay, and we were able to give it ago before he returned to UNI, and i have to say its one of the most fun board games i have ever played.

The ease with which we picked up the rules, the board design, the random factor of the cards, the characters ,etc.

We had a blast with it, so i thought down the line i might pick up one or more the expansions (as when more people are available we will have more players, so it could be fun to spice up the board abit)

So i was over on the BGG site and i was reading reviews of the expansions and came across this....

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/613496/talisman-the-frostmarch-expansion

I think it was in the frostmarch picture gallery, but i was just wondering if this was a fan made card or if it came with that or another set.

Any and all info would be great :)

Yup that's a fan made card.

One of the things I find annoying about BoardGameGeek is people tend to upload these fan made cards and then don't label them as such. Like in this instance.

There are three alternate endings cards in Frostmarch though: Warlock Quests, The Ice Queen and Crown and Sceptre. There are also two downloadable ones from this website: Danse Macabre and The Crown of Command. There'll be three new ones in forthcoming Highlands expansion as well.

It is a fan made "card" but not a fan made "ending."  It is almost word for word taken from one of the very first alternative endings in Talisman world (from 2nd edition, when an initially 6 were released). The Dragon King in particular is likely the most remade of those cards for use in 4ER.  Even I succumbed to doing so, if you're curious, though mine is not exactly the same as the original - see here.  Others on this board have (re)done some as well...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=130&efcid=1&efidt=230179.