Jump to content
MrTInce

I would like a collection of gear and gadgets...

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Am I the only one genuinely excited for this book? I've been dying to have all the gear consolidated in one book, and I love that we're getting plenty of new and iconic equipment to go with it.

On a scale of 1-10, my anticipation for the book is at about a 3 or 4. I recognize the utility, but paying $40 for a book that consists primarily of material that I already have doesn’t really stoke a fire under me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Am I the only one genuinely excited for this book? I've been dying to have all the gear consolidated in one book, and I love that we're getting plenty of new and iconic equipment to go with it.

Nope, you’re not the only one. I’ve been hoping for books like this for a long time. Give me more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved working on this book! In some ways it was easily the biggest challenge FFG has thrown at me so far. 

 

The article includes a lot of stuff from my section (I did the weapons). Really excited to see this announced, and cant wait to see how things look presented on the page! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

Am I the only one genuinely excited for this book? I've been dying to have all the gear consolidated in one book, and I love that we're getting plenty of new and iconic equipment to go with it.

All I own at the moment are Edge of the Empire beginner box, EotE Core book, EotE GM screen, and Beyond the Rim. Though I would like to, I haven't even played the game yet.

It's very unlikely that I will purchase the majority of the existing class/profession focused books scattered across the 3 lines, but I am very interested in compilations like Allies and Adversaries and Gear and Gadgets. I think these compilations may help draw in newer players/GMs like myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

My point isn't so much whether or not it would be "counter to their existing production model". My point is that there is a desperate need for such a book to fill out a major lack within the line. 

Yes, I've understood your point quite well (although "desperate" is an overly dramatic adjective to apply). It seems, however, that mine hasn't made it through with the same degree of clarity. My point is that a compilation book like this - be it for this line from FFG, or for any other line by any other publisher - is attractive on the production end because the cost of production is lower than the average sourcebook for one simple reason: most of the content creation is already done. (Using Allies and Adversaries as the template, most of the reprinted stats don't even feature new fluff text...it's just copied and pasted from the original source.) Does that make a creatures compilation's eventual release impossible? No, it doesn't. But, it would be a change to the model, and a less attractive proposition for FFG financially.

Meanwhile, statting out "name" characters and/or compilation books are already changes in FFG's established models, so who the frak knows what to expect at this point, right?

BTW...

15 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

There simply aren't enough iconic creatures with FFG stats: ...no Sarlacc,

Allies and Adversaries, p 137. ;)

If they reprint a stat block in one compilation that was first introduced in another compilation, then I'd say we're entering a rather strange circle of self-reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

 

BTW...

Allies and Adversaries, p 137. ;)

If they reprint a stat block in one compilation that was first introduced in another compilation, then I'd say we're entering a rather strange circle of self-reference.

That's new. Still, there are a lot of creatures yet that need stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's new. Still, there are a lot of creatures yet that need stats. 

Curious which ones you mean - creatures tend to feature less in my games and are easily covered by generic stats (from the creatures deck) and your comment makes me wonder if I’m under using a resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with others here who say, with A&A, we now have enough creatures listed ... especially if we're simply going off the films themselves.

Personally, I'd like to see volumes that consolidate (1) all the available starships/vessels/vehicles and (2) all of the various species (with PC stats).

I'll definitely pick up this gear book, but I was really hoping FFG could have incorporated gear with vehicles and vessels.  Guess that was too much to fit into one volume...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DangerShine Designs said:

Curious which ones you mean - creatures tend to feature less in my games and are easily covered by generic stats (from the creatures deck) and your comment makes me wonder if I’m under using a resource.

Two in particular that I definitely need for my campaigns are Terentatek and Hssiss

32 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Fixed that for ya. 😛

😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Harlock999 said:

I agree with others here who say, with A&A, we now have enough creatures listed ... especially if we're simply going off the films themselves.

Personally, I'd like to see volumes that consolidate (1) all the available starships/vessels/vehicles and (2) all of the various species (with PC stats).

I'll definitely pick up this gear book, but I was really hoping FFG could have incorporated gear with vehicles and vessels.  Guess that was too much to fit into one volume...

With the announcement of the equipment book, it will not surprise me to see an announcement of a vehicle compendium and a PC species book on the way as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fl1nt said:

I'm curious to see if this will actually include all the equipment. Then it could be interesting, if not... meh.

Reading the article there will be 60+ Blasters, 20 Slugthrowers, 20+ Exotic weapons, 48+ Melee weapons, 13 Brawling weapons, 40+ types of Explosives, 50+ types of Armor, 120+ Attachments and 130+ pieces of Gear included in this book. Chances are all of the published gear that has been released so far will be in this book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T70 Driver said:

Reading the article there will be 60+ Blasters, 20 Slugthrowers, 20+ Exotic weapons, 48+ Melee weapons, 13 Brawling weapons, 40+ types of Explosives, 50+ types of Armor, 120+ Attachments and 130+ pieces of Gear included in this book. Chances are all of the published gear that has been released so far will be in this book.

Yes, maybe. But we'll have to wait and see ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Reading the article there will be 60+ Blasters, 20 Slugthrowers, 20+ Exotic weapons, 48+ Melee weapons, 13 Brawling weapons, 40+ types of Explosives, 50+ types of Armor, 120+ Attachments and 130+ pieces of Gear included in this book. Chances are all of the published gear that has been released so far will be in this book.

Only things we might not see are items that are already found in all three of the core rulebooks.  It's certainly not impossible that we'll see the bog-standard versions of the blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, blaster carbine, utility belt, stimpack, and so forth in G&G, but I don't think it's all that likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fl1nt said:

I'm curious to see if this will actually include all the equipment. Then it could be interesting, if not... meh.

I'm wondering if they'll do updated/corrected/altered versions of contentious items (like the Enc 1 Dragoon cavalry blaster).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, DangerShine Designs said:

Curious which ones you mean - creatures tend to feature less in my games and are easily covered by generic stats (from the creatures deck) and your comment makes me wonder if I’m under using a resource.

I like that in the SW galaxy when you come to a town out in the boonies your just as likely to run into people driving speeders as that of people using beasts of burden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, Underachiever599 said:

Am I the only one genuinely excited for this book? I've been dying to have all the gear consolidated in one book, and I love that we're getting plenty of new and iconic equipment to go with it.

Naw, I've been wanting Stuff Books for ever and a day. Gimmie ships, gimme NPCs, gimme weapons, gimmie planets - I will take any and all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...