Foxstone71

Dunwich Legacy Reprint??

I am sure this has been asked before, but I was not able to find any answers to my question in a search, and the emails I have sent have gone unanswered.  I received a few Dunwich Legacy Mythos packs as a gift, and In really want to play them. I know that I need both see the Core set (I have) and the Dunwich Legacy deluxe expansion (I don't have). The deluxe expansion is out of print now, and copies are going for largely inflated prices online (sometimes in excess of $200). I have no issues paying a little more for quality games and expansions that are harder to find, but I am not willing to pay such inflated prices. My questions are:

1. Will the Dunwich Deluxe expansion be reprinted? If so, when, or should I just assume it is "dead" and keep looking for a copy at a price I am willing to pay?

2. With the understanding that I will not get the Character cards, can I use the Encounter Sets in the  Return to the Dunwich Legacy instead? With the "Return to" expansions looking like an ongoing thing, I would want to have it anyway, and it seems like that option would be much more reasonable for me to at least get started on the Dunwich Scenario. 

As a suggestion, perhaps offer a "Character Pack" including just the character cards from the Deluxe Expansion, so newer player can use those investigators with the Return To expansion. 

Posted (edited)

No, the Return box does not provide a full array of encounter sets needed to play the cycle. It is a supplement, not a substitute for the deluxe box.

I expect that the Dunwich Legacy cycle will be reprinted eventually. It's just the way of this sort of game. When I played Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, I started with Cores, recent deluxes and recent pack cycles. I built my collection back to the earlier cycles as they were reprinted. As long as they're developing new stuff for this game, they'll make some effort to bring the old stuff back into print. It's cheaper for them to do reprints than to develop new products, and I think they have the evidence they need that new players are still coming into this game regularly.

Edited by Carthoris

On 5/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, Foxstone71 said:

As a suggestion, perhaps offer a "Character Pack" including just the character cards from the Deluxe Expansion, so newer player can use those investigators with the Return To expansion. 

FWIW the character cards are the easiest in the game to create your own proxies of. The Investigator card stays in front of you. So you just need to proxy their special and their weakness, which most of times are just 1 of each. Just print them off of arkhamdb. It's what I did to use Marie before she was widely available.