Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Other Friday

I've gotten my wife to play Armada with me twice. She liked it more the second time, but she would still rather play something else. She does enjoy Rebellion, we've played that about a dozen times.

Otherwise it's quicker simpler games for her. Catan, Pandemic, Munchkin, Uno... Not quite "table top" games, but with 3 kids it's hard to find time for more involved games as often.

Happy Friday!

My in-house Rebel convinced me we should start an Armada podcast so.... just a little involved I guess.

We don't always make it to game night at  the FLGS together but my Rebel Half Senator Faith joins me at most tournaments in the area. We also will spend the occasional evening painting ships and squadrons. 

I feel very fortunate to be able to share such a great hobby with my partner, really lets us connect and enjoy the game together.

I am exceedingly lucky that my wife enjoys many of my geeky hobbies with me including Armada (again another Rebel player). I will also second that my wife too enjoys Rebellion and we have gotten a number of plays out of that game. We both enjoyed the firefly board game so I think it is a no brainer for us to check out the new Outrim game as well.

My wife and older daughter are serious non-addicted persons that tolerate my Star Wars weirdness. (Mocking me only mildly.) But there's still hope! My younger daughter (11) is a fan of Darth Vader and loves to shoot at rebels. I played a easy-version of Armada with her, but it was a little bit too complicated. She played well, but didn't really enjoy. (I made the mistake not letting her win.) So I try to get her in Legion. But with all her busy schedules like school, dancing, singing, playing percussion, clarinet, piano she has got hardly enough time to play with her dad ... *sigh*

On 5/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, Cubanboy said:

Happy Friday you crazy forum peeps, Hope things are excellent!

As today I was playing a game with the Mrs Cuban, I wanted to ask does your someone special share your hobbies and thrown down at the table top?

Be excellent and play smart/play happy.

Nope. Every time I try it's a reenactment of this scene from Gravity Falls:

Ugh...this is like "homework the game"

My last girlfriend and I played X-Wing a few times. We were going to try X-Wing vs D&D Attack Wing since it's the same ruleset but we broke up before that could happen.

I didn't have Armada at the time :(