azeronbloodmoone

when will we get the new products this month

1 minute ago, Steck638 said:

Not sure its worth a new thread, but the card packs updated to on the boat today.

Generally not worth a new thread, since "on the boat" is very nebulous. The Rise of the Separatists RPG book was "on the boat" for around a year if I recall correctly.  I'd maybe consider a new thread for the Spanish site having a specific release date, but even that's questionable these days. 

2 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

My wallet and painting backlog have both let out a sigh of relief at the temporary reprieve.

Indeed. Today or never. I have way too many unfinished projects as it is. Since I'm going to be on the hook for billions of dollars worth of rebels soon, if they delay my favorite bounty hunter who am I to argue?

3 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Nothing in May, how strange.  This will be the first month without a Legion release in how long?

Since last April, which was the month after release I think. The "one release a month" schedule had to end at some point, makes some amount of sense it would be before the next huge dump of product from the Clone Wars release. 

2 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

Armada players remind you to get used to disappointment.

The ridiculously slow release schedule for Armada is one reason I stopped playing the game.  I remember the massive delay on the Wave II release and don't really care to see that again with Legion.

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Since last April, which was the month after release I think. The "one release a month" schedule had to end at some point, makes some amount of sense it would be before the next huge dump of product from the Clone Wars release. 

I can see them taking a tactical pause right before TCW stuff releases, but right now, with several GCW units in the pipeline seems odd to me.  I wonder if Sabine and Bossk really were supposed to be out this week, but got held up for something and that's what's caused the delay.  That said, that still doesn't explain why the AT-ST down was not released.  

7 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

The ridiculously slow release schedule for Armada is one reason I stopped playing the game.  I remember the massive delay on the Wave II release and don't really care to see that again with Legion.

I can see them taking a tactical pause right before TCW stuff releases, but right now, with several GCW units in the pipeline seems odd to me.  I wonder if Sabine and Bossk really were supposed to be out this week, but got held up for something and that's what's caused the delay.  That said, that still doesn't explain why the AT-ST down was not released.  

Depends on if legion products share some shipping resources with, for example, KeyForge, which just dropped an expansion. 

2 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Depends on if legion products share some shipping resources with, for example, KeyForge, which just dropped an expansion. 

THIS. right here. regardless of how much credit we give FFG, there are only so many people to unload containers and ship items out to distributors. If it came down to it, the container loaded with Keyforge was top priority for this release day (entirely my guess here). All other items got put to the side and waited for Keyforge to be taken off the boat, shipped to Minn (or where ever it goes), unloaded, and sent to distributors first. 

I worked in a warehouse for a while. I've seen companies pay extra just to get a certain container picked off the boat before the others and shipped before the others just to meet a certain release. It's likely many of the legion products we are hoping on are sitting on the same boat, and will just wait their turn until they get uncovered like the last Mahjong tile. 

32 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Well, it could be there were issues with a print run of the AT-ST down as well. In a similar vein to Keyforge and Legion sharing shipping resources, is it possible they share card printing resources (ie printed from the same factory)? In which case pushing to have ENOUGH Keyforge product to not immediately sell out at release would have held up a whole slew of other FFG products. 

Very possible that the same printer or conglomeration of printers are doing all the work for FFG. 

A product like Legion likely gets "printed" in several different locations and put together at one. (cards, plastic, baggies). If the Keyforge prints were running non stop, they might have held up cards for legion product. 

1 hour ago, YuriPanzer said:

Dudes, info on spanish site: http://www.fantasyflightgames.es/en_desarrollo

Rebel veterans June 27 for you at the USA.

Must have fixed it from when it was posted for the 30th. Now the question is: will that be before or after Sabine and Bossk, and is it just going to be the Veterans and Tauntaun or will it be a bigger release including Shoretroopers and Dewback.

15 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Suck

I preordered Bossk and Sabine with some Destiny stuff and now I'm stuck waiting another month++ for release?

Part of the reason I don't preorder from the site and just have a standing hold request at my FLGS. FFG is very close to the vest on release dates, and I prefer to know when I should expect to get what I paid for. I know not everyone has that luxury though. 

1 hour ago, Ken on Cape said:

And yet my FLGS didn't get any in, and the FFG site still has it listed as pre-order (not that their website isn't sometimes out of date), plus I don't see any active, non-preorder listings on Amazon. So I conceed it might have been released elsewhere, but looks like FFG/Asmodee didn't force a worldwide simultaneous release.

I'm waiting on the downed AT-ST to come in for an online order with some other legion stuff. 

Would have been nice if FFG  said something about it being delayed.  Just a "we are sorry " or something. 

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

And yet my FLGS didn't get any in, and the FFG site still has it listed as pre-order (not that their website isn't sometimes out of date), plus I don't see any active, non-preorder listings on Amazon. So I conceed it might have been released elsewhere, but looks like FFG/Asmodee didn't force a worldwide simultaneous release.

Looks like it was indeed intended to release this week, but due to circumstances non-US locations got it on time. 

I like the battle cards it comes with - looks like a good time. 

so for the guys who got it i'm both happy and angry at yall.
it looks nice just wish they still would have it so it can be incorporated both as story and also competition for the cards.
also the game forces you to play rebel vs imp according to the cards which sucks but oh well.

7 hours ago, Ken on Cape said:

I'm waiting on the downed AT-ST to come in for an online order with some other legion stuff. 

Would have been nice if FFG  said something about it being delayed.  Just a "we are sorry " or something. 

Which is part of the reason I think FFG never official announces release dates: the product is never late, it just hasn't been released yet in that market. 

53 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

so for the guys who got it i'm both happy and angry at yall.
it looks nice just wish they still would have it so it can be incorporated both as story and also competition for the cards.
also the game forces you to play rebel vs imp according to the cards which sucks but oh well.

As a purely "cinematic" play, it makes some amount of sense for that to the the "intended." I haven't seen the cards yet to see how hard it would be to adjust to other factions.

18 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Sort of like the release of the bases. I know Canada had them a month or 2 before the US got them. It happens.