azeronbloodmoone

when will we get the new products this month

so normally we see about 2 weeks out products updated as shipping before the release date, the information still hasn't change for the products so do you think we will see the products on at the very end of the month like the 30/31st or the begining of the next month. also which ones are you hoping for first the new ops or the new corps/support units.

1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I think we are getting the downed atst this month. Bossk and Sabine in June and the vets and shore troopers in July.  

Seems sparse.

Bossk and Sabine should be this month as well. Dewbacks. Tauntauns. Vets. Beachcombers is 2-3 months worth. August should have early preview on clone wars and then street dates in September. Droid and clone troopers in October. Then new commanders with barc speeders and rollar droids.

3 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Seems sparse.

Bossk and Sabine should be this month as well. Dewbacks. Tauntauns. Vets. Beachcombers is 2-3 months worth. August should have early preview on clone wars and then street dates in September. Droid and clone troopers in October. Then new commanders with barc speeders and rollar droids.

the problem with this line up is 1. the shoretroopers/dewbacks/tauntauns/vets are all on the boat right now and bossk and sabine are still at the printers. 2. all of these are 2nd quarter listed for now so the latest they can come out is june which is next month.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

the problem with this line up is 1. the shoretroopers/dewbacks/tauntauns/vets are all on the boat right now and bossk and sabine are still at the printers. 2. all of these are 2nd quarter listed for now so the latest they can come out is june which is next month.

When did the upcoming thing started to be accurate? I think I missed that very moment.

Edited by Dardura

2 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

The Upcoming page hasn't been accurate or particularly well updated for many months. FFG also routinely misses their release estimates. There's no way all the stuff listed for Q2 actually comes out by June 30. Most likely, Sabine and Bossk come out this month, either 5/23 or 5/30. We'll probably get the Downed AT-ST in June, the Rebel Veterans and Tauntauns in July, and the Shore Troopers and Dewback in August. 

Then, I bet we see the Clone Wars core set and accompanying expansions get an early release at Gen Con with the Clone Wars retail release filling the September slot.

I hope that doesn't sound too pessimistic...

6 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

They could amend it. My guess is that Sabine and Bossk are June. Downed ATST is possibly two weeks out. I think that Rebel vets + Tauntauns will be July and Shoretroopers + drawback will be August. Clone Wars will be September, with a GenCon early release.

This is best guess work based on past performance from ffg. Nothing confirmed.

In either case, the upcoming page is way out of sync with reality. It’s not a good source.

Having worked with games before... Even if the taun tauns were on the boat first. There isn't just one boat. There are fast boats and slow boats. There are some that have many stops on the way. It's completely possible that bossk and sabine were on a smaller boat and may not have left at the same time.  Dock strikes and storms tend to have an effect especially during con season. It's not improbable that they tried to have as much product already in the US before those events could harm the release schedule. Then, Have early copies of Clone Wars at Gencon while the release date is left in the wind because you don't know how long it will take the ship to get here. 

Even if the upcoming page was accurate, it would still be a mess to correctly determine dates during summer/con season. 

2 hours ago, crx3800 said:

Having worked with games before... Even if the taun tauns were on the boat first. There isn't just one boat. There are fast boats and slow boats. There are some that have many stops on the way. It's completely possible that bossk and sabine were on a smaller boat and may not have left at the same time.  Dock strikes and storms tend to have an effect especially during con season. It's not improbable that they tried to have as much product already in the US before those events could harm the release schedule. Then, Have early copies of Clone Wars at Gencon while the release date is left in the wind because you don't know how long it will take the ship to get here. 

Even if the upcoming page was accurate, it would still be a mess to correctly determine dates during summer/con season. 

sometimes, you have boats where the front falls off, which is not very typical, I'd like to make that point.

The upcoming page isn't always accurate but it is also the only information we get. It has however been accurate for many products and Legion is one of them. It would seem the next products that are coming to us are the ones on the boat and probably at the end of the month.

I have to say this, but why put Q2, April-May-June, without the expectation of it coming out during or within those months? Even the paints sets say Q3 and that isn't too much further away. Out of all the releases, I think only a few were delayed because of a China to US shipping problem, which cannot always be accounted for. Why not be able to have a large release month with everything else that doesn't come out in May? Why does it just have to be 2 releases a month like that past year? The Clone Wars sets have to play catch up to the GCW sets. Possibly we see a larger release schedule to assist?

On 5/9/2019 at 10:27 PM, buckero0 said:

Seems sparse.

Wait.. we’re getting the Beachcombers!?

4 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I'm terrified of the ****ing ****'s ****-*** total **** my wallet is in for.

well this month it is looking safe. the only thing that is shipping is the down at-st and it should be here in 2 weeks.