Posted (edited)

Trooper-How long have you had these Droids?

Luke- About 3 or 4 seasons

Obi- They're up for sale if you want them

Trooper- Really? **** I've been looking for an Astro and a protocol Droid would help my wife out a lot!

Other Trooper- I know, right, you were just talking about this and we have all this extra pay from being on this crappy planet.

Trooper- so how much, buddy?

Obi- ...balls

Edited by MasterShake2

Hah, on a more seroius note. How are you planning om using the speeder.

I think it can be a tank hunting monster when combining the ion blaster with the rocket. 3 impact + ion with 8 dice minimum. Expensive and fragile though.

3 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Hah, on a more seroius note. How are you planning om using the speeder.

I think it can be a tank hunting monster when combining the ion blaster with the rocket. 3 impact + ion with 8 dice minimum. Expensive and fragile though.

So far I'm not really impressed. It basically dies quickly. . .. I almost think don't let arsenal 3 suck you in to draining points there. Take one weapon and use it to get Fleet or wookies into position. (if you're going to use it at all). 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TK 421 said:

So far I'm not really impressed. It basically dies quickly. . .. I almost think don't let arsenal 3 suck you in to draining points there. Take one weapon and use it to get Fleet or wookies into position. (if you're going to use it at all). 

You can only transport 1 figure

I haven't had difficulty keeping it alive. Cover2 and armor 2 and don't stick it out in front of everyone. Use LOS blocking terrain to your advantage

I have had it die turn 5 is the earliest after it activated and killed Commander Veers. But it had done its work and sealed me a victory

Edited by buckero0
silly phone buttons are small

18 hours ago, jocke01 said:

My first game I did kill an occupier with the speeder and the rocket launcher.  The speed jockey kept it alive the whole game cover 2 + armor 2 = hard to damage.  I can't actually believe it actually survived against 2 occupiers and 2 e-webs.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, TK 421 said:

You're going to be even less impressed then..  you can only transport a unit that consists of only one model, so commanders and operatives only.

I have heard that some people really like to use the X-34 as a weapon platform with Ion Blaster, Rocket Gunner and Rifle Gunner.

That surprised me a little bit, because at this point the speeder is just 17 points cheaper than a T-47. The landspeeder would average around 5 hits per shot, while the airspeeder has an average around 4.
Even though it is often shunned as extremely fragile, the defence of the airspeeder is still much better than the defence of the landspeeder due to keywords and its speed. The speed and the immunity to melee should also mitigate the shorter range of the speeder to a certain degree.

Am I missing something that makes a fully kitted out landspeeder much better than a T-47?

1 hour ago, M.Mustermann said:

Am I missing something that makes a fully kitted out landspeeder much better than a T-47?

Much easier to hide the landspeeder as it sits down lower and doesn't move as fast. Speed 3 is actually a liability

On 5/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, arnoldrew said:

How would one do this?

sorry, had to be at my post for a few days. ANSWER: by cheating of course . . . lol ;) (at the time I wrote this I hadn't read the rules completely yet), the initial post was just meant to humor us. . . . those who laughed obviously have a good sense of humor, those who didn't . .. well . . . ;) 

I'm not sold on this thing . . . I almost think 2 more squads would be a better investment. At minimum, I'm not sure 3 weapons works, too many points. 

3 hours ago, TK 421 said:

I'm not sold on this thing . . . I almost think 2 more squads would be a better investment. At minimum, I'm not sure 3 weapons works, too many points. 

Me too. It's cool to fly (I've only used it once) but I don't know if it's competitive.

I honestly think building the X-34 to be an armor hunter is a trap. 

I ran a double speeder list with the Mark II and the rifle gunner and just blitzed into range 2 and unloaded with the Arsenal 3. They did okay since I did not face any armor.

ORSJ is a must though. Cover 2/Armor 2 is pretty annoying.   

On 5/13/2019 at 12:28 AM, ScummyRebel said:

Only thing I can think of is the lack of need for arc on most weaponry 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:18 AM, buckero0 said:

Much easier to hide the landspeeder as it sits down lower and doesn't move as fast. Speed 3 is actually a liability

Is all that really enough though to go from "worst unit in the game" to "competitive choice"?

You can still hide that thing only for a limited time because of the compulsory move.

Maybe its worth it, especially with the transport option. But I think I will wait a bit until I form an opinion about it.

27 minutes ago, M.Mustermann said:

Is all that really enough though to go from "worst unit in the game" to "competitive choice"?

You can still hide that thing only for a limited time because of the compulsory move.

Maybe its worth it, especially with the transport option. But I think I will wait a bit until I form an opinion about it.

Who said anything about a competitive choice? I don't even know what the point of the original post was. I was responding to TK421 about how to keep the thing alive.  I've had okay success keeping the landspeeder alive because I can hide and it doesn't move so fast that it outpaces all the other units in same army and the cover 2 Armor 2 removes most sources of damage.  I've (in other posts) mentioned how frustrating the 3 different range-bands the weapons have as a major downer.  Because of the variance in the weapons, I find you can't run the landspeeder cheaply and have it do anything (which is my complaint about the airspeeder, it doesn't have a cheap option either)
I frankly think of it as a more "fun" piece for an army and can do well against some targets in the game.  I sold my Airspeeder because I think the landspeeder is easier to use and less expensive point-wise.  The landspeeder fills the same niche.  I'm on record stating that the Tauntauns are what's going to wreck people competitively,  mainly because they have ALL the tools. Most of the other units released to date have some great upsides, but a serious balancing downside.  Airspeeder has best dice, but has several down sides (cost, movement poor surviveability, etc.) Vader is a monster, but he's expensive and slow, Tauntauns have it all

I’ve only run the Landspeeder once as a Chewie skateboard sorta thing. Chewie can take a wound or two on the approach to trigger tenacity and then jump out and wreck face!

I did miss getting to shoot with Chewie those few turns he was in the Speeder though...

I was running the rocket launcher and the Medium blaster so it threw a lot of dice as well!

I am bummed it doesn’t provide cover like the At-RTs do... and only displacing Troopers on compulsory moves... and once I exposed it (and learned about the “only on compulsory moves displace” thing) it dropped pretty quick.

But like Buckero0 said it is a lot of fun!