Black_Eight

Hyena Bomber Cost Speculation

So, based on some of the spoiled foreign-language material, the high-quality spread images, and the info gleaned from the recent stream, we know most of the information there is to know about the Hyena which will hopefully be out in June. Based on the major differences, I'm expecting costs somewhere a long these lines -- most of this considered in light of the vulture and TIE/SA as similar. Curious what you guys think -- this is not accounting for what I imagine might be some adjustments to the vulture named pilots. Would love to see what thoughts you guys have! 

PS  Estimated Points     Estimated Points   
Techno Union Bomber  1 28 - 30   Plasma Torps  8  

Separtist Bomber  3 30 - 32    E-P Bomb  10  

Baktoid Prototype  1 31 - 33    Passive Sensors  4  

Bombardment Drone  3 34 - 36    Landing Struts  2  

DBS - ???  3 32 - 34         

DBS - 404  4 35 - 38 

I think they will be costed simmilar to V-19 Torrents. Yes, they will have more slots for upgrades but you need to pay for this upgrades on a ship that will die like Torrents do.

Ini 1 Bomber with Passive Sensors and Plasma Torps should be no more than 36 points, like 1.5x TFD with Energy Shell. It is worse Tie Bomber with Barrage Rockets.

I'm hoping for something in the 26-28 point range for the I1. The biggest concern for making them too inexpensive is if they end up being a good Barrage Rocket platform, and it's currently unclear what sort of hoops they have to jump through to make those work. Otherwise, they are relying a lot on supporting abilities to enable them to use ordnance effectively against higher initiative ships.

Posted (edited)

More than a Torrent (see below), less than a TIE Bomber.  I'd go 27 for the basic Init 1, 29 for the basic Init 3.

2 more HP over a vulture for 7 points is a decent enough deal.  It'd cost 10 to get that with Hull Upgrades.

8 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think they will be costed simmilar to V-19 Torrents. Yes, they will have more slots for upgrades but you need to pay for this upgrades on a ship that will die like Torrents do.

Ini 1 Bomber with Passive Sensors and Plasma Torps should be no more than 36 points, like 1.5x TFD with Energy Shell. It is worse Tie Bomber with Barrage Rockets.

Depends on which Torrents.  :D

I feel that pricing them like Gold Troopers would be inappropriate, but like Blues and Limited Torrents?  Probably decent.  The far-better dial of the Hyena and the presence of a ship ability should raise it up.  Plus, the ordnance capacities do matter, particularly Energy Shell Charges and maybe also Barrage Rockets.

5 hours ago, PartridgeKing said:

They don't have the focus action, so surely can't fire Brockets... right?

It's widely speculated that something (the Tactical Relay?) will give Hyenas a way to treat "Attack [Focus]:" as "Attack [Calculate]:", since why else would they include Barrage Rockets?  Expansions have made mistakes before, but still.

Edited by theBitterFig

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

More than a Torrent (see below), less than a TIE Bomber.  I'd go 27 for the basic Init 1, 29 for the basic Init 3.

2 more HP over a vulture for 7 points is a decent enough deal.  It'd cost 10 to get that with Hull Upgrades.

Depends on which Torrents.  :D

I feel that pricing them like Gold Troopers would be inappropriate, but like Blues and Limited Torrents?  Probably decent.  The far-better dial of the Hyena and the presence of a ship ability should raise it up.  Plus, the ordnance capacities do matter, particularly Energy Shell Charges and maybe also Barrage Rockets.

It's widely speculated that something (the Tactical Relay?) will give Hyenas a way to treat "Attack [Focus]:" as "Attack [Calculate]:", since why else would they include Barrage Rockets?  Expansions have made mistakes before, but still.

As noted above one of the limited pilots can do it.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah we already know, it's one of the limited pilot takes care of that. The relay is probably going to be something else. A relay that would only be usefull for a single ship using a single upgrade would be really bad. Especially since they're solitary, and supposed to be list defining. There is 99.9% chance that it's something else! (I'll gladly eat my first hyena if I am wrong about this :P )

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

As noted above one of the limited pilots can do it.

3 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Yeah we already know, it's one of the limited pilot takes care of that. The relay is probably going to be something else. A relay that would only be usefull for a single ship using a single upgrade would be really bad. Especially since they're solitary, and supposed to be list defining. There is 99.9% chance that it's something else! (I'll gladly eat my first hyena if I am wrong about this :P )

Hadn't seen that pilot before, then saw the posts above mine, and figured it wasn't worth it to go back and edit. 🙄